Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - robkody - 2018-09-08

(2018-09-08, 18:50)bobrap Wrote: I believe you're going to be out of luck.  MC is going to look for the title of the movie first, hence, your 'title.year.[genre][aspect][source].mkv' should work fine.  Starting the file name with the set name should not yield any results.  Rename or separate folders might be your only option.
 OK, Thanks.  Is there no way to cause MC to pause during each import, allowing for corrections/confirmation?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-09-08

(2018-09-08, 19:51)robkody Wrote:
(2018-09-08, 18:50)bobrap Wrote: I believe you're going to be out of luck.  MC is going to look for the title of the movie first, hence, your 'title.year.[genre][aspect][source].mkv' should work fine.  Starting the file name with the set name should not yield any results.  Rename or separate folders might be your only option.
 OK, Thanks.  Is there no way to cause MC to pause during each import, allowing for corrections/confirmation? 
Not to my knowledge.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-08

(2018-09-08, 14:11)Edworld Wrote: Thanks for the update

On the scraper tab, if you want to scrape with imdb a dropdown of imdb mirror shows up but I am unable to select any of the options.

thanks again

Do you mean the List of 'Preferred IMDb Mirror' under Movies -> Scraper tab and when you have TMDb XBMC scraper un-selected?
I am not seeing this issue, can happily select italian.imdb.com, or uk.imdb.com etc and it sticks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-08

(2018-09-08, 15:08)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for the new release.  A couple little things I found.  Two places in movies section, the selection doesn't appear persistent.  Don't know if it's just cosmetic or not.  If I select download movie set art from TMDb, when I restart mc, neither selection is highlighted.  Same for Renaming/naming.  Ignore article section, if I select same as common settings, it doesn't show selected on restart.
Those two options are Radiobuttons and are a bit of a pain. I'll look into it and try and get it corrected.
Quote:If the intent for adding folders to movie sets is to keep inline with Artwork Beef, the naming conventions do not match.  You seem to follow the wiki and start image numbers at 0.  He likes starting with 1. 
Yes, the extrafanart numbering is per the Wiki. There is not set method of this naming as it is still in discussion. The Dev of ArtworkBeef should be following the wiki unless consensus changes, and I have posted this on their thread, but didn't get a decent reply. So sticking with what is mentioned in the Wiki is my best option at present.
Also of contention is the quantity of these extra artwork image. If over 10 image then numbering should be extrafanart00 to whatever number. This keeps the order of images correct. Else if numbering in format of 0-9 then 10 - xx, in explorer you will see
extrafanart0
extrafanart1
extrafanart10
extrafanart11
|||||||||||
extrafanart20
extrafanart2
extrafanart21

so discussion on these issues are still being considered by Kodi.
Quote:Movie set name is not included in the file name, ex. poster1 vs. 28 Days_Weeks Later Collection-poster.jpg.  Would be nice to have a Kodi standard Smile .  That's it for now.  Gonna try playing with the new artwork downloading and hope fanart-tv and TMDb play nice.  Thanks again.
You mean Movie Set folder within Central movie set artwork folder?? Please give example to what does not match.
Or <moviesetname>- in front of poster within the collection folder
or <moviesetname>-in Central folder within movie set folder?

Please let me know.

(2018-09-08, 18:18)robkody Wrote: Hi,

How do I import movies with naming convention: 'set.year.title.[genre][aspect][source].mkv'.  Movies with naming convention: 'title.year.[genre][aspect][source].mkv' seem to work fine importing. 

I have all my movies in one dir,  using their names to signify collections or sequels.  ex.  '007.1962.Dr.No' and '007.1963.From.Russia.with.Love', or 'A.Fish.Called.Wanda.1988' and 'A.Fish.Called.Wanda.1997.Fierce.Creatures'.  These are not being imported properly by MC and I cannot figure out how to fix this issue without renaming my files, or worse yet, putting them into subdirs.

Movie title must be first with the Year afterwards (preferrably the year as (1692), bracketed)
A.Fish.Called.Wanda.1988 scraped correctly first attempt.
A.Fish.Called.Wanda.1997.Fierce.Creatures is not correct. This movie is called Fierce Creatures, and is not of a collection called 'A Fish Called Wanda' Therefore, the movie is not found due to the name being behind the year.

See Media Companion Wiki Best Pratices

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-09-08

(2018-09-08, 21:45)vbat99 Wrote: 0-9

0-9 system was not made by fun from TeamKodi many years ago.
Only then can the code in the skin can remain strictly integer and still have 10 pieces of fanarts. It is meant to show the fanarts chronologically in the skin and Kodi supports that as well.

But if you now name the fanarts 1-10, Kodi's Integer is totally for crap.
Because instead
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 = 10
you get the order
1,10,2,3,4,5,6,7,9 = 10

Actually, that should be logical.

(2018-09-08, 19:51)robkody Wrote:

Unfortunately no. This was never planned and not able to be incorporated due to background threads and other issues.

My recommendation is to unselect auto-renaming during scraping of Movies.
This way if a movie mis-scrapes, you can use the Change Movie tab to select the correct movie.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-09-08

(2018-09-08, 21:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-09-08, 15:08)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for the new release.  A couple little things I found.  Two places in movies section, the selection doesn't appear persistent.  Don't know if it's just cosmetic or not.  If I select download movie set art from TMDb, when I restart mc, neither selection is highlighted.  Same for Renaming/naming.  Ignore article section, if I select same as common settings, it doesn't show selected on restart.
Those two options are Radiobuttons and are a bit of a pain. I'll look into it and try and get it corrected.
Quote:If the intent for adding folders to movie sets is to keep inline with Artwork Beef, the naming conventions do not match.  You seem to follow the wiki and start image numbers at 0.  He likes starting with 1. 
Yes, the extrafanart numbering is per the Wiki. There is not set method of this naming as it is still in discussion. The Dev of ArtworkBeef should be following the wiki unless consensus changes, and I have posted this on their thread, but didn't get a decent reply. So sticking with what is mentioned in the Wiki is my best option at present.
Also of contention is the quantity of these extra artwork image. If over 10 image then numbering should be extrafanart00 to whatever number. This keeps the order of images correct. Else if numbering in format of 0-9 then 10 - xx, in explorer you will see
extrafanart0
extrafanart1
extrafanart10
extrafanart11
|||||||||||
extrafanart20
extrafanart2
extrafanart21

so discussion on these issues are still being considered by Kodi.
[quote
Movie set name is not included in the file name, ex. poster1 vs. 28 Days_Weeks Later Collection-poster.jpg.  Would be nice to have a Kodi standard Smile .  That's it for now.  Gonna try playing with the new artwork downloading and hope fanart-tv and TMDb play nice.  Thanks again. 
 You mean Movie Set folder within Central movie set artwork folder?? Please give example to what does not match.
Or <moviesetname>- in front of poster within the collection folder
or <moviesetname>-in Central folder within movie set folder?

Please let me know.
[/quote]
I totally agree with your fanart numbering fanart01 instead of fanart1 per the wiki.  That's what it's there for, yes?

Movieset artwork is saved as "?:\Sets\300 Collection\300 Collection-poster.jpg" by MC and "?:\Sets\300 Collection\poster1" by AB.  Am I explaining this OK?  And this is using central folder for artwork

Also having a few apostrophe problems in episode names.  Just an fyi.

On the radio buttons, I was interested in knowing if the setting is persistent after a restart or does it always select the default.  Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-09

(2018-09-08, 21:25)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-09-08, 14:11)Edworld Wrote: Thanks for the update

On the scraper tab, if you want to scrape with imdb a dropdown of imdb mirror shows up but I am unable to select any of the options.

thanks again

Do you mean the List of 'Preferred IMDb Mirror' under Movies -> Scraper tab and when you have TMDb XBMC scraper un-selected?
I am not seeing this issue, can happily select italian.imdb.com, or uk.imdb.com etc and it sticks. 
you are right, must have been something I was doing wrong

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-09

So it's selectable now? And sticks?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-09

(2018-09-09, 00:44)vbat99 Wrote: So it's selectable now? And sticks?
 Yes.

I am trying to update all my movies ratings and votes and get the following error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl, Int32 isSingle)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-09

(2018-09-09, 00:47)Edworld Wrote:
(2018-09-09, 00:44)vbat99 Wrote: So it's selectable now? And sticks?
 Yes.

I am trying to update all my movies ratings and votes and get the following error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl, Int32 isSingle)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Which rescrape option(s) did you select.

Can you test and narrow down which one or ones it may be please.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-09

(2018-09-08, 23:22)bobrap Wrote: I totally agree with your fanart numbering fanart01 instead of fanart1 per the wiki.  That's what it's there for, yes?

Movieset artwork is saved as "?:\Sets\300 Collection\300 Collection-poster.jpg" by MC and "?:\Sets\300 Collection\poster1" by AB.  Am I explaining this OK?  And this is using central folder for artwork

On the radio buttons, I was interested in knowing if the setting is persistent after a restart or does it always select the default.  Thanks

yep, (grumbly) annoying at this time till they set how the extrafanart/extrathumbs should work naming wise.

OK, I'll add the option to save into central collection folder / collection title / poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, clearart.png etc instead of <moviesetname>-(artworktype)

The options should be persistent, but as I shuffled some options around, I found there were in the end four radio buttons in the one groupbox, and only one could be selected at a time.
Thought I'd gotten around this, but nope.

I am using the batch rescraper wizard and selecting all 4 ratings.

After the error I started selecting 20-30 movies at a time and the error did not occur, I then selected drive by drive and no errors either. My guess is that it happened after scraping a number of movies probably over 300. I can't reproduce the error...

edit:

It appears that the issue is with a concert: <tmdbid>275714</tmdbid>

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-09-09

(2018-09-09, 01:38)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-09-08, 23:22)bobrap Wrote: I totally agree with your fanart numbering fanart01 instead of fanart1 per the wiki.  That's what it's there for, yes?

yep, (grumbly) annoying at this time till they set how the extrafanart/extrathumbs should work naming wise.

OK, I'll add the option to save into central collection folder / collection title / poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, clearart.png etc instead of <moviesetname>-(artworktype)

The options should be persistent, but as I shuffled some options around, I found there were in the end four radio buttons in the one groupbox, and only one could be selected at a time.
Thought I'd gotten around this, but nope. 
Thanks, Rob.  Not bothered that I can't see the radio buttons selected.  Just want to keep my settings.  Just a thought on the central folder naming.  He adds a 1 after the file name (fanart1).  I think that's because he has an option to download multiple posters, fanarts, etc, if desired. 

Any idea on the apostrophe hiccup in episode names?  Appreciate what you do and you patience.