Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2019-08-01

(2019-08-01, 10:12)Ozpeg Wrote: ​​​​​​​If there is no outline in TMDB
There is no outline on TMDB. That is an IMDB thingy.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-08-02

@ all Media Companion Fans:
Today TVDB made heavy API changes -> forum tvdb thread post
For the most applications using the API there wasn't negative side effects but it smashed the KODI and EMBY internal scrapers - unusable atm -> forum kodi thread

Can you guys please test out Media Companion TvShow scraping to see if it is also (i hope not) affected?
I'm also using a very old (still freeware) version of Filebot using same API, there it's still working without problems.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2019-08-03

(2019-08-02, 22:34)chrissix Wrote: @ all Media Companion Fans:
Today TVDB made heavy API changes -> forum tvdb thread post
For the most applications using the API there wasn't negative side effects but it smashed the KODI and EMBY internal scrapers - unusable atm -> forum kodi thread

Can you guys please test out Media Companion TvShow scraping to see if it is also (i hope not) affected?
I'm also using a very old (still freeware) version of Filebot using same API, there it's still working without problems.

MC started scraping the Actor with TVDb and then froze. Had to close the application.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-08-03

From what I just read that the doing a roll back on this site and the case needs to be rebuilt for this going to take some time be patient mediacompanion will be operational once they get their stuff together

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - guandms - 2019-08-03

Hi All,

This is the first time I'm using this scraper for Music Videos, and sadly it doesn't find almost anything automatically.

When I search for it manually it does find the song (first result) and then I need to change it manually one by one.

Of course, I'm doing the name as it should be like : 

Linkin Park - Crawling
Linkin Park - In The End
Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful
Nightwish - While Your Lips Are Still Red

And it still doesn't scrape them right, I need to perform it manually one by one.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance...

RE: Media Companion V3.7.3.4 - issue with mult-episodes - scott967 - 2019-08-03

(2019-07-26, 11:28)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 11:37)Ozpeg Wrote: Thanks vbat99

I just renamed the episode, and re-scraped the TV Show but am still getting an error that the show could not be loaded

"WARNING: This episode nfo: T:\Star Trek Enterprise\Season 1\S01E01E02 - Broken Bow.nfo - could not be loaded"

I have even deleted the current NFO and re-scraped the information again - still getting the same issue

That is weird.

Can you upload the nfo somewhere, and pm me the link to the nfo. I need to see that file to figure out what is happening.
Also, what scraper source have you selected to TV Series? TVDb or TMDb?
Maybe also upload your config.xml and pm me the link to that also.

Thanks

PS, Scott is talking about the scraping of Pre-Frodo version of Kodi data in Media Companion, not to do with your issue.

Cheers 

Sorry for being late in follow-up.  It's about the movie filter list.  Currently there are several poster-related filters:

missing poster
Pre-Frodo poster only
Frodo poster only
both poster formats

The problem is, it appears that "missing poster" filter will show every movie that does NOT have "both poster formats".  Since all my movies have moviefilename-poster.jpg format poster art, and I got rid of the "Pre-Frodo" tbns a long time ago, the "missing poster" filter won't show just which movies are missing "Frodo posters".

So a "missing Frodo poster" filter would work, but I was wondering if it might be time to clean up the UI and preferences dealing with "pre-Frodo posters".

scott s.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-08-05

(2019-08-03, 06:06)guandms Wrote: Hi All,

This is the first time I'm using this scraper for Music Videos, and sadly it doesn't find almost anything automatically.

When I search for it manually it does find the song (first result) and then I need to change it manually one by one.

Of course, I'm doing the name as it should be like : 

Linkin Park - Crawling
Linkin Park - In The End
Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful
Nightwish - While Your Lips Are Still Red

And it still doesn't scrape them right, I need to perform it manually one by one.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance...

Tested using the four above titles as video clips, and all scraped from Wikipedia automatically.
Where in the world are you firstly, as Geo-location may be a factor in returned results.

RE: Media Companion V3.7.3.4 - issue with mult-episodes - vbat99 - 2019-08-05

(2019-08-03, 16:06)scott967 Wrote: Sorry for being late in follow-up.  It's about the movie filter list.  Currently there are several poster-related filters:

missing poster
Pre-Frodo poster only
Frodo poster only
both poster formats

The problem is, it appears that "missing poster" filter will show every movie that does NOT have "both poster formats".  Since all my movies have moviefilename-poster.jpg format poster art, and I got rid of the "Pre-Frodo" tbns a long time ago, the "missing poster" filter won't show just which movies are missing "Frodo posters".

So a "missing Frodo poster" filter would work, but I was wondering if it might be time to clean up the UI and preferences dealing with "pre-Frodo posters".

scott s.

I agree and I will make changes for this is future releases. Meaning, if Frodo and onwards (Default) is selected, Pre-frodo, Both Poster, etc filters will be excluded from being added to the General Filter list of Filters.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2019-08-08

Hi all

Is there a setting within MC that displays the TV Show/Series outline/plot when exporting the library to the "Advance Show Display"

I'd like it so when someone clicks on the show banner I'd like to outline/plot to show (maybe scrape that from the local library or add the URL to the TVDB page based on the TVDB ID ?) for off-line viewing), as well as the list of seasons.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-08-08

No the export templates are customisable by the end user that is not something that is controlled by mediacompanion.
You are more than welcome to modify the template it is in the folder called HTML templates .
These are modifiable by the end-user anytime for their own use .

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-08-21

@vbat99 
I have not touched this setting for a long time but had to test some stuff for skinning. It always worked until i changed the counter lately.

Can you please test if the studio count limiter works for you?
It was always at 1 since a long time and worked all the time. Now i changed the count values for some testings and set it to 1 again, but on 1 now there will be scraped all available studios, all.
Idea?

____

EDIT: The good news! Reported several weeks ago that the tomatometerallaudience ratings/votes doesn't get  values anymore. It's working again on my side for pretty most movies. nice!

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-08-21

I will check this evening and let you know.
Has been a bit slow to get anything done as I have had an exchange student staying in my office so computer time has been very limited but that's all changed as she's gone back to Germany period so I have a lot of work ahead of me

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-08-22

Apologies for late reply, but studio counter is working correctly.
I have spotted that some movies on TMDb have now only one studio listed, but others on TMDB still have multiple studios.
EG Captain America Winter Soldier had three, but now only has one. But on IMDb, there is still listed Three studios.
But, The Upside (2017) Still has three studios on TMDb and IMDb.

Sorry, but some data must have been removed from TMDb.

I have found that the Studio counter is not working on limiting studios from TMDb, it gets all of them, even if set to one studio.
Behaves properly if IMDb is the scraper.
Will fix that before the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-08-22

(2019-08-22, 10:13)vbat99 Wrote: I have found that the Studio counter is not working on limiting studios from TMDb, it gets all of them, even if set to one studio.
That's exactly what I meant. It still worked perfectly a few versions ago. Any change since then has probably crashed this!
I mainly use TMDB data in MC.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-08-22

Yep I've already put a fixed in place for that one hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to finish off some other fixes that are desperately needed and push a new release