Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2018-09-11

(2018-09-11, 00:36)chrissix Wrote:
(2018-09-10, 22:23)MANswers Wrote: Also, what do i need to disable to avoid these errors..

It's still a little way for you to go until you can re/scrape smooth. Much less moviesets

- On my side the .nfo's are very clear and set artwork is not quite round yet, it's the very first version that can do that and it still needs a bit of fine tuning, give some time.
- You are using the central folder system, which is also completely new, give some time.
- but much more important what I have seen in samples of your .nfo's, which are still very dirty, there would be synonymous errors on my side. Some .nfo's are not assigned to a movie at all or have missing id's (TMDB/TMDB sets)
Before getting good results in MovieSet Artwork scraping, Collection Data in movie .nfo's needs to be 100% accurate in the movies. 
I agree wtih you on the new version part. I am in no hurry, just wanted to mention the issue i have faced while scraping.

But no, i am not scraping the movie folder that has "some" dirty nfo's. These are the clean ones, and the proper poster and fanart is getting downloaded for a movie set, but just not the clear logo's and other artwork. Again its like 50-50.
I will watch this space.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2018-09-11

Just wanted to report back. I did not change anything, and rescraped the movie set artwork.. and looks like its working perfectly fine now. I was able to download artwork for almost every single movie set in my library. Cheers Vbatt. a donation is on the way.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-11

Yes I figure it must have been something with fanart.tv itself as a few people have had issues maybe server overloading glad you got it sorted

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-11

(2018-09-10, 22:23)MANswers Wrote: Also, what do i need to disable to avoid these errors.. due to these errors they take a lot of time to process scraping individual movies.. though i have a fast internet connection and system.

Well, that seems to be an error when getting the video stream information. What is displayed if you select the movie and click on the File Detail tab?
Might give an indication of what is happening.
Also, remind me, what OS are you running?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - echo - 2018-09-11

Hi, first of all a big THANK YOU for continued work on the program, it's invaluable.

Bug report: For movies (not tested TV) there is an issue scraping director and writer (ie these fields are left blank) if there are multiple directors in the source. An example movie is "Game Night (2018)".
Also, sometimes the writers field is left blank but havent figured out the pattern that causes it - example movies where this has happened (and rescrape does not fix it): "In The Line Of Fire (1993)", "A Perfect World (1993)".

Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-11

(2018-09-11, 17:22)echo Wrote: Hi, first of all a big THANK YOU for continued work on the program, it's invaluable.

Bug report: For movies (not tested TV) there is an issue scraping director and writer (ie these fields are left blank) if there are multiple directors in the source. An example movie is "Game Night (2018)".
Also, sometimes the writers field is left blank but havent figured out the pattern that causes it - example movies where this has happened (and rescrape does not fix it): "In The Line Of Fire (1993)", "A Perfect World (1993)".

Thanks!

Thanks for those examples. I will look into it as to why they are blank. And yes, some movies are affected, others are not.
As for Directors, MC will only pick the first director (of course, once I fix the Blank return), else it plays havoc with the directors filter.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-12

vbat99,

possible rotten tomato bug.

movie is 3 idiots with a rating of 100%, it scrapes 0.0. I understand that it is possible that omdbapi has the wrong rating, but have no way of checking...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2018-09-12

Vbat, is there an option to allow MC keep scraping movies even if an error is found in the movie catalog. Right now MC will throw an error with the pop up and completely stop at the point where it finds and error with the foldername, or a movie its not able to find metadata for.
For eg:- If i am only scraping metascore or rotten tomato ratings, and if there is a movie in the folder that is a bonus video or extra's it MC will pause, and ignore all the other movies as per alphabetical order after that error.
I was wondering, if you can add an option like a checkbox to allow mc keep scraping movies if it encounters an error, and then show the errored movies in the final report marked in red text. This way we can take action on all those unscraped movies after all the other movies are done scraping.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2018-09-12

(2018-09-12, 02:38)Edworld Wrote: bat99,

movie is 3 idiots with a rating of 100%, it scrapes 0.0. I understand that it is possible that omdbapi has the wrong rating, but have no way of checking...
Do you get a different result compared to mine?

deleted

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-12

(2018-09-12, 02:38)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

He he, oops, that may be how I've got the code to change from 89% to 8.9. I'll look into a fix for that.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-12

(2018-09-12, 02:39)MANswers Wrote: Vbat, is there an option to allow MC keep scraping movies even if an error is found in the movie catalog. Right now MC will throw an error with the pop up and completely stop at the point where it finds and error with the foldername, or a movie its not able to find metadata for.
For eg:- If i am only scraping metascore or rotten tomato ratings, and if there is a movie in the folder that is a bonus video or extra's it MC will pause, and ignore all the other movies as per alphabetical order after that error.
I was wondering, if you can add an option like a checkbox to allow mc keep scraping movies if it encounters an error, and then show the errored movies in the final report marked in red text. This way we can take action on all those unscraped movies after all the other movies are done scraping.

Unfortunately, if the bug crashes MC then it doesn't know how to continue. I need to know what the crash is, or to be able to reproduce it, then I can code a fix for all to benefit.

Can you post up the error/crash message please. Also, can you post up the file or nfo, or both of the video MC is crashing on.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-09-12

(2018-09-12, 02:44)vbat99 Wrote: movie is 3 idiots with a rating of 100%, it scrapes 0.0. I understand that it is possible that omdbapi has the wrong rating, but have no way of checking...

very interesting!

I have now looked at all 100% RT in my database:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_with_a_100%25_rating_on_Rotten_Tomatoes

0.0 everywhere.
The strange thing is, the data about SkinHelper is correct, even though the data comes also from the OMDB API.

For films that really have a rating of 0.0, there is also a problem.
Although there are votes, that means the movie has really a 0.0,
Kodi interprets it as having no data (the votes are ignored)
Kodi internal issue ...

EDIT: Kodi wants the spelling "10.0" not "10" to accept the rating.

(2018-09-11, 17:22)echo Wrote: Hi, first of all a big THANK YOU for continued work on the program, it's invaluable.

Thanks!

Found the issues, and a fix is in place for the next release. (also will allow multiple directors...yay)

Rotten Tomato Fix in place for the next release if rating is 100%, will return 10.0.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-13

vbat99,

Once you are done redoing votes and ratings for tvshows, will we be able to scrape all the ratings available for movies + tvdb if they are available?

Thanks