Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-28

Yes, just tested here and context menu, change poster, opens the poster tab for TV series you right clicked on, on the wall.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-02-28

When I first start MC, this is what TV wall looks like:

If I go from full screen/windowed/fullscreen I get this:

Images cut off in first view - correct context.

images ok second view - wrong context.

Sorry to be such a pain.Blush

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-28

(2016-02-28, 18:56)bobrap Wrote: When I first start MC, this is what TV wall looks like:

If I go from full screen/windowed/fullscreen I get this:

Images cut off in first view - correct context.

images ok second view - wrong context.

Sorry to be such a pain.Blush

Argh! found the cause of both those errors. Me, Sad not concentrating enough.

Next build will have initial wall layout fixed, as well as resized wall correct context menu.

Cheers and thanks for the visuals.
I really do appreciate the feedback and notification of bugs/glitches.

Rob

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-02-28

Wow, so glad I could help. Now for the next item...Smile I think you said this is on your todo list. On the TV side select TVDB and scroll down to actors and select one and nothing happens (can't check bio, etc.). IMDB side seems to work just fine. I also just tried selecting TMDB for a movie and I get a blank screen. IMDB seems ok.

(2016-02-28, 20:39)bobrap Wrote: Wow, so glad I could help. Now for the next item...Smile I think you said this is on your todo list. On the TV side select TVDB and scroll down to actors and select one and nothing happens (can't check bio, etc.). IMDB side seems to work just fine. I also just tried selecting TMDB for a movie and I get a blank screen. IMDB seems ok.

Lost me there.
Quote:On the TV side select TVDB and scroll down to actors and select one and nothing happens (can't check bio, etc.)
Do you mean, showing the actors info from TVDB or IMDB? or what?
Nope, you mean on the web browser tab...Will have a look.

And
Quote: tried selecting TMDB for a movie and I get a blank screen
is this from the IMDB/TMDB web page tab? or scraping a movie from TMDB?

My bad. Should have been more specific. The IMDB/TMDB web page tab. Goes to IMDB but not to TMDB. Disregard this...just checked and is working. The other is the web page for TVDB. No big deal just thought I'd pass it along. Seems some of the problems I run into are fixed/start work when I close and restart MC.

(2016-02-28, 21:07)bobrap Wrote: My bad. Should have been more specific. The IMDB/TMDB web page tab. Goes to IMDB but not to TMDB. Disregard this...just checked and is working. The other is the web page for TVDB. No big deal just thought I'd pass it along. Seems some of the problems I run into are fixed/start work when I close and restart MC.

OK, thanks for clarification. The page for TMDB does take some time to initially appear. I'll look into that.

And as for TVDB, I found the reason why can't click on actors or images. TVDB throws those links into a new tab, which we don't show in MC. I'll have a look, see what can be done there as well, but no promises.
Sometimes in these instances, its easier to set MC to open a web browser instead of opening the page in MC...but, never know, might be able to tweak something.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-02-29

What's the outlook for tv sync with Kodi?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-29

(2016-02-29, 00:28)bobrap Wrote: What's the outlook for tv sync with Kodi?

Way out of my league, sorry.
It was something I investigated, but my head imploded.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-02-29

LOL!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-29

New Release.

Media Companion 3.646b

- A few more bug fixes and one new option.

New:
  • Movie - New scraper preference, User TMDB API key.

Fixed:
  • MC - Minor issue with variables causing halt to loading of posters during scrape.
  • TV - Fix Wall view layout and context menu.
  • TV - TVDb browser tab, handle links.
  • TV - TVDb browser tab, add some navigation controls, fwd, back, stop & refresh.
  • Movie - Web browser tab, add navigation controls.
  • Movie - Fix wrong poster from Alternative Poster form.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.646b x86 & MC 3.646b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Romek_original - 2016-03-01

Just found out you addet a "Blacklist" Feature for Tag-Scraping - Thats really great. But there is the Problem with IMDB has over 27000 Keywords. Thats a lot work to add them all.

Could it be possible to change this in a "Whitelist"-Feature?

So i could just write in which tags i want and skip all other.

I want like Vampire, Independent Movie, Blockbuster, B Movie, Zombie ... stuff like this

would this be ok?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-03-01

Can a feature be added to retrieve my rating from IMBd to populate my rating?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-03-01

(2016-03-01, 20:01)Romek_original Wrote: Just found out you addet a "Blacklist" Feature for Tag-Scraping - Thats really great. But there is the Problem with IMDB has over 27000 Keywords. Thats a lot work to add them all.

Could it be possible to change this in a "Whitelist"-Feature?

So i could just write in which tags i want and skip all other.

I want like Vampire, Independent Movie, Blockbuster, B Movie, Zombie ... stuff like this

would this be ok?

I will look into the viability of adding a WhiteList. But I feel this is not really going to assist, and you can use the Movie Sets and Tags tab to populate the tags as you wish.
With 27000 keywords, it would be easier to blacklist a keyword not wanted, than to set all the keywords you do wish, as there is no guarantee that the ones you wish are allocated to the movie being scraped.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-03-01

(2016-03-01, 23:37)marhutchy Wrote: Can a feature be added to retrieve my rating from IMBd to populate my rating?

Unfortunately I don't think so, as it means getting or using some sort of API to access IMDB with your login and retrieving the data.
Which means IMDB would need an active API, and they don't.

MC currently data-mines the IMDB pages to get it's information. We can't data-mine a page we can't access.