Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-21

Are you on windows XP?

Sent from my GT-I9100

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-21

If so, here is a download for fixed ffmpeg compatible with windows XP
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22390436/ffmpeg.7z

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-12-21

No on Vista Ultimate.

(2016-12-21, 20:48)artistwantab Wrote: No on Vista Ultimate.

Might be the same issue. Try the download and extract ffmpeg and overwrite it in the Asset folder of Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-12-21

Works!!!

Should I save this and upload it to every build of Media Companion until I upgrade. Sad

BTW...You took my idea about the multiple screenshots...It is AWESOME.

One idea though you may consider it maybe that it picks the pics randomly through the movie. That way if you keep hitting populate you get a new set of pics.

Just an idea.

(2016-12-21, 21:30)artistwantab Wrote: Works!!!

Should I save this and upload it to every build of Media Companion until I upgrade. Sad

BTW...You took my idea about the multiple screenshots...It is AWESOME.

One idea though you may consider it maybe that it picks the pics randomly through the movie. That way if you keep hitting populate you get a new set of pics.

Just an idea.

This updated ffmpeg.exe will be in the next release, so don't worry about keeping it around.
I'd rather make MC compatible over all OS's than have special builds (excluding the 32 & 64 bit builds)

As for the Randomly through the movie (or TV episode), I'd rather not. It's quite easy to change the seconds and hit enter, and it will re-populate the previews.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-12-22

Hey just noticed something.

When I save an image from the populated images...it loses resolution.

Its drastic enough of a change and makes the images look blurred.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-22

(2016-12-14, 09:23)adun79 Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 05:44)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 05:34)adun79 Wrote: Heck, even with TVDB and TVDB it stores IMDB urls

There was a fix for one option, that may be causing some of this grief.
Look at TV Preferences, five options above the apply button
Enable TV Show actor thumbs to be copied for Episode Actor Thumbs

I need to triple check this routine and ensure this is working correctly for all cases. I suspect I boo-boo'd when this was corrected a few versions ago.

Did some more extensive testing:

- with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" enabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from TVDB: downloads thumbs from imdb/tvdb and stores the local paths in tvshow.nfo; if the episode has guest stars, it will only store some tags for guest stars in the episode nfo, if it doesn't, it will store the paths that are in tvshow.nfo

-with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" disabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from TVDB: same thing, except it doesn't add the paths for episodes that don't have guest stars, so those episodes have no cast

- with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" enabled or disabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from IMDB: downloads thumbs from imdb/tvdb and stores the local paths in tvshow.nfo; the episode nfos have the same cast like on imdb's page but with urls instead of local paths

No.1 and No.2 above are correct results with those settings.

No.3 has been fixed. But, I can not push any commits at this time as Codeplex Git is down...24hrs so far and counting.

So hold on till the next release and let me know if I got it right.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-22

(2016-12-22, 03:02)artistwantab Wrote: Hey just noticed something.

When I save an image from the populated images...it loses resolution.

Its drastic enough of a change and makes the images look blurred.

Check if you have the option enabled.
Save Screenshot in TVDb friendly size.. This will drop 720p screenshot to 400x225.
Disable to keep you the screenshot as per the video resolution.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-12-22

Yep.

Sorry. Noob mistake not checking the resolution preferences.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - adun79 - 2016-12-27

(2016-12-22, 03:48)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 09:23)adun79 Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 05:44)vbat99 Wrote: There was a fix for one option, that may be causing some of this grief.
Look at TV Preferences, five options above the apply button
Enable TV Show actor thumbs to be copied for Episode Actor Thumbs

I need to triple check this routine and ensure this is working correctly for all cases. I suspect I boo-boo'd when this was corrected a few versions ago.

Did some more extensive testing:

- with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" enabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from TVDB: downloads thumbs from imdb/tvdb and stores the local paths in tvshow.nfo; if the episode has guest stars, it will only store some tags for guest stars in the episode nfo, if it doesn't, it will store the paths that are in tvshow.nfo

-with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" disabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from TVDB: same thing, except it doesn't add the paths for episodes that don't have guest stars, so those episodes have no cast

- with "allow TV show thumbs to be copied for episodes" enabled or disabled and tvshow from IMDB/TVDB and episodes from IMDB: downloads thumbs from imdb/tvdb and stores the local paths in tvshow.nfo; the episode nfos have the same cast like on imdb's page but with urls instead of local paths

No.1 and No.2 above are correct results with those settings.

No.3 has been fixed. But, I can not push any commits at this time as Codeplex Git is down...24hrs so far and counting.

So hold on till the next release and let me know if I got it right.

Sounds good. Anything on option to not use comma separator for tv show and episode ratings?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-12-29

vbat99,

I can't figure this one out.

Original title sometimes gets scraped with original "letters"in NFO, and Kodi doesn't display correctly. In my collection "A separation" the original title is scraped as جدایی نادر از سیمین instead of Jodaeiye Nader az Simin.

Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-29

(2016-12-29, 03:29)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Original title sometimes gets scraped with original "letters"in NFO, and Kodi doesn't display correctly. In my collection "A separation" the original title is scraped as جدایی نادر از سیمین instead of Jodaeiye Nader az Simin.

Thanks

Can you post a link to this movie on TMDb or IMDb site please, and tell me which scraper you are using.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-12-29

(2016-12-29, 06:32)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 03:29)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Thanks

Can you post a link to this movie on TMDb or IMDb site please, and tell me which scraper you are using.
I think you answered my question

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/60243-jod-i-e-n-der-az-simin?language=en-US

Scraping from tmdb and kodi can't display

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-31

Apologies everyone. Codeplex site, which hosts Media Companion source code and builds, has been down and out of commission for over a week.

It is finally back up and accepting commits again.

So I plan a few fixes, and then will attempt to get a new release out early next week.

Happy New Year everyone. Be Safe and enjoy the celebrations.