Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Kelemvor - 2013-02-10

Is there a Changelog list somewhere that has all the versions listed? I looked on the codeplex site but didn't see it. I'm still on 3.5.1.1 and just wanting to find out what all has changed from that version to the current one.

Has anyone upgraded from Eden to Frodo and run into any problems? Now that it's official I'm getting ready to just installed Frodo over the top of Eden and hope everything works well...

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-10

Only change log is what is listed with each release. You'll have to select each release and see what's written as changes/fixes.

I suggest you get a test few shows and movies, just a couple of shows, and a mix of episodes/seasons, as well as three or four movies, put them in test folders and give the latest MC a spin.

I've been using the latest, V3.543b, and haven't struck an issue yet. (knock wood).

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 04:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 01:23)Zxurian Wrote: so... another bug found...

using Batman Beyond for refence.
The show as a Specials folder within it, ( \Batman Beyond\Specials\ )
Here's a screenshot of how it appears within MediaCompanion: http://gyazo.com/0bce6e9bf3d5e97b2fef8176b8387eb3
Discrepancies
  • In the tree view on the left, it lists it as "Season 00" instead of "Specials" (however the show title correctly labels it as "- Specials" at the top when selected.
  • The banner image incorrectly shows the Main banner image, even though there is no season-specialsl-banner.jpg in the directory.

P.S. How/where can I donate to you guys?

Glad you found that nfo issue.

As for for listing Specials as season 00, this is to keep scraping in line with how episodes are listed.

It may be possible to have MC display Special instead of Season00, but that would be a feature request for now.

The main banner being displayed if no season special banner, that's a glitch. I'll check and add to To Do List.

Thanks for the update.

What does the little pencil icon next to a title mean?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 16:34)Zxurian Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 04:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 01:23)Zxurian Wrote: so... another bug found...

using Batman Beyond for refence.
The show as a Specials folder within it, ( \Batman Beyond\Specials\ )
Here's a screenshot of how it appears within MediaCompanion: http://gyazo.com/0bce6e9bf3d5e97b2fef8176b8387eb3
Discrepancies
  • In the tree view on the left, it lists it as "Season 00" instead of "Specials" (however the show title correctly labels it as "- Specials" at the top when selected.
  • The banner image incorrectly shows the Main banner image, even though there is no season-specialsl-banner.jpg in the directory.

P.S. How/where can I donate to you guys?

Glad you found that nfo issue.

As for for listing Specials as season 00, this is to keep scraping in line with how episodes are listed.

It may be possible to have MC display Special instead of Season00, but that would be a feature request for now.

The main banner being displayed if no season special banner, that's a glitch. I'll check and add to To Do List.

Thanks for the update.

What does the little pencil icon next to a title mean?

Hehe... good question... i think it means new/edited or something although not sure.

i dont think media companion has any donation method setup although i could be wrong.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-10

cool. just checking.
as far as bug reporting, I'm assuming that you guys that are answering questions / patching this here are also watching the codeplex bug reporting system as well? And do you have a preference for where I report little bugs and crashes that I find?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 20:20)Zxurian Wrote: cool. just checking.
as far as bug reporting, I'm assuming that you guys that are answering questions / patching this here are also watching the codeplex bug reporting system as well? And do you have a preference for where I report little bugs and crashes that I find?

Ok

yes we (me, vbat etc.) are checking codeplex aswell Big Grin

I guess the issue tracker on codeplex would be best however personally i am not bothered whether its here, codeplex issue tracker or discussion. others however may be Smile

just replied on issue tracker btw.

roger.

New odd bug, trying to download a season 02 poster, and got the following error - http://gyazo.com/20aae8127535a6271eef7d4132ae375d

only happens with that image selected. the other images from season 02 download fine.

(2013-02-10, 20:54)Zxurian Wrote: roger.

New odd bug, trying to download a season 02 poster, and got the following error - http://gyazo.com/20aae8127535a6271eef7d4132ae375d

only happens with that image selected. the other images from season 02 download fine.

Yeah i have had this a few times.not really sure on the issue nor how to reproduce it though.
PS: I used to use gyazo but the ads were annoying Smile now i use http://puush.me/

it does it for me everytime on that image. Is there a debug log I can turn on then forward logs of when it happens?

(P.S. checking put puush now)

(2013-02-10, 21:05)Zxurian Wrote: it does it for me everytime on that image. Is there a debug log I can turn on then forward logs of when it happens?

(P.S. checking put puush now)

Hmm, I don't think a debug log would help, it would most likely give the same information (im not even sure if we have debug logs Big Grin)

Yeah just thought i would casually hint you to puu.sh i find it very useful

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - KidKiwi - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-10, 05:31)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 01:29)KidKiwi Wrote: Wahoo...a new version.

Looking good so far. Smile

Any chance a slight mod could be made. I'd like a "Refresh" button (to refresh all movies) added under the "Rescrape" icon button in the RH panel. I use the refresh button a lot - needed because I manually add the streamdetails to the nfo and if I don't refresh, the next save from MC removes them. (PS - I'd like to see a panel to add stream details manually via MC (and read the current ones) . The reading thingee of the actual files doesn't read ISO files. I also only run MC via an exact duplicate of my server, but using fake ISO files - so there is nothing to read anyway.)

Another request would be for a backup of all files managed by MC to a remote location, while also creating fake video files.)

This is just getting better. Thx for all the hard work.

Refresh button sounds good. BUT, where your proposing it, should be refresh only current movie.
A Refresh All button would be nice but finding the space for it, cause technically Refresh All should be near Search for New button.

I'll add to To Do List.
Where abouts are you edting the stream details? Are you editing the nfo directly for this?
Currently mediainfo can't pull info from iso's. There is another external program than can, but this may be in the Feature Request section.

Your right about the refresh button. "Refresh All" somewhere near the search button. Looking forward to that one.

Yeah...I'm editing the nfo file directly to add the stream details. Would be really nice if it could be done from within MC.

Pity about the "Backup" side of things. While I could live with it not creating fake video files, I always thought the ability to create a backup of all the MC files would be great - along with the abiltity to restore them. I figure it would also stop some of the massiive hits several of the fan sites are taking and struggling to keep up with.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - eroz - 2013-02-11

Hi i just started using MC and am liking it so far but I have a question on some things I haven't been able to figure out.

I have a movie, Khan Kluay 2, which came as 2 vcd's. I rip'ed them and have them labeled as "Khan Kluay 2 [CD1].mkv" and "Khan Kluay 2 [CD2].mkv", but MC changes the second part to a different movie and I have been unsuccessful in figuring out how to see them as just one movie. Same issue with the dvd movie of "Once Upon A Time in America".

The other issue I have is how to delete sets. I've tried removing the movies that were in the wrong set name for me and put them in the set name I wanted. But then when I tried to delete the empty set. It said that the current movie was using the set. So I'm not sure how to delete wrong set names.

Thanks!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 16:00)eroz Wrote: Hi i just started using MC and am liking it so far but I have a question on some things I haven't been able to figure out.

I have a movie, Khan Kluay 2, which came as 2 vcd's. I rip'ed them and have them labeled as "Khan Kluay 2 [CD1].mkv" and "Khan Kluay 2 [CD2].mkv", but MC changes the second part to a different movie and I have been unsuccessful in figuring out how to see them as just one movie. Same issue with the dvd movie of "Once Upon A Time in America".

The other issue I have is how to delete sets. I've tried removing the movies that were in the wrong set name for me and put them in the set name I wanted. But then when I tried to delete the empty set. It said that the current movie was using the set. So I'm not sure how to delete wrong set names.

Thanks!

Please make sure they are named like this and then if the issue still persists let me know Smile
Movie Preferences > General

Sorry i can't help with the latter issue. Hopefully another media companion team member can.

PS. Does any 1 here want to give me some reputation Big Grin, on XDA i have like 535 Thanks but on here i have no reputation... makes me feel sad LOL.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - eroz - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 16:04)fma965 Wrote: Please make sure they are named like this and then if the issue still persists let me know Smile

Sorry i can't help with the latter issue. Hopefully another media companion team member can.

Wow that was fast! Big Grin Thanks, I will try that when I get home today.

*edit*

I would but I don't see a Thanks button or +Rep button anywhere. At the bottom of the post I only see buttons for "PM", "FIND", "QUOTE", "QUOTE+" and "REPORT".

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 16:09)eroz Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 16:04)fma965 Wrote: Please make sure they are named like this and then if the issue still persists let me know Smile

Wow that was fast! Big Grin Thanks, I will try that when I get home today.

Yep, I answer fast during day in UK and Vbat99 usually answers fast during day in NZ Smile

Also Tapatalk Notfier for Chrome is very helpful for notifying you of a new post. i love it.

So to all others... if you need help ask here between 12PM and 12AM UK Time (BST) and i will usually answer really quickly Big Grin