Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-03-02

(2016-03-01, 23:49)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 23:37)marhutchy Wrote: Can a feature be added to retrieve my rating from IMBd to populate my rating?

Unfortunately I don't think so, as it means getting or using some sort of API to access IMDB with your login and retrieving the data.
Which means IMDB would need an active API, and they don't.

MC currently data-mines the IMDB pages to get it's information. We can't data-mine a page we can't access.

Okay. I just find it would be really tiring if I have to manually input my ratings.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2016-03-04

So far things are working GREAT!!!!

Hypothetical wish, no clue what it would take or if even possible. So we have Movies, TV, Music Video, and "Home Movies" (basically everything else). Thing moving along rather nicely, I'd say. Sooo... any thought to the feasibility of adding Music itself? I know. I know, but how great would it be to have that "One Ring to Rule Them All" when it comes to scraping and writing .nfo files? I'm not even talking about tagging, just cataloging and generating song, album, and artist info (and images where available).

Pipe Dream? Maybe, but this is something that is desperately lacking in scraping media. People can tag all they want, but if I want consistent media, I'm thinking .nfo files might be the way to go. Thoughts?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-03-04

Well.

Had a long think on this. My first reaction is not repeatable.

But, my answer, is no.

Not that it isn't do-able, but it is more complex that you may imagine.
From reading the filename, getting the artist, album, track title, year, and if it isn't in the title, then needing to read ID1, ID2 or ID3, WMA, MP4, FLAC/Ogg or APEv2 metadata.
Next getting the data from MusicBrainz or FreeDB or LastFM....needing to build a scraper, and get artwork, sort, store, build a database.

This all would need to be done from the ground up, where as Music Video and Home Movies, use existing structures and code to allow their inclusion into Media Companion.

My next big turn in Media Companion, is to continue with the custom Tv Shows function asked for so long ago. And while some of the structure is there, I need to figure out some method of ID that does not interfere with IMDB, TVDB or TMDB.

Plus the occasionally requested feature or fix.

IF, after that is completed, I may look at Music. Hopefully by then I'll be a better coder so it'll be a breeze....Confused

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2016-03-04

LOL. I figured. I can see how it'd be a HUGE undertaking. Like I said, just a pipe dream. But this program kicks ass (big props to Billy, Phil and ESPECIALLY you for keeping it alive and making it oh so much better). Not having anything really music focused is the only thing keeping me (and I suppose a lot of others) from making KODI our de facto music hub. Yeah, I've pointed KODI to my library, and it kinda works, but not like video does.

Thanks for not just blowing my inquiry out of the water. I appreciate the explanation as to why. MusicBrainz, MediaMonkey and the countless others I've tried are OK for what they can do. But just pointing them to a library and then fixing what may be wrong by album or artist is just so damn tedious, LOL. And then if we need to start over... well, without decent .nfo generation it's kind of a nightmare.

SO, back to what MC does best - how's it coming with the custom TV shows, by the way? As for ID, couldn't the same process used for Home Movies be employed for Custom TV? Basically, instead of scraping, we create our own? I mean, I haven't played with Home Movies enough to know what Unique ID Key is generated, but if the Custom show is not found with any of the scrapers, couldn't one just be generated with a MC specific key? Man, I probably sound ignorant as hell, but just trying to contribute any way i can.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-03-04

No worries. But sometimes it's not an idea to re-invent the wheel, and other times, a better wheel is what's needed.

Adding Music won't go away, but it's not going to be a priority for some time.

Now, I've been thinking about the custom TV side, and the ID. We don't need to use Unique ID's for episodes, only a special ID for MC to handle.
And I've come up with using a prefix of MC with 6 digits, calculated by YY+MM+DD (padded to three digits) and HH+mm+ss (padded to three digits).
This would be calculated on the date and time a user first creates the custom TV Series, and would be stored in the tvshow.nfo <id></id> tag.

Now that I've figured that out, the rest will be easy...(he laughs with a frightened look of apprehension at what could go wrong)... Shocked Eek Huh

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2016-03-05

LOL If anyone can do it you can. Looking forward to trying it it out Wink

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-03-10

New Release.

Media Companion 3.647b

New:
  • Movie - add option to save <watched> tag to movie nfo. Advanced tab. Mimics playcount.
  • TV - Scrape by Aired Date. Accepts yyyy.mm.dd with dot, dash or underscore between values.

Fixed:
  • MusicVideo - Fix crash if option 'Include Missing Video file in Cache rebuild' enabled.
  • Movie - Re-enable shortcut keys for genre box.
  • Movie - Fix batch rescrape xtrafanart/thumbs.
  • MC - Remove filters.txt as replaced by genres.txt.
  • MC - Attempt fix closing of MC if downloading of Update.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.647b x86 & MC 3.647b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-03-10

There also seems to be an issue on TMDB site, for retrieving Fanart for Movies.

As far as I can tell, this is a TMDB issue, but I will try and keep users informed.

I may be impossible to reach for a few days.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-03-10

Hey, Rob. Just curious as to what the advantage/purpose of Movie - add option to save <watched> tag to movie nfo. Advanced tab. Mimics playcount. If I wanted to use this, how do I batch/mass update files? Thanks.

Disregard the update. Figured it out by rebuild nfos.Sleepy

Wow, I am sleepy. Disregard this whole post. Saw the answer on MC web page.Blush

No problem. It was a feature requested by one user.
Since it was a simple addition, and not harmful to MC or Kodi, I put it in.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-03-11

Trying to create a new profile and keep getting this error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\soft\Media Companion 3.647b x64\Settings\custtvcache1.xml'.
File name: 'D:\soft\Media Companion 3.647b x64\Settings\custtvcache1.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitUriString()
at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(String inputUri, XmlParserContext inputContext)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
at Media_Companion.TvCache.Load()
at Media_Companion.Form1.Custtv_CacheLoad()
at Media_Companion.Form1.util_ProfileSetup()
at Media_Companion.Form1.ProfilesToolStripMenuItem_DropDownItemClicked(Object sender, ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-03-12

Can't download for some reason.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-03-12

Not sure about download, out of town.

Sorry Bobrap , was doing work on Customer TV before this release. Seems I missed some code.

Can't fix for couple of days, sorry.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-03-12

Oops, typo. Custom TV. Doh!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-03-12

Not to worry. Nothing that can't wait.