Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-10

(2018-09-09, 22:49)MANswers Wrote: Not sure, but currently MC is not downloading all the artwork found on fanart tv for several movies sets, it definately is downloading the poster and the fanart, and does download a few artwork such as logos, discs etc here and there, but for several movies its not downloading the disc's and clearlogo even though they are present in fanart.tv movie set collections.

These are my settings...

What do i need to change or edit?

This may be a language issue, I'll look into it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-10

(2018-09-09, 22:51)bobrap Wrote: Is there a setting in 18 that could prevent drag and drop?  Doesn't work for me in 18 but does in 17.

Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. Just tested 3.718 x86 and x64 releases, and drag'n'drop a Root movie folder, then same for a Root TV Folder.
Both worked for me.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-10

Anyone having issues with fanart.tv tab?

I can read on the bottom left that it is downloading images (movies), but it is not displaying any images and does not save even if you select one.

thanks

(2018-09-09, 01:45)Edworld Wrote: I am using the batch rescraper wizard and selecting all 4 ratings.

After the error I started selecting 20-30 movies at a time and the error did not occur, I then selected drive by drive and no errors either. My guess is that it happened after scraping a number of movies probably over 300. I can't reproduce the error...

edit:

It appears that the issue is with a concert: <tmdbid>275714</tmdbid>

Thanks for that. bug found and fixed. That concert does not have an IMDb Id, but the error will now caught correctly in MC.

(2018-09-09, 14:37)bobrap Wrote: Just episode titles and some plots. 

Warren's Dream

...and the rest of our heroes either dead or fighting for their lives against unkillable "MAD-Z's" caused by an evolving Zombie Virus.

Need anything else?
All those should be fixed in the next release.

(2018-09-09, 18:34)bsoriano Wrote: @vbat99 ,

I think I found an issue with movie set artwork when the collection name has an & in it.  Yesterday I ran the batch rescrape wizard to update the tmdb set info and tmdb set name, as well as download missing tmdb set artwork.  I do have the movie set artwork in a central folder, and I enabled the MC option to have collection folders within this central folder.

The issue is that for all the movie sets that have a & in the name, MC created multiple folders, with the same artwork.  For example, for the "Wallace & Gromit Collection", MC created 3 folders:

S:\Movie Sets Artwork\Wallace &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Gromit Collection
S:\Movie Sets Artwork\Wallace &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Gromit Collection
S:\Movie Sets Artwork\Wallace &amp;amp;amp;amp; Gromit Collection

I have all 4 movies in this collection, and when I looked at the updated NFOs, each had the correct setid from tmdb (529), the correct set name "Wallace &amp; Gromit Collection"

For all other sets that have an & in the name, MC also created multiple folders.  Any idea what might be happening here?

Thank you so much for your work on MC.

Regards,

Bart

Ok, so after extensive testing, I'm not getting these results.
Tested with scraping, rescraping specific, and batch rescrape.
Only getting the one collection folder within the Central folder labelled Wallace & Gromit Collection

(2018-09-09, 22:49)MANswers Wrote: Not sure, but currently MC is not downloading all the artwork found on fanart tv for several movies sets, it definately is downloading the poster and the fanart, and does download a few artwork such as logos, discs etc here and there, but for several movies its not downloading the disc's and clearlogo even though they are present in fanart.tv movie set collections.

These are my settings...

Can you give me example movie sets, and your selected language for scraping please.

(2018-09-10, 02:23)Edworld Wrote: Anyone having issues with fanart.tv tab?

I can read on the bottom left that it is downloading images (movies), but it is not displaying any images and does not save even if you select one.

thanks

Noticed something odd going on, it seems it is taking a long time to download the preview images.
Maybe they have done some API changes.

Will investigate and let you know.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2018-09-10

Someone else reported an issue with fanart.tv a little while ago... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335398

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-09-10

(2018-09-10, 02:23)Edworld Wrote: Anyone having issues with fanart.tv tab?

thanks

Yes on my side was the same problem.

It is not due to MC but to the API Connection to fanart.tv
On some days it runs very slowly or not at all, and sometimes wonderful. I think it always depends on the capacity of the fanart.tv server.

The Fanart.tv servers cost more than they can restore through donations.

@vbat99 
Any intensive Fanart.tv user will have their own API anyway.
I'm technically under-resourced, but do you think it would make a difference if you use your own Fanart.tv API in MC?
Would it be less failure or would it generally be faster?

In general, fanart.tv often has more API accesses than the infrastructure actually envisages.
https://fanart.tv/2016/10/big-increase-traffic-way/

As far as I know, users who have an account/own API or are VIP member or Donator are ranked in API traffic. It could also relieve the public API something if you use your own.

I know technically too little about whether it makes sense to use your own API and if it would also really benefit fanart.tv if the public API is relieved. Maybe you know more about it.

Yes I can add option for users fanart.tv API Key into Media Companion. Will make it happen for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-09-10

(2018-09-10, 20:27)vbat99 Wrote: Yes I can add option for users fanart.tv API Key into Media Companion. Will make it happen for the next release.

really awsome!

TMDB API - checkmarked
OMDB API - checkmarked
FANART.TV API - soon checkmarked
Niiiiiice

With a private IMDB API & TVDB API, I would not have seen any additional benefit yet, as the public API always ran very well without any problems.
Although I own both but that was only for the use of ArtworkDownloader, because there were very often API problems. Meanwhile the add-on is outdated.
___

I am also looking forward to testing the Addidional Ratings for TvShows.
When I showed my friends the ratings overflash in the movies, they fell from all socks. And all without any additional addons or scripts. Changing the spelling in the skin from "9.1" to "91%" was also very easy for me as a .xml layman.

really nice

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2018-09-10

(2018-09-10, 12:07)vbat99 Wrote:

These are my settings...

ImageImage

Can you give me example movie sets, and your selected language for scraping please. 
 Hi Vbat, thanks for getting back to me on this.

There are several movie sets where the scraper did not pick up the clearlogo and other artwork.. here are some of them..

[REC]
Aliens
Back to the Future
Bad boys
AVP Collection
The Asterix Collection
Blade Runner Collection

Ofcourse there is a lot more, but i am just naming a few here.
However please note, it did download for a lot of other movie sets.. its like 50-50% and yes these are famous movies that were not picked up.

The language is set as follows.

Also, what do i need to disable to avoid these errors.. due to these errors they take a lot of time to process scraping individual movies.. though i have a fast internet connection and system.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-11

(2018-09-10, 21:44)chrissix Wrote:
(2018-09-10, 20:27)vbat99 Wrote: Yes I can add option for users fanart.tv API Key into Media Companion. Will make it happen for the next release.

I am also looking forward to testing the Addidional Ratings for TvShows.
When I showed my friends the ratings overflash in the movies, they fell from all socks. And all without any additional addons or scripts. Changing the spelling in the skin from "9.1" to "91%" was also very easy for me as a .xml layman.

really nice 
Sorry for the off topic, but do you mind sharing your xml files that makes this possible. I tried modifying on my own, but couldn't get it to work.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-09-11

(2018-09-10, 22:23)MANswers Wrote: Also, what do i need to disable to avoid these errors..

It's still a little way for you to go until you can re/scrape smooth. Much less moviesets

- On my side the .nfo's are very clear and set artwork is not quite round yet, it's the very first version that can do that and it still needs a bit of fine tuning, give some time.
- You are using the central folder system, which is also completely new, give some time.
- but much more important what I have seen in samples of your .nfo's, which are still very dirty, there would be synonymous errors on my side. Some .nfo's are not assigned to a movie at all or have missing id's (TMDB/TMDB sets)
Before getting good results in MovieSet Artwork scraping, Collection Data in movie .nfo's needs to be 100% accurate in the movies.