Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-15, 03:41)clubwerks Wrote: Hey vbat, I have a quick question. Suppose I change the name of the movie file from: movie.bluray.1080p.mkv to movie.bluray.1080p.ATMOS.mkv. If I change the name of all the artwork and nfo too, I just want to be able to delete the original entry and add the new entry without scraping because MC tries to rescrape my trailer and redoes all my artwork which typically doesn't match the artwork i originally picked. Is there an easy way to add a movie that's already been scraped without rescraping all the info? Thanks!

If your going to manually rename the movie and associated files (nfo, artwork, trailer etc)
Then in Media Companion, right click the movie and select Removed selected movie(s) from List

This will remove them from Media Companion database.

Change the filenames of all associated files, and when done, just do a Refresh in Media Companion and it should find the renamed movie without needing to scrape it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - clubwerks - 2015-12-15

Oh, here's another question completely different than my last. When I hit fanart on the movie page, it preloads all the fanart available for me to choose from, but when i click poster I then have to click which source I want to check for posters. Is there a way to make it default to the first choice and preload the posters for me?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - clubwerks - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-15, 03:47)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 03:41)clubwerks Wrote: Hey vbat, I have a quick question. Suppose I change the name of the movie file from: movie.bluray.1080p.mkv to movie.bluray.1080p.ATMOS.mkv. If I change the name of all the artwork and nfo too, I just want to be able to delete the original entry and add the new entry without scraping because MC tries to rescrape my trailer and redoes all my artwork which typically doesn't match the artwork i originally picked. Is there an easy way to add a movie that's already been scraped without rescraping all the info? Thanks!

If your going to manually rename the movie and associated files (nfo, artwork, trailer etc)
Then in Media Companion, right click the movie and select Removed selected movie(s) from List

This will remove them from Media Companion database.

Change the filenames of all associated files, and when done, just do a Refresh in Media Companion and it should find the renamed movie without needing to scrape it.

I thought that was it but I didn't want to click it until I asked because I changed like 10 movies and I didn't want to redo them all. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-15, 03:54)clubwerks Wrote: Oh, here's another question completely different than my last. When I hit fanart on the movie page, it preloads all the fanart available for me to choose from, but when i click poster I then have to click which source I want to check for posters. Is there a way to make it default to the first choice and preload the posters for me?

I could make a checkbox option in Movie Preferences -> General tab to autoload from TMDB. That way it will be user independent.

Sweet that would be awesome because I would guess 100% of my movie posters are from TMDB.

(2015-12-15, 04:47)clubwerks Wrote: Sweet that would be awesome because I would guess 100% of my movie posters are from TMDB.

And I didn't bother waiting for a reply. It's done and will be available in the next release.
Quote:1e41644165df
by vbat99
(0 downloads) Today
3:34 PM default tip

Movie - Added option to autoload TMDB Posters when switching to Movie Poster Tab. Option in Movie Preferences -> General Tab.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-15, 02:02)vbat99 Wrote: As for votes for American Hustle, no issue here getting Votes for this or any other movie from IMDB.

Very strange. You're right. I tried it again, and it worked for that movie.
For other twelve movies in my collection that didn't pick up the votes value, I just tried rescraping of votes multiple times (four times for some) and finally all got that value.
Never saw this kind of thing with previous builds.

(2015-12-15, 05:00)tars Wrote: Very strange. You're right. I tried it again, and it worked for that movie.
For other twelve movies in my collection that didn't pick up the votes value, I just tried rescraping of votes multiple times (four times for some) and finally all got that value.
Never saw this kind of thing with previous builds.

Yesterday as I was checking out issues on IMBD, I noticed a sudden design change to IMDB, Maybe they are rolling out some changes. I'll need to be kept updated if any IMDB values are not getting scraped correctly.
But, I also did some code changes in Media Companion, so that may be giving me OK results, while its still hit and miss at your end.

Looks like it'll be tomorrow before I get the new release out.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fish-Man - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-15, 02:08)vbat99 Wrote: Hi @Fish-Man
Sorry, your post got lost in the middle.
Can you give me example of a Movie, and also if using XBMC TMDB scraper or MC's built-in scraper. Then I can get Stars and Outline cleaned up.
Young Adult (2011) - shows the problem in both <stars> and <outline> tags.
I am using MC's built-in scraper (it also happens if I use the XBMC TMDB scraper).

Quote:As for end tag on separate line, this is something I wanted to fix, but it caused other issues. Not Pretty, but not able to sort out without nfo bugs.
It'll have to stay till I can get back to it.
OK. When you do, would it be possible to use a tab, instead of 4 spaces to indent the lines? (getting picky now!)

Thanks,
Paul

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-12-15

To All having issues with Outline, Stars or Votes from IMDB

Seems IMDB is being crafty are changing their pages between two slightly different formats.
I have seen and corrected the issues of strange characters in Outline and Stars, as well as fixed Intermittently getting Votes.

These and other fixes are in place for the next release, which I am striving to get out in the next 6 hrs.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-15, 22:56)vbat99 Wrote: To All having issues with Outline, Stars or Votes from IMDB

Seems IMDB is being crafty are changing their pages between two slightly different formats.
I have seen and corrected the issues of strange characters in Outline and Stars, as well as fixed Intermittently getting Votes.

These and other fixes are in place for the next release, which I am striving to get out in the next 6 hrs.

Great!
I really envy you coders Nod

I'll stick to managing networks Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2015-12-16

Not sure if anyone else is encountering this.
But when i try to manually update/Change a movie, using the "change movie" tab, and choosing IMDB, the correct movie, i get this error. (please see the background of the error log, it shows the imdb movie page, the movie does exist on imdb, but still it keeps throwing errors relating to TMDB.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-16

Checked and tested, and re-tested. Changes movies for me for Inbuilt and XBMC scrapers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-16

New Release.

Media Companion 3.638b, 32 & 64 bit builds

IMDB Bug Fixes, a couple of new Features, etc
  • Couple of new options added and plenty of bug fixes.
  • Preferences still had a few bugs, really hope this finishes them off.
Note: Music Video function of Media Companion is still being fine-tuned, and improved. While there is a list to add Concert Root folder, this functions is not complete. To be done by the next release.
Any issues or suggestions, please post on Media Companions Issues or Discussions pages, where topics can be better followed up and talked about without getting lost in these Forum pages.

Please, check the Documentation pages for more precise information.

New:
  • Movie - Added option to Auto-load TMDB Posters when switching to Movie Poster Tab. Option in Movie Preferences -> General Tab.
  • Movie - Addition of KeyWord Blacklist. Add each word(s) separate with a semi-colon.
  • TV - Add Option to rename episode filenames with Dot or Underscore in place of Spaces.

Fixed:
  • MV - Fix Music Video search or refresh affecting Movie Browser list loss of scroll bar.
  • MV - Fix Open Wiki page when tab is selected.
  • Export - Addressing JockBonds media export issues - Added missing NFO fields. (HueyHQ)
  • TV - When leaving Fanart.TV tab, update the pictureboxes incase of changed artwork.
  • TV - Fix scrape season if season number same as Year of Series Premier.
  • TV - Fix Download & Display of Season art if Season is by Year.
  • Movie - Refresh Movie Poster and Fanart after leaving Fanart.TV tab.
  • Movie - Fanart.TV tab, fix preview existing image if naming mode is <moviename>- format.
  • Movie - Custom change to TMDB scraper to get Movie Set ID during scrape.
  • Movie - Update MovieSet Title in Browser Drop Box (not Filterbox).
  • Movie - Fallback to Movie's Tech Spec page for Runtime if not available on main page.
  • Movie - Fix IMDB Outline and Votes by adjusting their Regex strings. Also fixed Stars.
  • MCPreferences - Reload Scraper settings on exit of Preferences so new settings are active.
  • MCPreferences - Fix loading of Proxy tab.
  • MCPreferences - Add option to move Ignored articles to end of MovieSet Title.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.638b x86 & MC 3.638b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2015-12-16

Works great for me now Smile
Scraping speed's okay; Outline and Votes are being scraped.
Respect!!!