Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-19

I think settings for omdbapi should be a global setting since you can scrape movies and tvshows

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-20

(2018-09-19, 14:04)Edworld Wrote: I think settings for omdbapi should be a global setting since you can scrape movies and tvshows

I'm thinking I need to remove that from the Common tab, and incorporate that into the Movie Preferences.
Also the option for getting the IMDb Id should be allocated to the IMDb Scraper section of Scraper Tab.

That seems more logical as some users may only want Movies with RottenTomato, but not for TV series or Episodes.

And doing away with OMDB IMDB ratings, as MC gets that direct from IMDb with immediate data, not out of date data.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-21

New Release.
Media Companion 3.720b

A Few more Bug Fixes.

Just to re-iterate the previous releases big additions:
Quote:Specifically, the use of OMDBApi to retrieve the Rotten Tomato Audience and Critic ratings.
To enable Rotten Tomato retrieval, users of Media Companion will need to obtain their own OMDbAPI Key. Why you ask. Well, OMDBApi key has limitation if you have the free key (1000 api calls daily), else users can pay for more api calls depending on their requirements. See http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx for more details (follow **Become a Patron** for extra options)

Also, much more work has been completed on fanart.tv artwork, naming of this artwork, and retrieval of images for Movies and also Movie Collections.
I have added a field that users can add their own client Key from Fanart.TV. Again, why? you ask?? Fanart.TV has a Project key (already installed in Media Companion), and allows for Client keys (or user keys). If both are used, then Fanart.Tv offers earlier access to newer images. This is best explained on their blog at https://fanart.tv/2015/01/personal-api-keys/

Collection artwork has had an overhaul, with options to save to a Central Folder, Central Folder with Collection sub-folder, and also naming as <moviesetname>-arttype.
Collection artwork present is now shown in the ExtraArtwork listbox.....as well as the presence of Animated poster or Animated fanart images.

Animated Poster or Fanart needs to be named as <moviename>-animatedposter.gif etc, or <moviesetname>-animatedfanart.gif for Media Companion to identify they are present.
At this time, there is no scraper for Animated artwork, but this is being worked. See the Kodi forum thread for more details. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215727

So, as usual with this amount of changes, there is the chance of bugs. Please, post up ASAP if you find any with instructions on how to duplicate.
Enjoy!

New:

Fixed:
  • MC - Remove option to get IMDB ratings from OMDB. We get this directly from IMDb.
  • Movie - Shift options IMDB Id and RT ratings via OMDB from Common tab to Movie Scraper tab, IMDb scraper options.
  • Movie - Fix ratings from IMDB if only option selected on TMDb scraper settings.
  • Movie - Fix Rescrape button on Movie tab, failed to initialize TMDb correctly.
  • TV - Fix logic which rating is default for series and episodes.
  • TV - Fix error if removing apostrophe character code, and string is nothing.
  • TV - If RottenTomato ratings are 'N/A' then don't return RT ratings.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.720b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-21

vbatt99,

Thanks for all your work, this looks pretty cool!

https://imgur.com/a/vSnwdaV

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-21

vbatt99,

tv series scrape wizard, I selected all 4 ratings
tv episode wizard, all 4 ratings

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.TVScraper.BatchRescrape()

edit: issue is with episode wizard
edit 2: it crashed with tvdb. Right now I have it updating imdb votes at episode level and it started from the last episode and going backwards

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-21

(2018-09-21, 05:15)Edworld Wrote: vbatt99,

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

edit 2: it crashed with tvdb. Right now I have it updating imdb votes at episode level and it started from the last episode and going backwards

Found and Fixed.

Just uploaded a replacement release, same version number. Please re-download the file. TVDb ratings for Episodes should now be fixed.

(2018-09-21, 07:32)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-09-21, 05:15)Edworld Wrote: vbatt99,

Found and Fixed.

Just uploaded a replacement release, same version number. Please re-download the file. TVDb ratings for Episodes should now be fixed. 
Is it normal for MC to start scraping from the last season last episode of a show?

(2018-09-21, 21:26)Edworld Wrote: Is it normal for MC to start scraping from the last season last episode of a show?

Yep. It is easier to work backwards through the list incase there is a missing file.
If MC was going forwards, and a missing file, it will jump the next file. Weird, but easier to manage in the code.

vbat99,

got this error:

tvshows episodes ratings:
edit: tvdb scraped fine - very fast
imdb scraped fine - very slow
movie db - crashed
rotten tomatoes scraped fine - very fast

nfo - imdb votes are show votes not episode votes
If I rescrape one tvshow using the wizard, tvdb and imdb appear as default on the episode nfo's
If I rescrape one episode, tvdb, imdb, tmdb; ratings and votes are correct

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-22

vbat99,

extrafanart behavior changed....
I had fanart0 to fanart9 and it scraped another 5 images with numeric file name - 5 digits

last played...
All my watched movies show a last played date of 9.9.18

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-22

(2018-09-21, 22:45)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

got this error:

tvshows episodes ratings:
edit: tvdb scraped fine - very fast
imdb scraped fine - very slow
movie db - crashed
rotten tomatoes scraped fine - very fast

nfo - imdb votes are show votes not episode votes
If I rescrape one tvshow using the wizard, tvdb and imdb appear as default on the episode nfo's
If I rescrape one episode, tvdb, imdb, tmdb; ratings and votes are correct

Yep, more work done here, should be fixed in next release.
(2018-09-22, 06:36)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

extrafanart behavior changed....
I had fanart0 to fanart9 and it scraped another 5 images with numeric file name - 5 digits

last played...
All my watched movies show a last played date of 9.9.18
How many fanart images are in the extrafanart folder? and what are the name of the numeric filenames?

As for last played date, Media Companion doesn't set this date....anywhere. It is only read from the nfo, and saved back. This last played tag was added to keep data if the video nfo was exported from Kodi.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-22

vbat99,

I already had extrafanart folder with files starting fanart0 to fanart9, it then added 5-6 images with numeric naming

vbatt99,

Is there an easy way to export the entire DB to excel?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-22

(2018-09-22, 21:01)Edworld Wrote: vbatt99,

Is there an easy way to export the entire DB to excel?

MC database? IT is just a XMl file, so should be able to load it directly ( except for Excel 2003, which failed miserably).
Or, use Movies -> Export Movie List Info -> CSV Output.

These templates in folder html_templates can be modified by the user to output whatever data they wish from MC Database.
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/wiki/MovToolbar/
and
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/wiki/ExportingMediaInformation/

Good luck.

(2018-09-22, 20:36)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

I already had extrafanart folder with files starting fanart0 to fanart9, it then added 5-6 images with numeric naming

MC shouldn't have done that....Was this from Batch Rescrape? What option(s) were selected.