Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-02-13

(2019-02-13, 21:16)wints Wrote: And guess what after reloading movies in kodi still the same

Okay I see it, then you definitely either have problems with the kodi core installation or with the skin (and its addon dependencies). A problem with MediaCompanion can now be clearly excluded.
I'm running also out of advice now.
Delete all skin related stuff in kodi and also in explorer:
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7.leida.mod
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq7.leida.mod

Make a new skin install try. If doesn't help, maybe last solution make a complete wipe out and start kodi completely at 0 point again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - wints - 2019-02-13

@"chrissix" 

ok thanks for all your help most appreciated I'll let you know if I get it sorted

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2019-02-16

Hi,

I have a mix of old artwork naming and new artwork naming conventions and would like to fix this. For example, some of the discart is named disc, and some of the extrafanart is named like aFSJFHfjehfehfebcevev.jpf versus fanart0.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc.

What would be the best approach to fix this?

thx

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-02-16

(2019-02-16, 01:41)leejk Wrote: Hi,

I have a mix of old artwork naming and new artwork naming conventions and would like to fix this. For example, some of the discart is named disc, and some of the extrafanart is named like aFSJFHfjehfehfebcevev.jpf versus fanart0.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc.

What would be the best approach to fix this?

thx
under debug

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-02-16

(2019-02-16, 01:41)leejk Wrote: I have a mix of old artwork naming and new artwork naming conventions and would like to fix this. For example, some of the discart is named disc, and some of the extrafanart is named like aFSJFHfjehfehfebcevev.jpf versus fanart0.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc.

folder extrafanart: Since there should be a debug option where 10 fanarts should be renamed in your Extrafanarts folder by fanart0-9.jpg. If you have more than 10 extrafanarts in your extrafanarts folder, they will not be renamed. (Previously it was possible to download up to 20 fanarts via MC). The only way is to manually rename or delete these others.

To change naming conventions
logo -> clearlogo
disc -> discart
character -> characterart

... I recommend you to spend a few minutes with Bulk Rename Utility, it works pretty fast.

With Leia it is recommended to use the movieprefix.
clearlogo.png -> Moviebasefilename-clearlogo.png
discart.png -> Moviebasefilename-discart.png

Also, I was able to accomplish this with the Bulk Rename Utility with the right settings.

If you already work with ArtworkBeef, it should look like this at best:

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2019-02-16

Gees, Chris.  Think you got enough files in that folder?  Rofl Angel

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-02-16

(2019-02-16, 19:39)bobrap Wrote: Gees, Chris.  Think you got enough files in that folder?  Rofl Angel

No, the four thumbs are also still to adapt.

But look how colorful and playful it looks. I just like that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBFLhZ8Og4k

If you are concerned with the .xml integration of ArtworkBeef multiimage, there is no other way to do that. I know, it takes some getting used to and looks messy.

I still have a backup of the folders extrafanart, extrathumbs, extracharacterart, extraposter or extrakeyart for the old multiimage (via folder) system,
but for the new multiimage system (via fadelabel control) from ArtworkBeef the arts have to be in the same folder as the movie and it no subfolders are supported.

The advantage is especially great in the performance of using NAS or server systems. With the old multiimage folder system, although the arts come into the cache, the folders are still being accessed. This not only strains the hard drives but makes the whole skin very slow. With the new system everything can be read into kodi like a normal artworktype, no more accessing to the folder on every change when i browse though video libary, and only the hard drive is accessed when the movie is playing.

Heavest i have at moment for experimental skinning:

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2019-02-16

Thanks for tips... I hadn't seen the debug option, nice.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-02-17

Hi all,
Could someone please send me the folder structure of music video's.
I would like to use MC to scrape art for them, but I'm not sure of the structure.
Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-02-17

(2019-02-17, 00:29)JanM201 Wrote: Hi all,
Could someone please send me the folder structure of music video's.
I would like to use MC to scrape art for them, but I'm not sure of the structure.
Thanks.

look: https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_Video_artwork

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-02-17

Hi @"chrissix" 
Thank you very much. I used MC to scrape & this is the result:

Does this look correct?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-02-17

(2019-02-17, 01:51)JanM201 Wrote: Does this look correct?

This looks very correct!
You may be able to try to give each artist a own folder, and each artist folder a folder.jpg as artist thumb.

Maybe it also brings something ... folder.jpg is usually always recognized. Although music videos are supported by kodi and skins, the scope is limited. I am surprised that you get scraping data at all. That does not use very many.

Thank you very much for all your help. Rofl

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - the_bo - 2019-02-18

(2019-02-16, 20:17)chrissix Wrote: With the new system everything can be read into kodi like a normal artworktype, no more accessing to the folder on every change when i browse though video libary, and only the hard drive is accessed when the movie is playing.

I noticed this with my external hard drive. When the hard drive was in standby whenever I browsed through my movie library the hard drive would wake up even though I have everything cached. Is the extrafanart folder the cause of this?

Is there a program to move the images from the extrafanrt folder to the main folder. I don't fancy manually moving and renaming all the images to fanart1, fanart2 etc.

Maybe a script or something could be used.

Also does MC scrape for character art. Is there any sites that have character art?

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-02-18

I believe character art comes from fanart.tv