Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Rickt1962 - 2017-11-10

(2017-04-19, 22:12)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 17:47)Rickt1962 Wrote: The Built in Kodi scarper misses half of my Music Sad

Media Manager nailed it !

WOW a 100% pefect scanned IN !!! All my music showed up on Kodi ! And is now playing Smile

One little hiccup probably my doing............ Some of the songs when you fast forward the Title of the song shows up in the upper left corner but some don't just a number.
I checked the NFO file and the artist and song title is missing what am I doing wrong ?

Hi Rickt1962

Glad Media Companion is sorting out your music videos. This is still rough, needs some more polishing and to be made prettier, but in the most it is working well.
As for nfo files missing the artist and song title, can you advise me on Folder structure and file names.
Currently MC checks for files in the root Music Video folder named as
Z:\MusicVideo\Abba - Dancing Queen.{extn}
or
Z:\MusicVideo\Abba\Dancing Queen.{extn}

If you are using track numbers in the filename, this could be causing an issue.
Let me know and I'll see what I can do to improve getting the Artist and Title from filename or Folder\filename. 
So for taken so long to getting back ! My setup is MusicVideos\Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion  Each folder has the same name as the song so not sure why Kodi is only giving me a number on the song

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-11-10

(2017-11-10, 21:28)Rickt1962 Wrote: So for taken so long to getting back ! My setup is MusicVideos\Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion  Each folder has the same name as the song so not sure why Kodi is only giving me a number on the song

Drop a couple of examples here, or go to MC's sourceforge page, create a ticket, and paste full path info.
I'd almost ask for a sample video but know these can be quite big.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-11-10

Looking at the latest release and wondered about TV - Add display of series folder path to TV Browser tab. All I'm seeing is a black box. Am i maybe missing a setting somewhere?

Is XBMC link for tv something we might see in the future? Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-11-11

(2017-11-10, 23:25)bobrap Wrote: Looking at the latest release and wondered about TV - Add display of series folder path to TV Browser tab. All I'm seeing is a black box. Am i maybe missing a setting somewhere?

So on TV, if you select a Series, it doesn't show a folder path in the new Folder section, just below IMDBId? No setting, MC gets this from the series data to display.

As for XBMC Link for TV, this was coded by a Dev that knew SQL. Unfortunately I don't know SQL, or how exactly his code works.
It may be nice to get this working for TV, but I don't know if this is something I can get working in Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-11-11

(2017-11-11, 01:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-10, 23:25)bobrap Wrote: Looking at the latest release and wondered about TV - Add display of series folder path to TV Browser tab. All I'm seeing is a black box. Am i maybe missing a setting somewhere?

So on TV, if you select a Series, it doesn't show a folder path in the new Folder section, just below IMDBId? No setting, MC gets this from the series data to display.

As for XBMC Link for TV, this was coded by a Dev that knew SQL. Unfortunately I don't know SQL, or how exactly his code works.
It may be nice to get this working for TV, but I don't know if this is something I can get working in Media Companion.  
Nothing but a black box.  Need a screenshot or other files?  Any chance of making that a little bigger?  Little narrow for a folder path maybe?
Yea, link for tv would be something nice.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-11-11

(2017-11-11, 06:29)bobrap Wrote: Nothing but a black box.  Need a screenshot or other files?  Any chance of making that a little bigger?  Little narrow for a folder path maybe?
Strange, it is showing the series path for me.
I wanted to make this bigger, like for the episode path, but I was also adding the new Tags/KeyWord field, and have limited room.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-11-11

(2017-11-11, 22:04)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-11, 06:29)bobrap Wrote: Nothing but a black box.  Need a screenshot or other files?  Any chance of making that a little bigger?  Little narrow for a folder path maybe?
I wanted to make this bigger, like for the episode path, but I was also adding the new Tags/KeyWord field, and have limited room.  
This is what  I see:

https://i.imgur.com/rQakgld.png

(2017-11-11, 22:53)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-11-11, 22:04)vbat99 Wrote:
This is what  I see:

Ha ha ha... I know what I did.
I selected a background colour, that on some systems must be black.
Paint me stupid. OK, will look into correcting that for the next release.

And from your image, I see you have MC window larger than the default. I have to set the folder box to the smallest size. But, I might be able to allow that to stretch. It'll be a pain, but I can do that...for the next release also.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-11-12

(2017-11-11, 23:54)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-11, 22:53)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-11-11, 22:04)vbat99 Wrote: Strange, it is showing the series path for me.
This is what  I see:

Ha ha ha... I know what I did.
I selected a background colour, that on some systems must be black.
Paint me stupid. OK, will look into correcting that for the next release.

And from your image, I see you have MC window larger than the default. I have to set the folder box to the smallest size. But, I might be able to allow that to stretch. It'll be a pain, but I can do that...for the next release also.
Not sure I understand the last bit.  Which window are you referring to?  I just run MC maximized.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-11-12

Sorry, it's how mediacompanion resize the panel. It'll be better in the next release

Sent from my SM-G900I

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2017-11-12

Hey,

I tried to search for these but not sure if these errors are just me.
1) Specials air before date incorrect

Specials for example:

The Blacklist - 00x05 - Behind The Blacklist: Season 4
Airs Before: 04x01
But when it scrapes, it sets it as Airs Before: Season 1 Episode 1

Supernatural - 00x02 - A Very Special Supernatural
Airs Before: 10x01

There are numerous other examples, but I manually fixed them all in my collection.

2) ' apostrophe is not allowed in title?
It would not let me save an apostrophe. But if I edited it and then refreshed from .nfo it would accept it. Until I edit anything in the episode data within Media Companion, then it would remove it again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-11-12

(2017-11-12, 16:24)MonSoon12 Wrote: Hey,

Specials for example:

There are numerous other examples, but I manually fixed them all in my collection.

It would not let me save an apostrophe. But if I edited it and then refreshed from .nfo it would accept it. Until I edit anything in the episode data within Media Companion, then it would remove it again.

I will look into both these issues. I suspect something I've forgotten with the change to TVDB API V2.

As for the Apostrophe, not sure why this would be not allowed. Will look and see if/why this is occurring.

(2017-11-12, 19:33)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-12, 16:24)MonSoon12 Wrote: Hey,

Specials for example:

I will look into both these issues. I suspect something I've forgotten with the change to TVDB API V2.

As for the Apostrophe, not sure why this would be not allowed. Will look and see if/why this is occurring.

Found and fixed both of these issues. Will be in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2017-11-14

Great thank you so very much for fixing them so quickly!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-11-17

New Release.
Media Companion 3.687b
**Few new options and Bug Fixes**
New Feature from MC 3.685b: - Select TV root folder to scrape series from TheMovieDB.
Check readme in MC 3.685b folder for more information.

New:
  • TV - Add to Fanart tab, get Fanart from TMDb.
  • TV - Add to Poster tab, get Posters from TMDb.
  • TV - Addition of TMDb Episode Thumbs download tab.

Fixed:
  • TV - Form tweak, correct Folder box back color, Allow folder box to stretch.
  • TV - Fix display season after for specials.
  • TV - Fix saving Apostrophie in episode title.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.687b x86 & x64

Revision History