Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2015-12-25

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-25

Merry Christmas to all.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-18, 07:18)tars Wrote: Thanks for the new version!
The bugs I reported were all fixed properly.

1. Whenever executing "Batch Rescraper Wizard" command from main menu, a dialog pops up saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array. Continue?". Upon clicking on No, the program closes down. "Refresh" doesn't help.

Not getting this issue on Batch Rescraper, except for Movie Sets. There is a Fix for Movie Sets for the next release. Please try when new release is out and let me know

(2015-12-18, 07:18)tars Wrote: 2. MPAA uses "Rated XX on appeal for..." phrases as well which are not handled correctly by the new option. e.g. Solaris (2002)

Solaris has a Rated PG-13, not Rated XX.
Have added rule to remove on appeal if found when option for remove phrase from MPAA Certl

(2015-12-18, 07:18)tars Wrote: 3. Right-clicking on any place on filter boxes displays "Configure Movie Filters" command. But right-clicking on an enabled filter entry (e.g. "+Tom Cruise") changes it to "all". I don't think that's intended.

Fix in place for next release

(2015-12-18, 07:18)tars Wrote: 4. I think preferences still have some room for improvement.

- "Common" and "General" sounds almost the same to users (yes, I know the differences). How about merging them into "General" with some more tabs?
- Too diverse options under "Movie / General". Why don't you create more tabs under Movie?
- Also group options based on key functionality. Why is "exclude rated prefix" option alone placed under General instead of under Scraper? Movie Set settings too are scattered across under different tabs and it's hard to locate each option.

Still to work on this.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-19, 13:39)tars Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 04:49)vbat99 Wrote: if not selected, Rated is added if not present.

Due to the change, now "Rated" gets added even before "Unrated", "Not Rated", "Approved", "Passed", and no-value movies.

If you enable "exclude Rated" option, then filtering gets messed up with R-rated movies as I reported earlier.

(2015-12-18, 03:59)tars Wrote: I got hundreds of filtering entries for R movies like "R for ..." unlike PG or PG-13 movies.

Give me movie titles with returned MPAA as UnRated, Not Rated, Approved and passed. And I will get a fix for these done.

(2015-12-20, 03:23)tars Wrote: While you're at it, you might want to improve the filtering scheme to be more useful.

I'd suggest there should be "All" (G) and "18+" (NC-17 / X) categories additionally.

Also "GP" and "M" are the same as today's "PG".

And "Approved" and "Passed" are closer to "Unrated" category since they can be any in today's rating scheme.
Leaving this alone till the previous issue are resolved. See above two messages from myself.

(2015-12-22, 14:54)tars Wrote: The inbuilt IMDB scraper fails to scrape properly field values with hypertext.
Try scrape outline for Aliens (1986), which currently writes: "The planet from <a href='/title/tt0078748/?ref_='>Alien".

Fix in place for next release.

(2015-12-22, 13:07)ztrust Wrote: Hey vbat
Regarding the episode actors and images not being scraped from imdb I have been keeping an eye out and a good example is The Flash (2014) Season 2 Episode 8
Imdb all actors have role and and thumb on IMDB but my nfo do not have these
Code:
<actor>
        <name>Casper Crump</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Ciara Renée</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Falk Hentschel</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Teddy Sears</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Stephen Amell</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Emily Bett Rickards</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>David Ramsey</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>John Barrowman</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Willa Holland</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Neal McDonough</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Anna Hopkins</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Shantel VanSanten</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>

Settings is Tvshow actor from TMDB and episode actor from imdb

and flash tvshow info
<episodeactorsource>imdb</episodeactorsource>
<tvshowactorsource>tvdb</tvshowactorsource>
<sortorder>default</sortorder>
<sorttitle>Flash (2014), The</sorttitle>

Just tested this and am getting actor roles and thumb paths OK for Flash 2014 Season2 Ep 8.
Code:
<actor>
        <name>David Ramsey</name>
        <role>John Diggle</role>
        <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjAxODUzNTgwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI0MDczMw@@._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Ciara Renée</name>
        <role>Kendra Saunders</role>
        <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNjg2MzI0NzMzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDUzODIxNTE@._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Neal McDonough</name>
        <role>Damien Darhk</role>
        <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUzODQyODIyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjE2OTEyNw@@._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Teddy Sears</name>
        <role>Jay Garrick</role>
        <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ5OTc3NjQzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODY1MDQ0NjE@._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Casper Crump</name>
        <role>Vandal Savage</role>
        <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTg3OTg1MTg1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzMwMTI0MTE@._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-29

About these changes,

(2015-12-18, 04:49)vbat99 Wrote: For next release.

Fixed Exclude Rated. If selected, Rated is removed, if not selected, Rated is added if not present.
New option. Remove phrases after Rating Certificate Cleans from Certificate on-wards.
ie: Rated PG - 13 for violence throughout and suggestive content including nudity becomes PG - 13, or Rated PG - 13.

This is on Scrape, Rescrape level of Media Companion now.

(1) Removing "Rated" was good, but adding "Rated" isn't.
(2) The new option to remove phrases is not really necessary.

(1) Lots of movies, even many US ones, lack MPAA rating (even when they have USA rating). They will, in most cases, fall back to other certificate system depending on the user's setting. You wouldn't want to add "Rated" to all those different countries' certificates, would you? If the user wants consistency, then he or she could choose to tick "exclude Rated" option as now it removes the prefix from whatever cases.

(2) As I already told you,

(2015-12-18, 05:08)tars Wrote: Would there be any differences between enabling that new option and using USA ratings over MPAA ratings?

the new option to remove phrases doesn't make significant differences from using USA certificates instead if the user wants to scrape the rating only.

Regarding this, can you improve USA certificate scraping a little?
IMDB has multiple USA ratings for some movies like Edward Scissorhands (1990)

In that case, MC picks up the former rather than the latter. Would be great if it gives priority to a non-TV certificate (not having "TV" in its wording).

So my suggestions for certificates:

- Do not add "Rated" prefix when the exclude setting is enabled
- Remove the new option to remove phrases
- Fix filtering for R & NC-17 rated movies when the exclude setting is enabled
- Improve filtering scheme for certificates as I proposed

(2015-12-29, 03:14)tars Wrote: About these changes,

(2015-12-18, 04:49)vbat99 Wrote: For next release.

Fixed Exclude Rated. If selected, Rated is removed, if not selected, Rated is added if not present.
New option. Remove phrases after Rating Certificate Cleans from Certificate on-wards.
ie: Rated PG - 13 for violence throughout and suggestive content including nudity becomes PG - 13, or Rated PG - 13.

This is on Scrape, Rescrape level of Media Companion now.

(1) Removing "Rated" was good, but adding "Rated" isn't.
(2) The new option to remove phrases is not really necessary.

(1) Lots of movies, even many US ones, lack MPAA rating (even when they have USA rating). They will, in most cases, fall back to other certificate system depending on the user's setting. You wouldn't want to add "Rated" to all those different countries' certificates, would you? If the user wants consistency, then he or she could choose to tick "exclude Rated" option as now it removes the prefix from whatever cases.

(2) As I already told you,

(2015-12-18, 05:08)tars Wrote: Would there be any differences between enabling that new option and using USA ratings over MPAA ratings?

the new option to remove phrases doesn't make significant differences from using USA certificates instead if the user wants to scrape the rating only.

Regarding this, can you improve USA certificate scraping a little?
IMDB has multiple USA ratings for some movies like Edward Scissorhands (1990)

In that case, MC picks up the former rather than the latter. Would be great if it gives priority to a non-TV certificate (not having "TV" in its wording).

So my suggestions for certificates:

- Do not add "Rated" prefix when the exclude setting is enabled
- Remove the new option to remove phrases
- Fix filtering for R & NC-17 rated movies when the exclude setting is enabled
- Improve filtering scheme for certificates as I proposed

So this is what I have done.
(1) Moved Exclude Rated option to Scraper Tab, under Certification Priorities.
Added another option to add Rated to Certificate if not present.
This means users can choose to remove Rated or ensure cert starts with Rated, or leave it as it is scraped.

(2) Removing of phrases will remain. Users choice here. If others want the phrases removed, the option is available. If you don't want to use it, your choice.

(3) See No.1

(4) Try it and let me know. I have it set to MPAA first, then NZ, plus IMDB knows I'm in NZ and offers that Certificate first.

(5) Not as simple as it sounds. Not knowing which order these extra certificates arrive in, may lead to issues. I need to investigate current Certificate Mapping to see what possible options we have.
But, this would be a rare instance, and easy enough for the User to fix manually.

(6) Filtering for R & NC-17. I Need example movies as I do not get Rated R or just R in my Certificate Filter list. Also NC-17, have no example of this Cert that I can test with.

Also, I mentioned I needed sample movies for returned MPAA as UnRated, Not Rated, Approved and Passed.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 10:24)vbat99 Wrote: (6) Filtering for R & NC-17. I Need example movies as I do not get Rated R or just R in my Certificate Filter list. Also NC-17, have no example of this Cert that I can test with.

Also, I mentioned I needed sample movies for returned MPAA as UnRated, Not Rated, Approved and Passed.

Looks like you still don't understand what the problem is.
Look at my screenshot again.

(2015-12-20, 03:23)tars Wrote: Image

This happens only with R and NC-17 rated movies.

Got it? Tick "exclude prefix" option and untick "remove phrases" option.

For sample movies, use the following template.

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?certificates=us:not_rated

(2015-12-29, 12:16)tars Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 10:24)vbat99 Wrote: (6) Filtering for R & NC-17. I Need example movies as I do not get Rated R or just R in my Certificate Filter list. Also NC-17, have no example of this Cert that I can test with.

Looks like you still don't understand what the problem is.
Look at my screenshot again.

(2015-12-20, 03:23)tars Wrote: Image

This happens only with R and NC-17 rated movies.

Got it? Tick "exclude prefix" option and untick "remove phrases" option.

For sample movies, use the following template.

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?certificates=us:not_rated

Oh, I see it, and I understand, but I am not getting these results.
Can you please check if the following two files are in the Classes folder under Media Companion folder
CertificateMappings.xml
DefaultCertificateMappings.xml

You may be interested in looking at customizing the CertificateMappings.xml for your own usage.

Note: These mapping affect the Certificate Filter. as I do not see any R for extreme..., only 18+

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - onlinespending - 2015-12-29

well this is just great. I ran Media Companion for the first time on a collection of movies I had stored in D:\Movies. Some of the movies were just files. Others were in subfolders. Added D:\Movies as a folder and ran the scraper. Ran on all 130 movies, but when it was done all my movies were deleted. The D:\Movies folder doesn't exist anymore! This is using the latest version at the moment, v3.6.3.9. Any advice or ideas what could have possibly happend for it to just wipe out my collection?

(2015-12-29, 23:16)onlinespending Wrote: well this is just great. I ran Media Companion for the first time on a collection of movies I had stored in D:\Movies. Some of the movies were just files. Others were in subfolders. Added D:\Movies as a folder and ran the scraper. Ran on all 130 movies, but when it was done all my movies were deleted. The D:\Movies folder doesn't exist anymore! This is using the latest version at the moment, v3.6.3.9. Any advice or ideas what could have possibly happend for it to just wipe out my collection?

Media Companion will NOT delete Movies. Chances are you have Rename Movie Folder and/or Files, and the Movie files have been moved into a subfolder.
There is one bug in renaming that I need to resolve, that can cause MC to get confused about which files to move.

Please check all folders, or do a search and sort by largest size.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - onlinespending - 2015-12-29

yes, I did set the options to rename movie folders and files. But wouldn't it just create and/or rename these folders within the D:\Movies root? It removed that directory and all files and folders below it.

OK, I found MC moved my root folder Movies to D:\Photos.

Chances are you had D:\ as the root movie folder, not D:\Movies

Though it's strange that it became Photos.

I suggest doing these in batches, or doing the renaming after scraping to ensure the right movie was scraped first time.

Cheers