Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-19

(2016-08-19, 03:38)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Did you undo the way of scraping aspect ratio back to version 3.659?

Sorry, no I didn't remember to do that.
After the weekend there will be another update, and I will ensure this has been reverted.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-19

Question about fanart tab:

I just checked the option to save extrathumbs and it works, saves the file as thumbs1, thumbs2. etc.

Assume that you add an option to let the user choose between saving the image as extrathumbs or extrafanart. Would the image save as extrafanart1 and would this cause an issue when the image gets downloaded with artwork downloader in Kodi?

I didn't see an option in settings to manually select extrafanart images, which is the main reason I am asking this question

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-19

(2016-08-19, 04:57)Edworld Wrote: Question about fanart tab:

I just checked the option to save extrathumbs and it works, saves the file as thumbs1, thumbs2. etc.

Assume that you add an option to let the user choose between saving the image as extrathumbs or extrafanart. Would the image save as extrafanart1 and would this cause an issue when the image gets downloaded with artwork downloader in Kodi?

I didn't see an option in settings to manually select extrafanart images, which is the main reason I am asking this question

Thanks

I did have the option to choose ExtraThumbs or ExtraFanart, but removed ExtraFanart as it was complex to instigate with correct naming. Specially as they we were calling them ExtraFanart1, ExtraFanart2 etc, but had to be named as the artwork from TMDb.
eg: 1idWCaYKijeTn2mKITwxZQ3VHwb.jpg
or
5Mkn7azodV1fIH2moDUx3E6OaVQ.jpg
Artworkdownload looks for the above naming convention.

So option was removed, and instead added to AutoScrape. Select how many you want and let it auto populate.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-19

Possible bug with numbering of actors on tvshows

Band of BRothers shows several actors with 0, 1, 2, and more than 10 with 3's, I have not tried with the latest version yet.

(2016-08-19, 06:00)Edworld Wrote: Possible bug with numbering of actors on tvshows

Band of BRothers shows several actors with 0, 1, 2, and more than 10 with 3's, I have not tried with the latest version yet.

Is this the number associated with <order>? below is just an example.
Code:
<actor>
        <actorid>355769</actorid>
        <name>Erik Thomson</name>
        <role>George Turner</role>
        <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/actors/355769.jpg</thumb>
        <order>0</order>
    </actor>

looking on TheTVDb, first is Damian Lewis
Second is Ron Livingston
Third is Donnie Wahlberg
from there on, each actor is set to Don't Care for the order, so MC uses the last order number. Probably, this should be upped one number for any set as Don't Care.

This is data retrieved from TVDb. If you are concerned, sign up with TVDb, and pay it forward. Edit, add data, add artwork etc.

I was trying to understand why kodi wasn't displaying all the actors with an image and thought that maybe it was because of that number.

In this example, I believe kodi shows image for first 2 actors, then about 5 blanks, and then another 20 actors with image.

Just checked and data from TVDb shows any actor as Don't Care their <order> is equal to the last set actor's order value.
So we can't do much about that.

Sorry.

Scraped Band Of Brothers and added to Kodi.
I get 36 actors, and all their images are visible.

I tried both .actors folder in Band Of Brothers folder.
And then deleted texture13.db and MyVideoxx.db file, deleted and rescraped Band Of Brothers, with actors going into a Central database.
Both time, all actor images are present.
Tested with Kodi 16.1, stock Confluence skin.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-20

Another questions about actors en tvshows.

I deleted all the nfo's at episode level and selecteds "tvshow actors with tvdb and episode actors with IMDB". I can see that the episode NFO has actors listed but doesn't include the path to centralized folder, so I am assuming nothing got downloaded.

Am I using this setting correctly?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-20

(2016-08-20, 00:18)Edworld Wrote: Another questions about actors en tvshows.

I deleted all the nfo's at episode level and selecteds "tvshow actors with tvdb and episode actors with IMDB". I can see that the episode NFO has actors listed but doesn't include the path to centralized folder, so I am assuming nothing got downloaded.

Am I using this setting correctly?

In regards to actor images with episodes, it usually is only for guest actors.

At the Episode scrape level, we do not download actor images, only add their name to the nfo.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-20

fyi -

I downloaded tmdb set info using the batch scraper, but not every movie got updated. If I go into the movie sets tab there is quiet a few x's in tmdbid column

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-20

Movie set stuff is still being worked on.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-21

How much work would it be to add the option to download all tvactors from TMDb?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-21

(2016-08-21, 05:22)Edworld Wrote: How much work would it be to add the option to download all tvactors from TMDb?

Well, first need to build the api to get tv series data from TMDb. I believe some of this is available now, so just a case of being able to identify a TV Series from TVDb that is at TMDb.

Some work involved, will ad this to the current feature request to scrape episode/series from TMDb.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-08-21

I just re-scraped the media tags for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises and their set name got removed from the nfo file.