Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2015-08-11

Thank you very much, vbat99,

For this new option and for your other help, set it like you said.

Many thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - RonnieG3 - 2015-08-12

Quote:Which scraper are you using? Mediacompanion. Or xbmc tvdb?

Using MC scraper. Tried with 'tvdb and got the same result.

Quote:And please let me know the full path for these shows.

I've scraped Lucifer but not sure if 3.624b or an earlier build. Will test again.

Edit
Has to be a path issue, possibly a SMB path??
Quote:Quote:
System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

If using SMB, what other options have you got set. Are you using a Central folder for actors?

No smb. Using straight paths:

G:\TV\Blindspot
V:\TV2\Lucifer
V:\TV2\Minority Report

Actors stored in TV Show (or Movie for that matter) folders.

All my media is set up like this and no issue.

Just tried adding another new show, The Bastard Executioner (G:\TV\The Bastard Executioner) and had no issues.

I deleted the folders and readded them - same thing.

Edit: Here's the error running TVDb scraper:

Quote:System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at Media_Companion.Utilities.EnsureFolderExists(String Path)
at Media_Companion.Form1.TvGetActorTvdb(TvShow& NewShow)
at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgrnd_tvshowscraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

I see the EnsureFolderExists line, but not really sure what else I'm looking at TBH.
Actors folder created, but only shows Jamie Alexander (on both scrapes).

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-12

If you read the error message backwards, the last routine that has the issue is Utilities.EnsureFolderExists, after that the error is during system IO calls to create the directory from the looks.

It's almost as if MC isn't seeing that the .actors folder already exists.
So it creates the folder first time, saves one actor.
Next actor, it checks if the folder exists, if not, create it. If exists, then it should just save the next actor into that folder.

Strange that it worked for The Bastard Executioner but not these other three shows. And harder to figure out as all four shows scrape file for me.

Sigh...Will check that routine and see if I can make it better.

I appreciate all you do. NodNod Truly!! Don't mean to be a pain, but I figured you'd want to know.

I'll try playing around with things and see if i can "trick it" into working. Like maybe using quick add, or re-adding everything or something.

Thanks again!! Cool

(oh, I'm really excited for some stuff I see coming up Big Grin. I imagine that's still in kinda early beta or maybe alpha even, but excited all the same

I've done some rework in this area so that Utilities.EnsureFolderExists is only called once if saving to .actors folder, as well as putting a Try-Catch around the create directory routine. Hopefully this doesn;t foul up other calls to this routine.

It'll be available in the next release which I hope to have out in the next day or so.

Er, what stuff are you excited about? Seems I've been all over the place in MC recently.

That sounds great!

I saw the tab for Music Videos/Concerts. What are you using for the Scraper, TMDb? IMVDb (Internet Music Video Database), The Concert Database (http://theconcertdatabase.com/) or (http://www.concerts-db.com/)? Will there be an option to create nfo's if we say download a concert from Hellfest and can't find that concert/artist anywhere?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-13

He he, that's still alive work in progress, and very raw. Currently it user Wikipedia, but will use a scrapes when can get back to it.

It should have been disabled, misses doing that

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-18

New Release.

Media Companion 3.625b

First-time release of x86 (32 bit) and x64 (64 bit) builds of Media Companion.
With Version 3.625b, we are releasing x86 (32bit) and x64 (64 bit) builds. As 64bit builds are new, and a learning curve for me, there may be some bugs that haven't appeared before.
So please, Please, if an issue occurs, post up a Issue Report on Media Companions Codeplex site (Link), with copy of config.xml, and step to reproduce the fault.

Main issue with 64 bit builds are ensuring the 3rd party files are compatible and operate correctly in a 64bit environment.

I look forward to hearing users thoughts and experiences.
New:
  • Media Companion x86 build and x64 build.
  • TV - Add Missing Aired episode offset option. This will delay aired highlight by 1 day.
  • Movie - Changed Root folder list to a Checked Listbox. Users can now keep all their root movie folders and enable/disable as they wish.

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix for Series title with & between words with no spacing.
  • TV - Added drag n drop TV Root folder to List of Root Folders.
  • TV - Add regex for episodes with decimal as separator.
  • TV - Correct Series extrafanart filenaming.
  • TV - Return of poster resolutions under image previews. (where relevant).
  • Home Movies - Fix Home Movie Fanart Zoom.
  • Home Movies - Added Poster to main browser tab.
  • Home Movies - Added option to get poster from screenshot.
  • Movie - Tweak Fanart.Tv code to use TMDB Id before IMDB ID
  • Movie - Fixed IMDB scraping multiple countries.
  • Movie - Return poster resolutions under image previews.
  • General - Memory leak improvements.
  • General - Improve messagebox, allow escape messagebox, cancelling download of preview images.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.625b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-08-18

MC x64 crash while scrapping "Dear.White.People.2014.TRUEFRENCH.720p.HDlight.x264-SVR.mkv". I get an error "le programme a cessé de fonctionner" with "ERROR imdb actor" in MC. I use TMDB scrapper.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-18

(2015-08-18, 14:06)Levi59 Wrote: MC x64 crash while scrapping "Dear.White.People.2014.TRUEFRENCH.720p.HDlight.x264-SVR.mkv". I get an error "le programme a cessé de fonctionner" with "ERROR imdb actor" in MC. I use TMDB scrapper.

I assume this is with French selected in the TMDB scraper?

Tested in English and French, and IMDB actors scraped correctly.
Check your .actors folder to see the last actor image saved. I suspect this is a IMDB geo location issue that I have never been able to circumvent successfully.

Also, have to tested with the x86 build. Does the same error occur. (I tested with x64 build)

Alternatively, in TMDB scraper settings, select Download actor images from TMDB

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-08-18

Yes it's with french selected.
I don't save actors in .actors folder so i can't said.

I will test the x86 build.

Edit : the x86 build seem to work.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-08-18

x86 worked flawlessly the first time I used it after updating.
I got 'Not Responding' a few times after that though.

Also, is there a way to rescrape 2 things instead of one?
I want to rescrape the votes and ratings for all media.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-19

(2015-08-18, 22:34)Levi59 Wrote: Yes it's with french selected.
I don't save actors in .actors folder so i can't said.

I will test the x86 build.

Edit : the x86 build seem to work.

I'll check, but I believe x86 and x64 use same code in MC to get IMDB actors.

Do you by chance have Use multiple threaded version where available selected in General Preferences?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-19

(2015-08-18, 23:46)marhutchy Wrote: x86 worked flawlessly the first time I used it after updating.
I got 'Not Responding' a few times after that though.

Also, is there a way to rescrape 2 things instead of one?
I want to rescrape the votes and ratings for all media.

See the not responding a few times myself. It's to do with TMDB, and getting images mostly. Need to check that section out. Maybe the delay in waiting for a valid response to too long.

As for rescraping 2 tags, use the batch rescrape wizard, select any tag you want to rescrape, and it will:
a. If one movie selected, will rescrape all movies.
b. If multiple movies selected, will rescrape only the selected movies.