Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2016-08-03

Rob,

Thank you for the new release, in particular showing the subtitle language codes. I have an issue with TV shows:

I have a few TV shows that have not premiered yet, I have added them to SickBeard so that when they start, episodes will be downloaded. This of course means that the directory for the TV show only has an NFO and artwork. When I click "Refresh All", MC hangs when it encounters one of these shows that haven't premiered yet.

here is a link to the show's NFO, in case that gives you a clue as to what's happening: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFh8xll7WyVNRHxKiClw

Also, the dialog for refreshing the Tv shows takes up the whole screen covering MC's main screen, and does not have any controls to close it. I have to kill MC via Windows Task Manager when this happens.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-03

(2016-08-03, 21:19)bsoriano Wrote: Rob,

Thank you for the new release, in particular showing the subtitle language codes. I have an issue with TV shows:

I have a few TV shows that have not premiered yet, I have added them to SickBeard so that when they start, episodes will be downloaded. This of course means that the directory for the TV show only has an NFO and artwork. When I click "Refresh All", MC hangs when it encounters one of these shows that haven't premiered yet.

here is a link to the show's NFO, in case that gives you a clue as to what's happening: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFh8xll7WyVNRHxKiClw

Also, the dialog for refreshing the Tv shows takes up the whole screen covering MC's main screen, and does not have any controls to close it. I have to kill MC via Windows Task Manager when this happens.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
I learnt a long time ago to not allow Sickbeard to create the tvshow.nfo, as it was not fully Kodi compatible (some tags wrong, some not used by Kodi), and did not get all the default artwork for Kodi.
Instead, I manually create the TV folder, and get Media Companion to scrape the show. Then, I get Sickbeard to add it to its database.

But, what I will do is look at the sickbeard created nfo, and see if I can get Media Companion to load it and possibly re-write it correctly. Thanks for the link to the nfo.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2016-08-03

(2016-08-03, 22:20)vbat99 Wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
I learnt a long time ago to not allow Sickbeard to create the tvshow.nfo, as it was not fully Kodi compatible (some tags wrong, some not used by Kodi), and did not get all the default artwork for Kodi.
Instead, I manually create the TV folder, and get Media Companion to scrape the show. Then, I get Sickbeard to add it to its database.

But, what I will do is look at the sickbeard created nfo, and see if I can get Media Companion to load it and possibly re-write it correctly. Thanks for the link to the nfo.

Rob,

Thanks. Since there are not so many, would it work then if I delete the NFO and just "Check root folders for new shows" and rescrape with MC the shows added?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-03

(2016-08-03, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 22:20)vbat99 Wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Rob,

Thanks. Since there are not so many, would it work then if I delete the NFO and just "Check root folders for new shows" and rescrape with MC the shows added?
In MC's you'd need to remove the series from the list of separate Tv Shows, delete the nfo's and then check roots for new shows.

But, wait 20 minutes, and a fixed MC will be released. I have fixed the issue stopping MC from loading the Sickbeard created nfo, plus one major glitch I missed.

Great, thanks! Were you able to look at the issue of the refresh dialog taking up the whole screen?

(2016-08-03, 23:07)bsoriano Wrote: Great, thanks! Were you able to look at the issue of the refresh dialog taking up the whole screen?

No, have to get that one sorted for the next release.
On major issue was MC is only scraping one episode and finishing, even if you have 3 or 10 episodes it says 1 of 10, does the first, then finishes successfully. Do a new scrape and it's 1 of 9, finish. 1 of 8...etc.
Need to get that fix out ASAP.

Can you upload a screenshot of what your seeing, and advise your PC resolution, and if your running 100% dpi or greater.

New release soon.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-03

Yesterday I scanned 141 at once using MC's movie scraper, no issues at all

Issue is affecting TV Episodes. Movies are fine

Rob,

I am running Windows 10, resolution is 1920 x 1080, 100% dpi, and here is what i am seeing: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlII29kkG6TFh8xmzTCNafWwMB6ljQ

I did as you stated and now have been able to scrape all of the tv shows that have not premiered. There is one show, "Time After Time (2016)" that MC does not allow me to choose either of the fanarts available in thetvdb. Here is a screenshot: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlII29kkG6TFh8xnTl9-kCjcLalFRw. I have no idea whay this happens only for that show.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Bart

New Release.

Media Companion 3.658b

Close on the heels of 3.657b, this is a quick bug fix release, with the following extra fixes.
  • TV - Fix scraping only one episode.
  • TV - Fix reading of Sickbeard created nfo.
  • TV - Fix display of locked series status in treeview.
  • Movie - Fix subtitle display logic.
  • Movies - Fanart and Posters from TMDb sorted by highest votes first.

Below changes from MC3.657b
New:
  • Movie - New scrape option if poster exists as <moviename>.jpg, use and rename to <moviename>-poster.jpg.
  • Movie - Get Aspect from IMDB option added to TMDb scraper.
  • Movie - Added DTS:X and Dolby Atmos detection and overlay icons. * NB You need to rescrape media tags on your TrueHD and DTS movies *
  • Movie - Add : Dolby Atmos detection and overlay icons.
  • Movie - Complete reorganization of Tags, including Tag Filter, Min & Max and Sort order. Tags stored in external file.
  • Movie - Addition of Metascore from IMDb. Click label 'Top 250' to toggle display between Top 250 and Metascore.
  • Movie - Get Metascore from IMDb added to XBMC TMDb scraper options. Added to Rescrape and Batch wizard.
  • Movie - Add to Batch Rescrape Wizard option IMDB Aspect Ratio.
  • MC - Include subtitle language in media overlay. Option to show all subtitle languages.
  • MC - Add multiselect to videosource list.
  • TV - Display Series Votes. Now Scrape votes and ratings from IMDb (fallback TVDb) for Series and Episodes.
Fixed:
  • MC - Correct issue of MC remaining resident after opening Media Companion Home Page.
  • Movie - Better catch in rare instance of failure to get stream details.
  • Movie - Improve retrieve a poster from IMDb.
  • Movie - IMDb scrape, first search omdbapi, then google, final fallback to IMDb itself.
  • Movie - Fix Insert resolution as first tag.
  • Movie - Fix multi mode edit and altering Tag box.
  • TV - Fix for msgbox remaining visible if crash in TV Selector tab.
  • TV - Fix Series Sort Title display if select Season.
  • TV - Catch crash if Batch rescrape and episodes were removed but MC not Refreshed.
  • TV - Refresh TV Folders location if multi-monitor, ensure displays on monitor of Splash Screen, and in front of splash screen...
  • TV - Honor option Series Actors to be copied to Episode actors.
  • TV - Fix IMDb Actor Role being truncated of last letter.
  • MC - Changed "XBMC Media Companion" to "Media Companion for XBMC\Kodi" where relevant.
  • MC - Updated mediainfo.dll and fixed mediainfo related DurationMillis & Bitrate functions

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.658b x86 & MC 3.658b x64

Revision History

(2016-08-03, 23:16)bsoriano Wrote: Rob,

I am running Windows 10, resolution is 1920 x 1080, 100% dpi, and here is what i am seeing: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlII29kkG6TFh8xmzTCNafWwMB6ljQ

I did as you stated and now have been able to scrape all of the tv shows that have not premiered. There is one show, "Time After Time (2016)" that MC does not allow me to choose either of the fanarts available in thetvdb. Here is a screenshot: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlII29kkG6TFh8xnTl9-kCjcLalFRw I have no idea why this happens only for that show.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Bart
First image is funny. not sure why that is happening, but will look into it.

As for the second image, I'll have a look at that TV series and get back to you.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-04

(2016-08-03, 23:16)bsoriano Wrote: I did as you stated and now have been able to scrape all of the tv shows that have not premiered. There is one show, "Time After Time (2016)" that MC does not allow me to choose either of the fanarts available in thetvdb. Here is a screenshot: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlII29kkG6TFh8xnTl9-kCjcLalFRw. I have no idea whay this happens only for that show.

Bart

I see an issue where only two fanart images are displayed. Will get that sorted in the next release.
Work-around, select the series Time After Time, right click it and select Find missing art for this Show.
It will populate the fanart and anything else...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2016-08-04

Thanks Rob for looking into this and for the new release!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-04

vbat99,

1) Possible issue with tv votes at episode level. For some reason Lie to me season 1 is not showing the correct vote count and falls back to series votes. Season 2 and 3 are good

1,4 display correct vote count
2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 incorrect vote count

2) TV Shows media flags are displayed at episode level only, and the media flags are not displayed with the same quality as in movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-04

(2016-08-04, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks Rob for looking into this and for the new release!

Fixes for both Fanart no select option, and also refresh progress form size will be in place for the next release.

maybe a fix, but try with the refresh progress form open, hold Windows key and press down arrow.
It seems this form was Maxamized, and this is one method to shrink it back to correct size.
Else, hold fire till next release...sometime.