Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-14

(2016-12-14, 04:22)adun79 Wrote:
(2016-12-13, 19:20)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-12-13, 18:31)adun79 Wrote: I have actors thumbs set to be downloaded. For movies and tv shows it works like it should, the nfos have links to the local folder, but for episodes they point to IMDB (amazon) no matter what option I have: IMBD for both tv show and episode, TVDB only, IMDB +TVDB

Apologies for this issue. I will look into it and get it resolved before the next release.

Can you advise any specific TV Series titles.

Arrow, Black Sails, Conviction, The Americans, I don't think it matters.

Before I was using 3.662 and had tv show actors from IMDB and episode actors from TVDB, but I didn't like it because there were no thumbs for guest stars, I tried both actors from IMDB for one series and I think it worked because I remember seeing some new thumbs in the folder, I upgraded to 3.668 and tried for all series, but it happened what I said and now even with 3.662 it's the same. I'm on Windows 7

Yes, I see Episodes are storing the url for the image. Possibly these images are not being added to the .actors folder under the TV Series folder.

I will investigate.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-14

Question, do you have your actor images going to a central folder? or just into the TV Series .actor folder?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - adun79 - 2016-12-14

Central folder, but I tried with .actors folder and it's the same

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - adun79 - 2016-12-14

Heck, even with TVDB and TVDB it stores IMDB urls

(2016-12-14, 05:34)adun79 Wrote: Heck, even with TVDB and TVDB it stores IMDB urls

There was a fix for one option, that may be causing some of this grief.
Look at TV Preferences, five options above the apply button
Enable TV Show actor thumbs to be copied for Episode Actor Thumbs

I need to triple check this routine and ensure this is working correctly for all cases. I suspect I boo-boo'd when this was corrected a few versions ago.

Actually, no, I rescraped the tv show nfo with TVDB + TVDB and it works like it should, with or without .actors folder for the tv series. Did it again with TVDB and IMDB and it has imdb urls again

So, it looks like if IMDB is involved, it doesn't download, just writes urls

(2016-12-14, 05:44)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 05:34)adun79 Wrote: Heck, even with TVDB and TVDB it stores IMDB urls

I need to triple check this routine and ensure this is working correctly for all cases. I suspect I boo-boo'd when this was corrected a few versions ago.

Did some more extensive testing:

- with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" enabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from TVDB: downloads thumbs from imdb/tvdb and stores the local paths in tvshow.nfo; if the episode has guest stars, it will only store some tags for guest stars in the episode nfo, if it doesn't, it will store the paths that are in tvshow.nfo

-with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" disabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from TVDB: same thing, except it doesn't add the paths for episodes that don't have guest stars, so those episodes have no cast

- with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" enabled or disabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from IMDB: downloads thumbs from imdb/tvdb and stores the local paths in tvshow.nfo; the episode nfos have the same cast like on imdb's page but with urls instead of local paths

There's a checkbox for movies to use or not comma as a separator for votes. Can we have it for TV too? Right now it uses comma

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-15

(2016-12-14, 09:23)adun79 Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 05:44)vbat99 Wrote:

Did some more extensive testing:

- with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" enabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from TVDB: downloads thumbs from imdb/tvdb and stores the local paths in tvshow.nfo; if the episode has guest stars, it will only store some tags for guest stars in the episode nfo, if it doesn't, it will store the paths that are in tvshow.nfo

-with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" disabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from TVDB: same thing, except it doesn't add the paths for episodes that don't have guest stars, so those episodes have no cast

- with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" enabled or disabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from IMDB: downloads thumbs from imdb/tvdb and stores the local paths in tvshow.nfo; the episode nfos have the same cast like on imdb's page but with urls instead of local paths
This is good, narrows down the section of code considerably.

(2016-12-14, 20:27)adun79 Wrote: There's a checkbox for movies to use or not comma as a separator for votes. Can we have it for TV too? Right now it uses comma
I'll add this as an option to the TV Preferences.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - adun79 - 2016-12-18

I'm getting a lot of missing episode ratings (from IMBD) for some series, for the other series just a few. The ratings are replaced with the series ratings. I tried a couple of times and it looks like they are the same episodes every time. Other managers seem to work fine with IMDB ratings

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-18

(2016-12-18, 20:04)adun79 Wrote: I'm getting a lot of missing episode ratings (from IMBD) for some series, for the other series just a few. The ratings are replaced with the series ratings. I tried a couple of times and it looks like they are the same episodes every time. Other managers seem to work fine with IMDB ratings

This will be due to those episodes not having an IMDB Id assigned on TheTvDb site.

I do not know how the other Managers scrape the episode data without the IMDb Id number, but I can add this to the To Do list.

Preferably I suggest users pay it forward and sign up with TheTvDb site, and add missing information as they find it. This in turn allows other users to benefit from complete meta-data being available.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - adun79 - 2016-12-19

(2016-12-18, 22:15)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-12-18, 20:04)adun79 Wrote: I'm getting a lot of missing episode ratings (from IMBD) for some series, for the other series just a few. The ratings are replaced with the series ratings. I tried a couple of times and it looks like they are the same episodes every time. Other managers seem to work fine with IMDB ratings

This will be due to those episodes not having an IMDB Id assigned on TheTvDb site.

I do not know how the other Managers scrape the episode data without the IMDb Id number, but I can add this to the To Do list.

Preferably I suggest users pay it forward and sign up with TheTvDb site, and add missing information as they find it. This in turn allows other users to benefit from complete meta-data being available.

Well the other two were actually using an IMDB scraper. You're right, I looked up some of the eps in question on tvdb and they are missing the IMDB id, but most of them are locked, I don't know if you can add info anymore

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-19

(2016-12-19, 01:10)adun79 Wrote: Well the other two were actually using an IMDB scraper. You're right, I looked up some of the eps in question on tvdb and they are missing the IMDB id, but most of them are locked, I don't know if you can add info anymore

Darn it.

Yep, hate it when they do that.
Usually I has in the forum for an Admin to update the files and give them the info.

Still, that is a pain in the rear.

MC use to have a IMDb scraper, but its success rate was dismal.
I may have to look at this in the New Year, see what can be done.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-12-20

(2016-12-19, 03:39)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-12-19, 01:10)adun79 Wrote: Well the other two were actually using an IMDB scraper. You're right, I looked up some of the eps in question on tvdb and they are missing the IMDB id, but most of them are locked, I don't know if you can add info anymore

Darn it.

Yep, hate it when they do that.
Usually I has in the forum for an Admin to update the files and give them the info.

Still, that is a pain in the rear.

MC use to have a IMDb scraper, but its success rate was dismal.
I may have to look at this in the New Year, see what can be done.
Not sure how much episode level info is available on tmdb, but that would be another option

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-12-21

FFmpeg.exe - entry point not found when trying to create screens shots.

Reinstalled version and still the same issue.

Not sure what to try next.