Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - gibxxi - 2013-01-23

Enjoy your playtime, and thanks for your hard work up till now. Smile

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - DiMag - 2013-01-23

I am reposting this from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53640&pid=1308586#pid1308586 as instructed by fma965. In so doing, I am also trying to clarify several points which apparently were obscure in the original post.

Re-posted:
In recent versions, MC seems to have gone into regress:
  • TV shows scrape but episodes do not. (The program says good bye.)

• The laudable Home Movies new feature has dropped the option to edit (put text into) the plot tag. As this is the only tag where content related info can be placed, this omission renders the feature 1/3 useless.

• Window frames have become so small as to render them useless (among the affected: TV folders browser window frame, Home Movies browser window frame).

In response to fma965's exclamation "i don't even understand what you mean... please explain...folders browser windows are always like that its part of visual studio", I clarify that I am refering to the text-filling frames in VB/VS forms. Surely it is an ergonomically unacceptable design to reduce the x-axis of such a frame to less than one should reasonably expect to be the path length, and the y-axis to no more than three lines, thus making it unable to accommodate more than three single titles (for the rest, good scrolling). Yet this is exactly what MC did in later editions, and given that it used to have a better design it is not unreasonable to ask for this to be corrected.

What is wrong, what is wrong?

Has the effort to bring MC into line with Frodo derailed the program?

I am using 3.5.2.1b, and have set it up to Frodo only compatibility mode.

Re-posted /

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-23

[*] TV shows scrape but episodes do not. (The program says good bye.)
Steps that this happens on?
[*] The laudable Home Movies new feature has dropped the option to edit (put text into) the plot tag. As this is the only tag where content related info can be placed, this omission renders the feature 1/3 useless.
seems like a bug, thanks for report
[*] Window frames have become so small as to render them useless (among the affected: TV folders browser window frame, Home Movies browser window frame).
Do you mean textboxes? can you send a screenshot.
In response to fma965's exclamation "i don't even understand what you mean... please explain...folders browser windows are always like that its part of visual studio", I clarify that I am refering to the text-filling frames in VB/VS forms. Surely it is an ergonomically unacceptable design to reduce the x-axis of such a frame to less than one should reasonably expect to be the path length, and the y-axis to no more than three lines, thus making it unable to accommodate more than three single titles (for the rest, good scrolling). Yet this is exactly what MC did in later editions, and given that it used to have a better design it is not unreasonable to ask for this to be corrected.

My comments are in RED

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - DiMag - 2013-01-23

• Episode scraping. As soon as the TV show is scrapped and appears on the main screen, and the command scrape episodes is issued. Note that episodes are named correctly, indeed a parallel test with EMM-r succeeds in scraping.

• Textboxes so small to be a hindrance. (Thank you, I had forgotten the correct name.) Here you have the screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/LL4WWW7.jpg):

(I did not know how to upload to xbmc forum---if it is possbile---, so I uploaded on i.mgur.com.)

As you observe, there is room for only two files. In my source folder there was an additional third file, which however did not show in the textbox. Yet there is space for at least 30 files in the window.

P.S. There would have been place for the third---just the third---file in the textbox, however it is a .webm file and MC does not recognize the format. Well, it should by now; developers please take notice.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 14:51)gibxxi Wrote: Don't remember seeing it before (in the v3.5.2.1b release). But there are a lot of little things that have caused errors in Media Companion for me.

I'm not saying the program is riddled with bugs, because i'm quite certain 50% off the issues i'm getting are due to my setup. But like I say, not experienced this issue before.

As per your last post, that might be the reason. Posters are downloading fine, it just fanarts that are experiencing issues.

While i'm here, i also noticed (with the option set) fanart is downloaded to the folder "extrathumbs", whereas Artwork downloader uses a folder called "extrafanart". Am I right in assuming these two variations are the same thing done differently? Most of the skins i've used use the "extrafanart" folder for extra images, so not sure if using Media Companion will work with this setup or conflict with Artwork Downloader. I'm only really concerned about using Media Companion for ensuring the main movie/tv poster and backdrop are downloaded. For everything else, I can use Artwork Downloader (Disk, Clearlogo, extrafanart, etc).
...and Media Companion for filling in the gaps in metadata left by built-in scrapers, obviously.

Currently fma965 is working on the TV shows side of MC for Frodo support.

The issue you are experiencing is in the Movie side. I'll checkout the "extrathumbs" or "extrafanart" folder, see which is relevant, but this was an area HueyHQ worked on a while ago.

Also, yes, The Movie DB site is having problems, and crashes are occuring in Media Companion, all versions.

Dev, AnotherPhil is working on Frodo compatability, but he is currently enjoying some vacation time, so please be patience.

(2013-01-23, 16:23)DiMag Wrote:

I am reposting this from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53640&pid=1308586#pid1308586 as instructed by fma965. In so doing, I am also trying to clarify several points which apparently were obscure in the original post.

Re-posted:
In recent versions, MC seems to have gone into regress:
  • TV shows scrape but episodes do not. (The program says good bye.)

• The laudable Home Movies new feature has dropped the option to edit (put text into) the plot tag. As this is the only tag where content related info can be placed, this omission renders the feature 1/3 useless.

• Window frames have become so small as to render them useless (among the affected: TV folders browser window frame, Home Movies browser window frame).

What is wrong, what is wrong?

Has the effort to bring MC into line with Frodo derailed the program?

I am using 3.5.2.1b, and have set it up to Frodo only compatibility mode.

Re-posted /
Gidday DiMag

I see fma965 has replied to a couple of your issues, but, first, could you test with the latest Frodo Alpha from this link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129134&pid=1306764#pid1306764. This is the lastest Frodo Alpha. Version 3.5.2.1b while had Frodo option, didn't have the code in place. Till these alpha's.

Secondly, Homemovies function was introduced by the original developer, Billy, but since this was added, Billy hasn't been available to support the functionality. Once the Latest Frodo code is smoothed out, I suspect bug fixes will be next to sort.

Thirdly, It's been mentioned that editing on different computers, different software, can alter the windows GUI, causing to issue as found in MC of Late, (biggest is the individual list of TV Shows being quite narrow). These glitches will be sorted, but as said above, Frodo functionality is higher on the cards right now.

Please be patient.Nod

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 07:59)strikervi Wrote: ok , quick bug ( i think) ALPHA 5

storage wars.
they were initially as s03e23 etc.
when right clicked on show title 'search this show for new episodes'
it found all 4, and scraped the nfo and the -thumb.

refreshed all shows ( as i do ) and then went back to the same show, and chose rename episodes ,
the nfo and the video file names get changed, but the thumb does not (Storage Wars - S03E23 - Jurassic Bark)

quick test with the current (3.5.2.1b )version ( it makes tmb files tho ) and the files names get updated. ( the pop up log reflects those actions )

Yep, this is a bug, but easiest option would be to rename the episode as it is being scraped. That's how I do it and haven't a issue. BUT, it should also work the way you are doing it. Thanks for the find.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 19:35)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 07:59)strikervi Wrote: ok , quick bug ( i think) ALPHA 5

storage wars.
they were initially as s03e23 etc.
when right clicked on show title 'search this show for new episodes'
it found all 4, and scraped the nfo and the -thumb.

refreshed all shows ( as i do ) and then went back to the same show, and chose rename episodes ,
the nfo and the video file names get changed, but the thumb does not (Storage Wars - S03E23 - Jurassic Bark)

quick test with the current (3.5.2.1b )version ( it makes tmb files tho ) and the files names get updated. ( the pop up log reflects those actions )

Yep, this is a bug, but easiest option would be to rename the episode as it is being scraped. That's how I do it and haven't a issue. BUT, it should also work the way you are doing it. Thanks for the find.

yeah well like i said im busy playing with my zealz gk802 currently, no devlopement from me today but does't mean the other developers won't be developing Smile

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - HueyHq - 2013-01-23

I will fix what I can today, then make a release available that incorporates all the good work by fma965.

@DiMag: I haven't even looked at the Home Movies functionality, but I can make the box bigger and add .webm at a media source easily enough. Got a lot to get thru today so please bear with me!

@strikervi: I think I'll leave the artwork stuff to fma965 for when he returns!

(2013-01-23, 23:05)HueyHq Wrote: I will fix what I can today, then make a release available that incorporates all the good work by fma965.

@DiMag: I haven't even looked at the Home Movies functionality, but I can make the box bigger and add .webm at a media source easily enough. Got a lot to get thru today so please bear with me!

@strikervi: I think I'll leave the artwork stuff to fma965 for when he returns!

Smile hopefully you fix that bug and some others which are not a result of my work Tongue.

The artwork issue from strikervi is easy to fix so will fix that when i get some time.

this is helpful Sad

EDIT: meh working now Smile

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-24

Good news, i fixed the season-all-banner/poster.jpg bug Smile

pushing changes to main branch, already rebased it from latest changes.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-24

http://puu.sh/1S1Jh < latest binary

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-24

Gidday Scott

pulled the latest changes from codeplex and build in visual basic. Results as follows:

Crash when trying to change Poster for TV Show, no matter if main or season
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Button56_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\MC Software\MC\Forms\Form1\Form1.vb:line 10483
Crash change banner, main or season
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Button56_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\MC Software\MC\Forms\Form1\Form1.vb:line 10483

No longer scraping fanart or poster when Pre-Frodo selected. Note: Main fanart or poster

Frodo and Onwards and Fanart is scraped, but no poster or banner (Main poster or banner)
Season poster and banner are scraped correctly.

Important
Episode image not saving correctly, ie:
S01E01 - Pilot.avi
S01E01 -thumb.jpg

episode thumb was working before.

(2013-01-24, 20:33)vbat99 Wrote: Gidday Scott

pulled the latest changes from codeplex and build in visual basic. Results as follows:

Crash when trying to change Poster for TV Show, no matter if main or season
Code:
Crash change banner, main or season
Code:

No longer scraping fanart or poster when Pre-Frodo selected. Note: Main fanart or poster

Frodo and Onwards and Fanart is scraped, but no poster or banner (Main poster or banner)
Season poster and banner are scraped correctly.

Important
Episode image not saving correctly, ie:
S01E01 - Pilot.avi
S01E01 -thumb.jpg

episode thumb was working before.

hmm well thats odd i tested it quickly and it worked fine Sad

EDIT: stupid typos.

ok would recommend reverting back the changes for now as i haven't got time to fix it currently

EDIT: the first 2 errors are they on the POSTERS tab? if so thats not even been implemented yet.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 20:35)fma965 Wrote: hmm well thats odd i tested it quickly and it worked fine Sad

ok would recommend reverting back the changes for now as i haven't got time to fix it currently

EDIT: the first 2 errors are they on the POSTERS tab? if so thats not even been implemented yet.

Yes, first two errors were when I wanted to select different poster or different banner. I thought this was working at one stage. Kinda important to not have this one broken, as it's broken for pre and post Frodo options.

(2013-01-24, 21:59)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 20:35)fma965 Wrote: hmm well thats odd i tested it quickly and it worked fine Sad

Yes, first two errors were when I wanted to select different poster or different banner. I thought this was working at one stage. Kinda important to not have this one broken, as it's broken for pre and post Frodo options.

yeah i ran out of time when i was working on that bit last so it was never finished, the display of images works but the changing doesn't,... got a few hours free now so will get some stuff working hopefully,

could you give me a list of the bugs with a small description on how they appeared, like clicked button a and then pressed scan and then ERROR or something Smile

in developer words, how to recreate it Smile