Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-02

(2016-01-02, 07:16)aniziusz Wrote: Hi vbat,

which forum is better to communicate the issues/wishes? This or the codeplex site?

My wish would be check the copy&paste behavior for change movie function for special charakters like the hungarian: ő, ó, ű, ú, í, á, é, ö. Because I have got always a "?" symbol instead of the characters above. My another issue is: the tmdb site on the change movie tab is always in German language instead of Hungarian. My windows language is German. It is possible to change it to Hungarian in MC by default?

Hi aniziusz

Probably on the Codeplex site is best as discussions can get lost within these threads.

If an issue, raise a new issue so it can be tracked.
If questions, raise a Discussion.

This way we can track progress.

As for special characters, I have done a bit of reading on how to handle these, but I am still new to coding and not familiar with how to correct this in Visual Basic .Net.
This issue has been around for some time, and I really do want to get it resolved, but am struggling to find a solution.

In regards to Language, this will be due to your Windows language, and not something the Media Companion can over-ride.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2016-01-02

Followed the rollback guide, spent hrs fiddling wtih flash player, reading resources online, but still its the same case, media companion crashes with choosing change movie option. Sad

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Methanoid - 2016-01-02

Thanks.. I was just about to do same.. so although it wasn't fun for you, take heart that you saved some other poor sods like me from doing the same.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-02

Sorry people, but I can not reproduce this issue.
Media Companion 3.639b x86 and x64 are working perfectly for me on three different Computers.

Is the error your both getting the same as
(2015-12-30, 23:53)bobrap Wrote: Image

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Methanoid - 2016-01-02

Yes for me. Fresh Win10 install and up to date.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-01-02

Rob, the way I got rid of the problem was to remove the latest win10 update for Flash player (KB3132372 I believe). I never bothered with Flash player itself.

(2016-01-02, 21:08)Methanoid Wrote: Yes for me. Fresh Win10 install and up to date.

Check updated if Microsoft released a Flash player update for Edge. I recall seeing this couple of days ago as Microsoft do follow after Adobe's releases.

Last I checked over 200 separate issued mentioned on Adobe's site, and a hundred on Microsoft after latest Flash release, and Adobe closed till 4th Jan.
KB3132372 seems to be the issue in Windows 10.

Google KB3132372 and probelms, and you'll see this is a Flash issue.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-flash-player-patch-kb3132372-causing-app-issues-on-windows-10-498319.shtml

Sorry Bobap, you posted as I was googling the links. lol

Another FYI

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3132372

Note the Know Issues
Quote:We are aware of limited application crashes that occur after this security update is installed on Windows 10.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-01-02

(2016-01-02, 21:55)vbat99 Wrote: Sorry Bobap, you posted as I was googling the links. lol

Not to worryTongue

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2016-01-03

(2016-01-02, 20:58)vbat99 Wrote: Sorry people, but I can not reproduce this issue.
Media Companion 3.639b x86 and x64 are working perfectly for me on three different Computers.

Is the error your both getting the same as
(2015-12-30, 23:53)bobrap Wrote: Image

Yes, ditto.. same.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-03

Followup on Media Companion's Change Movie, IMDB/TMDB Tab causing Media Companion to become un-responsive, here is a message from Adobe, posted 9hrs ago.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2053723

Quote:Flash Player 20.0.0.267 - ActiveX Embedding Issue
chris.campbell Adobe Employee
chris.campbell Dec 30, 2015 1:55 PM

We've received reports from customers that indicate problems embedding the Flash Player ActiveX control into non-browser applications with our 12/28 release (version 20.0.0.267). This can be manifested by either white or black screens where the Flash content should be displayed or COM errors and exceptions.

We're investigating these reports with the highest priority. We apologize to those effected by this inadvertent change in behavior and we hope to make a solution available as soon as possible. I'll be keeping this thread updated with the latest findings and will continue to provide updates on a regular basis.

And further to this for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users.
Quote:17. Re: Flash Player 20.0.0.267 - ActiveX Embedding Issue
chris.campbell Adobe Employee
chris.campbell Jan 2, 2016 12:50 AM (in response to chris.campbell)

We're in the process of pushing out an update to Flash Player ActiveX for Windows XP through Windows 7 (Flash Player 20.0.0.270). We haven't forgotten about Windows 8 and 10 users and we're working closely with Microsoft to get an update out to these systems as quickly as possible. We will update this thread with additional details as soon we learn when the Windows 8 and 10 updates will be made available.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2016-01-04

(2016-01-02, 21:37)bobrap Wrote: Rob, the way I got rid of the problem was to remove the latest win10 update for Flash player (KB3132372 I believe). I never bothered with Flash player itself.

Thanks that did the trick, after uninstalling this update, MC doesnt crash. Will update windows only after adobe has released the new patch.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Zxurian - 2016-01-04

so waiting until adobe releases their own update through Windows Update should also fix the issue?

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-04

I assume so, as adobe have identified the issue is between flash update and ie and activeX . It's just after wait for Microsoft to release the fixed update...