Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-15

Apologies, Work and Jury duty has kept me busy.

Plus working on a new function has slowed me down also.

Will try to get a new release out in the next 12 hours.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Methanoid - 2015-10-15

(2015-10-15, 14:28)marhutchy Wrote: How close are we to getting the updated version?

As it stands:
  • Premiere date isn't being rescraped (that tag is only filled when doing the first scrape or rescraping everything)
  • Top 250 is empty
We? I think it is Vbat doing the work... Maybe you don't realise how rude your post isHuhHuh?

Na, its all good. And it's been a while.

still, would have liked to get the new function working and available, but want it to be acceptable first.

Will def be a release in next 12 hrs.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - adun79 - 2015-10-15

It's not working anymore. If I search for movies or try to scrape something specific it gets to "main body" but then nothing happens, I can press ESC, but it says cancelling forever and I have to force close it.

When searching for new episodes it gets through scraping the episode title and then stays at actors forever; however, here I don't have to force close it

3.629b portable for Windows

(2015-10-15, 22:24)adun79 Wrote: It's not working anymore. If I search for movies or try to scrape something specific it gets to "main body" but then nothing happens, I can press ESC, but it says cancelling forever and I have to force close it.

When searching for new episodes it gets through scraping the episode title and then stays at actors forever; however, here I don't have to force close it

3.629b portable for Windows

Sounds more like an internet issue.
Check Firewall/Antivirus is allowing Media Companion access to the Internet. Possible temporarily disable both to test.
Alternatively, I've come across my router blocking access, and a reboot of the model/router and/or hubs/switches has cleared this up in the past.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - adun79 - 2015-10-16

I thinks it's the IMDB scraper. If I use the TVDB and TMDB scrapers it works fine

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-16

Been scraping and testing movies this morning, with TMDB and TMDB/IMDB mix. Just scraped a movie solely with IMDB. Sorry, no issues here.

New Release.

Media Companion 3.630b, 32 & 64 bit builds

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix secondary episodes in a Multi-episode file to remove missing episode from Treeview.
  • Movie - Fix rescrape premier date from TMDB.
  • Movie - Fixed Top 250 scrape from IMDB.
  • Movie - Tidied up some naming of files, added basic template for movie location.
  • Movie - Fixed fanart missing filter if context download fanart.
  • Revert ffmpeg update as nothing new to offer, update was faulty, and update was very large file.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.630b x86 & MC 3.630b x64

Revision History

As promised, new build released.

Now, as I've been busy with life and work (damn work...), I may have forgotten to look into some things since the last build.

So, please, If I have missing an issue, something needs to be fixed, or anything related to Media Companion. Please post up a new message, link to a previous message, or just remind my dumb ass that I've forgotten something.
I hope to have some spare time available leading towards christmas.

I am working on Music Video functionality in Media Companion, but some sections of the GUI need to be re-done and code spit-polished. In the end, I have been leaning towards TheAudiodb scraper AND IMVDB scraper, merging of their data. I'd really like to also link to MusicBrainz for more album info for a Music Video, but that may happen further along.

Music Video's are an odd sort, not really a concert (which can be scraped at TheMovieDb or IMDB), so information is sparse. BillyAD had originally designed a scraper to gather info from Wikipedia, which involved data-mining of the wiki webpage. Success was good, but not perfect.
TheAudioDb and IMVDB are OK, but not great. So I'm gonna do the best I can to use AudioDb and IMVDB for now, with possibility of adding other sources for a richer scraping experience.

Hopefully, something will appear in the next release for Music Videos, unless bugs are predominant in 3.630.

TTFN, and I'll be watching posts for those who have issues or are reminding me of forgotten topics.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-10-16

Thanks for the update - haven't tested it yet though Smile

Figured as much Smile

If I came off as being disrespectful - that was never my intention Sad

It's all good. No disrespect given, just a kick up the bum for motivation. LOL.Big Grin

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-10-16

LOL Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-10-17

(2015-10-16, 03:23)vbat99 Wrote: ...

Update working GREAT on my end Smile

--------

One question: the 'Source' box got filled for the first time since I've been using using this application. The file that it showed up for had BRrip in it's name. Is that the reason?
The other files had only the the movie's title and year.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-17

(2015-10-17, 00:28)marhutchy Wrote:

--------

One question: the 'Source' box got filled for the first time since I've been using using this application. The file that it showed up for had BRrip in it's name. Is that the reason?

Yep, if the file being scraped as a matching source to the Video Source list in Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab, then this is stored in the Source tag of the movie.
ie: The Land Before Time (1988) 1080p BrRip x264 - YIFY will pick BrRip as the source.

Alternatively, you can select a source if you know what it is/was by clicking the drop arrow of the Source box, select a source type and then click the Save button.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - RonnieG3 - 2015-10-17

(2015-10-17, 01:21)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 00:28)marhutchy Wrote:

--------

Yep, if the file being scraped as a matching source to the Video Source list in Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab, then this is stored in the Source tag of the movie.
ie: The Land Before Time (1988) 1080p BrRip x264 - YIFY will pick BrRip as the source.

Alternatively, you can select a source if you know what it is/was by clicking the drop arrow of the Source box, select a source type and then click the Save button.

This might be a silly question, but is it case sensitive?