Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-04

(2016-06-26, 06:14)vbat99 Wrote: No.3 OK, the Basic Save Mode was pretty much the first method of saving nfo and artwork filenames, and I would have guess is rarely used anymore.
It has never been upgraded to Frodo & Onwards, but I can investigate and update this naming method.

Fixed Movie Basic Save Mode. Now saves movie.nfo, fanart.jpg and poster.jpg, if Frodo and on-wards art mode is selected.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-04

(2016-06-30, 14:31)bobrap Wrote: Rob, is the five screenshots for home movies only or for tv, movies and home stuff? BTW, do you know Python? Tongue

Next release has five screenshots for TV Fanart, Music Video Fanart, and Home Movie Fanart....for now.

New Release.

Media Companion 3.656b

Some feature requests, and a fix for IMDb scraping.

New:
  • Movie - Add -theme.extn as possible trailer file. Suits add-on Tvtunes.
  • Movie - New option to save Resolution to first tag entry. Populate by Rescrape Media Stream details, or rescrape tags. (Resolution values stored are 480, 540, 576, 720 & 1080).
  • MC - Exclude .recycle.bin folder from being added as Movie, Music Video or TV Series folder.
  • TV - Screenshot tab get 5 preview images to choose from for the Thumbnail.
  • Music Video - Screenshot Tab get 5 Preview Images to choose from for Fanart.
  • Home Video - Screenshot Tab get 5 Preview Images to choose from for Fanart.
Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix poster tab calculation of total posters if more than one page. (also fixed Alt poster browser).
  • Movie - Replace ask.com with duckduckgo search engine. We use multiple search engines when searching for the IMDB Id.
  • Movie - XBMC Link, fix parent form since move of preferences to new Preferences Window.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.656b x86 & MC 3.656b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-07-07

Hey, Rob. Four days and not a comment on the new release. Guess that's a good thing. All's working fine for me. Thanks for the recycle bin. Wanted to revisit the multi select thing if I may. On the TV side, if I hold the left mouse button I can scroll and select series folders. Just want to verify that the same can't be done on the root folder side? And the same for movie folders? The other place I'd love to see multi select is in the common settings/video source. I always remove the sources I don't use and deleting one at a time can be, well, you know...Smile

Having a programmers mind, have you ever given thought to doing a sets for tv? Not asking for a new feature (unless it's doable), just trying to figure out how to manipulate nfo files. Just a thought. Thanks again for the latest release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-07-07

Thanks for the update, testing out the -theme.extn and basic saving mode now, I'll report back!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-07

(2016-07-07, 15:27)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Four days and not a comment on the new release. Guess that's a good thing. All's working fine for me. Thanks for the recycle bin. Wanted to revisit the multi select thing if I may. On the TV side, if I hold the left mouse button I can scroll and select series folders. Just want to verify that the same can't be done on the root folder side? And the same for movie folders?
Sorry, as I changed the root folder lists to Checked List, Checked List boxes do not support Multi-Select. This is a dot net limitation.
(2016-07-07, 15:27)bobrap Wrote: The other place I'd love to see multi select is in the common settings/video source. I always remove the sources I don't use and deleting one at a time can be, well, you know...Smile
This I can do.
(2016-07-07, 15:27)bobrap Wrote: Having a programmers mind, have you ever given thought to doing a sets for tv? Not asking for a new feature (unless it's doable), just trying to figure out how to manipulate nfo files. Just a thought. Thanks again for the latest release.

Sets for TV? Just thinking about this makes my head hurt.
While most of Sets for TV is doable, the problem is the selection and display of series in a set. The TvTreeview we use has it's limitations, and I don't see a way around this.
But I have to ask, why Sets for TV?
What is the advantage? Usage?
And, does it work in Kodi?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-07-07

Don't bother with the TV sets. I don't believe Kodi supports it yet.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-07-08

Cool, -theme works just fine and basic saving works as should! Thanks for taking the time to implement these!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-08

Your welcome

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2016-07-08

Rob,

Most of my movies have subtitles, inside the movie container (mkv). Would you think about adding the first (or more than one if you could) subtitle language code in the overlay that appears on top of the fanart, similar to what you have for audio language, resolution, etc.? This would make it a lot easier for me at a glance to know if the movie has subtitles or not.

Thank you for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-07-09

(2016-07-08, 22:34)bsoriano Wrote: Rob,

Most of my movies have subtitles, inside the movie container (mkv). Would you think about adding the first (or more than one if you could) subtitle language code in the overlay that appears on top of the fanart, similar to what you have for audio language, resolution, etc.? This would make it a lot easier for me at a glance to know if the movie has subtitles or not.

Regards,

Bart

+1

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-09

(2016-07-08, 22:34)bsoriano Wrote: Rob,

Regards,

Bart
(2016-07-09, 19:13)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: +1

Gidday @bart and @Fail$tyle420

Yes, this can be done.
But i feel it needs to be either the first, or the default subtitle tracks language displayed.
While I could show all subtitle languages, it would be an issue of flowing out of the fanart if there were many tracks.

I know we currently have a setting to show the primary audio track or all audio tracks, but I just tested this with a DVD I have, and the movie's codec was blown off the right side of the fanart image.

So, choices.
First subtitle track
or
default subtitle track (falling back to first if none are listed as default)?
or
All subtitle track languages...

What's the consensus?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-10

Too late...
MC will show subtitle language in media info.
NB, imbedded subs. excludes hard coded(of course), and external subs (at this time)

New Option to just display the default subtitle with fallback to first, or if unselected, to show the first subtitle.
Also
New Option to display all subtitle languages.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2016-07-10

That works for me Rob, thanks!! Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-07-10

Awesome, thanks!