Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 20:04)joshhansen Wrote: Is there a way to rename existing files that were named for Eden compatibility?

I wondered when someone was going to ask that questions. I was looking at a one-hit script to rename files. is a set folder structure, but didn't get it sorted.

There isn't a function in MC to replace the existing files. and when Bulk rescrape wizard is fix, there will be a function to scrape the missing artwork, ie, you have eden, but selected "Both" in MC, the wizard will scrape and fill in the frodo artwork alongside the eden artwork.

If you wish to completely replaced eden format to Frodo, then as fma964 mentioned, Bulk rename is perfect. just sort your tbn episode images, and replace with -thumb.jpg. Similar with season thumbs.

Hope this is of help.
(2013-01-30, 20:18)joshhansen Wrote: The problem I have is that each of my files has <tv show> - ____.ext. So a bulk renamer doesn't really work for that.

Actually, Bulk Rename Utility http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php is Extremely powerful, and Can do just as suggested. I Know, I've tried it already.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - BesterH - 2013-01-30

Yes it will. That's the way I changed all mine to Frodo before the option was available in MC. In option selections (12) filter should be folder.jpg, uncheck folder, check sub folder. In the upper left pane choose your main folder that has all you TV show folders. You'll get all the folder.jpg's. Now just use the remove and add boxes (5 and 7). Highlight all the folder.jpg and hit rename on the lower right.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - scott967 - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 05:04)vbat99 Wrote: As for what each option should do,

Hope that helps.

It does indeed thanks.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-31

New Release to fix Movie Scraper and more issues:
Media Companion V3.540b

Fixes
  • Fix IMDB scraper errors, caused by recent webpage changes
  • Tmdb languages file not found after browsing for local fanart
  • TV Batch Wizard will find artwork for Frodo or Pre-Frodo, but currently not if Both option selected.
  • Find Missing artwork for Show, ie: r-click show, will find Frodo or Pre-Frodo artwork, but not if Both is seleted
  • DblClick TV images no longer zoomed
  • UI TV images overlapped text
  • Empty movie list if path(s) removed and then re-added
  • Movie duplicates where decided by name instead of id
  • Movie sort by votes
New features
  • YouTube trailer scraping - scrapes flv, mp4 & webm trailers
  • Re-scrape TMDb set name added to Specific fields list and batch wizard
  • Added help for taking ownership of media files. This problem manifests itself as an 'access denied' error when MC tries to delete an existing media file that isn't owned by the user, even if user has administrator rights.
  • Add Ctrl-C aborts trailer download”

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - SenorLoco - 2013-01-31

I've been reading through the thread looking for an answer and I see it was discussed back in April, but I was wondering if you had any plans to allow scraping of new Tv Shows (not just episodes) via mc_com? I've been trying to find a good way to automate my downloads and scraping and mc_com works great if I already have the Tv Show in Media Companion, but I tend to download a lot of new shows and I am trying avoid having to open MC and choosing "Check Roots....". An additional switch for mc_com to "check roots" before it check for new episodes would be awesome! (and simplify my life)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-31

Well, it's been asked how to schedule MC before, but not asked to have check roots option.

At this time, this option would require a large rewrite of the command-line code, to incorporate scanning root folders, scraping all the meta data and images for new Shows.

I will add this to the To Do List as a Feature, but I know at this moment, all energy is in Bug Fixing and getting MC fully Frodo compatible.

It would have to be understood that the Folder for new shows would have to be named exactly as on the TvDb site, else large error and possible lockups of MC could occur.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - SenorLoco - 2013-01-31

Thanks for the quick reply!

I look forward to the bug fixes and new features!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - KidKiwi - 2013-01-31

Thx muchly for the updated version to resolve the scraper issues.

So far everything is working for me...but I did notice that the "Outline" field is populated by a review instead of the outline.

Keep up the great work.

EDIT: Seems like the plot also uses a review instead of plot (but not always).

Indeed you are right, I see it in outline for sure. I'll add to the To Do List. Cheers

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - KidKiwi - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 09:19)vbat99 Wrote: Indeed you are right, I see it in outline for sure. I'll add to the To Do List. Cheers

Excellent. I also noticed that the "Stars" field is only pulling one star, when previous versions pulled three. Love the new look.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-01-31

I must be missing something, how do I choose / download a tv show season poster?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 17:37)Zxurian Wrote: I must be missing something, how do I choose / download a tv show season poster?

go to the posters tab Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 19:28)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-01-31, 17:37)Zxurian Wrote: I must be missing something, how do I choose / download a tv show season poster?

thanks. knew it was something stupid.
I noticed that the season posters are now being downloaded as sessonXX-poster.jpg. Can I delete all of my previous .tbn files since Frodo supports direct .jpg's now?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - scott967 - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 05:04)vbat99 Wrote: OK, well I just tested with "Cheongdam Dong Alice", created a new show under my test folder, and had MC Check Roots for new shows.

This scraped perfectly. No issues. BUT, I did have a problem when trying to scrape any episodes.

Now, this may be because there is absolutely no info loaded at TheTvDb against any episode. No plot, no directors, no episode thumbs either. MC should catch this error, so I'll add to the To Do List.

OK. First off, am I right that everything MC stores is in its local "settings" folder (I have several versions of MC side-by-sdie and they all seem to work). Or more precisely, profile.xml is the main user file that's needed and by default profile.xml entries are all in the local settings folder?

Because in looking at the tvcache.xml file in the local settings I found a problem on this tvshow. I have entires on this show near the top that look like:
Code:
<episodedetails NfoPath="F:\VideosF\TV Shows\Cheongdam dong Alice\Cheongdam dong Alice S01E01.nfo">
    <missing>False</missing>
    <title>Episode 1</title>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
  </episodedetails>

and no associated tvshow element. Then farther down the file I have repeats, except these have showid elements in them:
Code:
<episodedetails NfoPath="F:\VideosF\TV Shows\Cheongdam dong Alice\Cheongdam dong Alice S01E01.nfo">
    <missing>False</missing>
    <title>Episode 1</title>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
    <showid>264413</showid>
  </episodedetails>

And following this group of episodes is the tvshow entry:
Code:
<tvshow NfoPath="F:\VideosF\TV Shows\Cheongdam dong Alice\tvshow.nfo">
    <state>0</state>
    <title>Cheongdam Dong Alice</title>
    <id>264413</id>
  </tvshow>

Any idea how this happens? Also what does the tvshow setting "Fix NFO id during cache refresh" do (mine is unchecked)?

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-01

(2013-01-31, 22:55)Zxurian Wrote:
(2013-01-31, 19:28)fma965 Wrote:

thanks. knew it was something stupid.
I noticed that the season posters are now being downloaded as sessonXX-poster.jpg. Can I delete all of my previous .tbn files since Frodo supports direct .jpg's now?

Yes