Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-17

If I recall correctly we compare everything as lower case, so doesn't matter.

But, if you find an instance where it doesn't pick up the source as it is in the preferences, then please post up examples and I'll get it right.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-10-17

Oh... that'll be quite a work.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - meccs - 2015-10-17

Short question. I used MC for the first time, scanned all my media, took a while but it worked out nice. But whenever I delete or add a few files and hit refresh it takes a very long time to update. Almost as if I rescan the library for the first time. Is there a faster way to check if all movies are still there? Like the "clean library" method in Kodi?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-17

(2015-10-17, 18:34)meccs Wrote: Short question. I used MC for the first time, scanned all my media, took a while but it worked out nice. But whenever I delete or add a few files and hit refresh it takes a very long time to update. Almost as if I rescan the library for the first time. Is there a faster way to check if all movies are still there? Like the "clean library" method in Kodi?

Unfortunately not.

a Refresh isn't only looking for what's been removed, but also if anything has been added.

For example, I get new media already scraped from friends, and add that to my movie folder.
On a refresh, MC scans all root folders for all nfo's, adding them to an empty database. Therefore if you've removed a file, or added already scraped files, the database is populated accordingly.

Think of it as a Clean Library and Update Library, but without the Scan for new media.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-10-19

Hey, Rob

Been trying to add a set of tv iso files that are multi-episodes. Having no luck getting them to be recognized. Could it be because they are iso files? Thought I was able to add them in the past. My naming convention is:
Game of Thrones - S01E01E02 - Winter Is Coming & The Kingsroad.1080p BluRay.iso. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-19

(2015-10-19, 05:58)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob

Been trying to add a set of tv iso files that are multi-episodes. Having no luck getting them to be recognized. Could it be because they are iso files? Thought I was able to add them in the past. My naming convention is:
Game of Thrones - S01E01E02 - Winter Is Coming & The Kingsroad.1080p BluRay.iso. Thanks.

Well, that's a new one. Found the issue and fix in place for next release.
Reason this hasn't happened before is due to BluRay ISO.
MC's MediaInfo can't read Bluray ISO's and returned an empty runtime, which was then attempted to be converted, causing the crash.

To get around this for now, disable getting media tags for these bluray iso episodes.

Unfortunately, I can't give an eta for when bluray iso mediainfo will be working, as this was a 3rd party function which has been discontinued. I'll keep looking for a work-around.

Tried unchecking "Save media tags to episode nfo" and get this error:

Called with: [stage: 10]

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)

Is there a setting somewhere else I'm missing?

(2015-10-19, 16:32)bobrap Wrote: Tried unchecking "Save media tags to episode nfo" and get this error:

Called with: [stage: 10]

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)

Is there a setting somewhere else I'm missing?

Darn, was hoping that would get you past it.
OK, replace the common.dll in your Media Companion folder with either of these, depending on your build. Note Must be version 3.630b.
Common for x86 (32bit build)
Common for x64 (64bit build)

This should get you past this error till the next release.

Worked great, thanks. A question about image scraping. When using the Fanart.tv scraper for images, the default is poster/fanart.jpg. Is that changeable? I think I read that someone is working on a change to artwork down-loader to get all these formats standardized. Just more of an info question than a request. Cheers.

(2015-10-19, 19:37)bobrap Wrote: Worked great, thanks. A question about image scraping. When using the Fanart.tv scraper for images, the default is poster/fanart.jpg. Is that changeable? I think I read that someone is working on a change to artwork down-loader to get all these formats standardized. Just more of an info question than a request. Cheers.

I'm waiting on a final decision and the update to artwork down-loader.

I also asked if the new changes would be backwards compatible, as this would make sense, and allow a smooth transition from old naming scheme to new naming scheme.
It'll be changed in Media Companion, or I'll add an option to save as clearart.jpg or <moviename>-clearart.jpg.
I'll add to the list...

Yea, it's the old Kodi exports to <moviename>-poster.jpg format and Artwork downloader does poster.jpg.

What would be better is if Kodi supported there files by default if present locally. Still, once the new artwork downloader is out, it won't take much to get mediacompanion sorted .

Now comes the request. Smile Might have asked for this before. Is it possible to split the delete artwork/nfo info into just delete nfo. Sometimes when screwing around I trash the nfo and MC won't read them correctly. I would like to just delete and rescrape just the nfo and leave the artwork in place.

(2015-10-19, 21:13)bobrap Wrote: Now comes the request. Smile Might have asked for this before. Is it possible to split the delete artwork/nfo info into just delete nfo. Sometimes when screwing around I trash the nfo and MC won't read them correctly. I would like to just delete and rescrape just the nfo and leave the artwork in place.

Does right-click the episode and selecting Rescrape Episode not cut it?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-10-20

Sorry, I guess my post wasn't very clear. For single episodes that works great, but, not when I want to rescrape a whole show. No biggie, I can always delete all the nfos in xplorer.