Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-27

In my test files of 4500 movies, I had about 88000 actors. (listed individually against a single movie)
Once crossed references, I got the actor list to load 6500 actors all cross references.
That took over 2 minutes to load.
Increasing Minumum actors to 2, reduced from 6500, to just 2100. and decreased the time to only 12 seconds.

But that's ok. You've found a middle ground.
Cheers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-28

If it matters, you can still just use the generalized scrape, and some skins actually utilize the extended info script that, upon push, shows everything the actor has ever been in (shows, movies, trailers, etc). I have mine just show the main chunk of actors, and if I care, I hit extended info. It's pretty impressive the amount of stuff that comes up.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mfc2k15 - 2016-01-28

can we insert dubbed audio file

if yes where we can find the dub file in the directory

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-28

(2016-01-28, 02:55)mfc2k15 Wrote: can we insert dubbed audio file

if yes where we can find the dub file in the directory
Already answered about four or five posts back

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-28

New Release.

Media Companion 3.641b

!! Thanks to those users who gave a lot on feedback, and ideas.

New:
  • Preferences - Changed naming and function of Apply, Cancel buttons.
  • Movie - New Preference Enable/Disable Getting Folder Size. Default value is disable.
  • Movie - Increase Max Actors and Directors to 10,000 (default is still 500), but if set over 999, set minimum to 2 films to offset performance hit.
  • Movie - New Filter RootFolder.
  • MC - New option to close MC if user accepts to download new version.
  • MC - Check for new version before loading cache files.
  • MC - Add Custom Genre file Creator/Editor to Common Preferences tab.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix TMDB Scraping of Movie Set when option not enabled.
  • Movie - Fix Renaming of Folder with %1 option, use MovieSet name if also includes %N.
  • Movie - Fix Renaming of Folders with %1 and/or %N not moving fanart.tv files.
  • Movie - Fix typo halting display of Missing Credits Movies.
  • Movie - When sort by Cert, allow sort list when clicking on column header.
  • Movie - Incorporate loading of Ember created nfo's.
  • Movie - disable get folder size if movie is in root folder. Major speed boost on refresh.
  • Movie - Fix DurationInSeconds from MakeMKV created MKV files.
  • Movie - Improve loading time on Fanart and Poster Tabs.
  • Movie - Correctly support ignore articles on Folder and/or move Rename options.
  • Movie - Returned to fix detecting multipart movie with likes of Spartans, and Life Partners, causing issues.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.641b x86 & MC 3.641b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-28

Right on! Testing now.
--------------------------------------
* Add Set data via table & save (no reset back to "none") = Fixed.
* Add series folders from root for TV Shows = seems incredibly faster. NAS connect seconds compared to minutes for me on previous release.
* Show update to MC cache seems to be insanely faster. Like 1 per 2 seconds compared to like 30-50 on my WD Cloud.
* Found 100% of my movie database.

Whatever you changed, my system likes the flavor better.

-- What causes MC to mark a show as verified vs un-verified?

(2016-01-28, 07:22)McButton Wrote: Right on! Testing now.
--------------------------------------
* Add Set data via table & save (no reset back to "none") = Fixed.
* Add series folders from root for TV Shows = seems incredibly faster. NAS connect seconds compared to minutes for me on previous release.
* Show update to MC cache seems to be insanely faster. Like 1 per 2 seconds compared to like 30-50 on my WD Cloud.
* Found 100% of my movie database.

Whatever you changed, my system likes the flavor better.

-- What causes MC to mark a show as verified vs un-verified?

If MC doesn't find the entry <state>0</state> in the tvshow.nfo, then it doesn't know if the Series is Valid or there is something wrong.
This tag is also used if the series was newly added, and MC wasn't sure it got the correct TV Series.

For Tv Series that were scraped by Ember, this tag won't be present. And in MC, clicking the Verified button, will re-write the tvshow.nfo in the format the MC and Kodi supports.
I'm still going to look at Ember created series nfo's, see if there is something I can do to get these correctly loaded into Media Companion.

Nah. Why bother? Keep it unique to MC. You want to make sure it's correctly listed. I like that it errors off. It forces me to validate it.

If it just bypassed it, I wouldn't notice that my Home Videos still scraped up as Naughty Amateur Home Videos. I'd rather correct that. Smile
There's a few that won't pass due to spelling errors too. I like that I can double check.

I also like that if MC put the STATE in, even upon a new install, it isn't reliant on the cache to grab the data. It auto loads properly.

(2016-01-28, 09:00)McButton Wrote: Nah. Why bother? Keep it unique to MC. You want to make sure it's correctly listed. I like that it errors off. It forces me to validate it.

If it just bypassed it, I wouldn't notice that my Home Videos still scraped up as Naughty Amateur Home Videos. I'd rather correct that. Smile
There's a few that won't pass due to spelling errors too. I like that I can double check.

I also like that if MC put the STATE in, even upon a new install, it isn't reliant on the cache to grab the data. It auto loads properly.

OK.

Well, just some other info. MC does use some other data in the episode nfo.
<showid>257655</showid>
This is so we can bind the episode to the correct Tv Series.

This is more for the Media Companion command-line utility, mc_com.exe, but it ensures we can scrape and re-scrape data correctly. Oh, and it helps with MC's Display Missing Episode function also.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-01-28

Excellent work!
Now refreshing has become a breeze regardless of the folder size.
And the new root folder filter is working great.
Big thanks for your hard work, vbat99! Really appreciate it!

Makes me wonder why I got obsessed and just pushed through. I knew the update was coming! I could have waited....but......... This would have saved loads of time. Dang you, McButton. You could have been writing a poem or eating cereal with that saved time....arm wrestling a grizzly bear....

Awe shucks, might look like a Grizzly, but...

Still, without good feed-back, it's hard to finds and resolve issues.

Between yourself, @McButton and also @tars, I've managed to improve Media Companion for all users.

So Thank you both for the help, push and determination to get these problems corrected.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2016-01-29

Great to see progress on this tool... will the next contain any fixes for music videos? I'm still seeing all the previously reported issues.

thx

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-29

(2016-01-29, 01:54)leejk Wrote: Great to see progress on this tool... will the next contain any fixes for music videos? I'm still seeing all the previously reported issues.

thx

Yes, for next release I will be working on the Music Video section.
With so many bugs and suggestions in regards to Movies, I had to get a new release out.

So I can get a better idea of what is going on, can you PM me a group of filenames so I can create dummy files to test with. If possible, can you get about 10 to 15 file names?
Cheers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-29

Yeah, buddy! Keep this thing going. Hit me up if you need someone to try to break it again. Too bad I'm not much for code assistance. You nailed all the crazy biz I needed.
We need to get all of you media manager guys together in an office and make 1 ultimate entity.