Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-10-14

(2020-10-12, 18:26)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-10-12, 06:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 17:11)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

I don't know if this is possible, but when you scrape 4k movies the source appears blank. Is it possible to add 4K?

Are you meaning 4K in the source box like "Webrip", "BDRip" etc? Cause 4K Isn't a source as such, but a resolution. Unless its a lower resolution from a 4K Source.

yes

My DVD mkv's files show up as DVD and Bluray mkv as bluray. Now I have some UHD mkv's but that box is blank

You do know in Preferences -> Common Preferences tab, you can add custom Video Source, like add UHD or 4K
Which means MC will find that and fill in the source appropriately.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-10-14

Common Preferences

Video Source

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-11-25

New Release.
Media Companion 3.750
Date: 2020-11-25

It has been a while, but some changes to TMDb have broken Movie and TV Scraping. Now fixed in this release

Changes:
  • MC - Changes to how tag <dateadded> is formatted and functions in MC, improving Kodi compatability.
  • MC - Fix TMDb scraping of Movies and Series Part
  • TV - Add catch if episode fails to scrape, continue to next episode.
  • TV - Add option to TV Preferences - > Extra to allow removal of episodeguide tag from nfo, for select cases of use only.
  • Movie - Also change Rename %A for Movie filename not just Movie Folder.
  • Movie - On request DTS XLL X is now stored as DTS X, please advise if this is incorrect.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.750b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - scott967 - 2020-11-25

Thanks for the update.  Haven't tried it, but for a while movie scraping TMDB would fail (not found), but I could use the change movie button to find it and then it would scrape (title was OK).

Meanwhile,  I did a clean install and I have a movie root folder (in a profile that's not default) where all movies are in folders and use local fanart.jpg and poster.jpg in each folder.  MC is showing the fanart but not the poster.  It seems like this worked in the past but I haven't looked at this root folder for a while so might not be remembering correctly.  I did try in 749 with same results.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-11-26

(2020-11-25, 22:49)scott967 Wrote: Thanks for the update.  Haven't tried it, but for a while movie scraping TMDB would fail (not found), but I could use the change movie button to find it and then it would scrape (title was OK).

Meanwhile,  I did a clean install and I have a movie root folder (in a profile that's not default) where all movies are in folders and use local fanart.jpg and poster.jpg in each folder.  MC is showing the fanart but not the poster.  It seems like this worked in the past but I haven't looked at this root folder for a while so might not be remembering correctly.  I did try in 749 with same results.

scott s.
Check how you have your artwork set to save as. eg: <moviename>-poster.jpg vs poster.jpg

If you changed this at some point, MC is probably not going to pick up the old naming convention.

Check the naming of a working movie folder, against a non-working folder.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - echo - 2020-11-30

Cheers for the update. It has however introduced a new issue.

In the new <dateadded> tag, you are using the current scrape datetime. This conflicts and overrides Kodi's default of setting dateadded based on file created datetime.

Usecase: if adding a new release movie to the library, it should, and does, appear at the top of the library when sorted by date added. However, quite often I want to add an older movie to the library. And I dont want to have these appear at the top. What I do is change the movie's filesystem created datetime property, and when Kodi reads it in, it sorts it way below into the date I specified.

What I am doing as a workaround at the moment, is scrape with MC, then manually edit the nfo to delete the <dateadded>.

Request: either change <dateadded> to be the file's created datetime or add an option to completely omit <dateadded> from the nfo.

Thanks mate!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-12-01

(2020-11-30, 15:43)echo Wrote: Cheers for the update. It has however introduced a new issue.

In the new <dateadded> tag, you are using the current scrape datetime. This conflicts and overrides Kodi's default of setting dateadded based on file created datetime.

Usecase: if adding a new release movie to the library, it should, and does, appear at the top of the library when sorted by date added. However, quite often I want to add an older movie to the library. And I dont want to have these appear at the top. What I do is change the movie's filesystem created datetime property, and when Kodi reads it in, it sorts it way below into the date I specified.

What I am doing as a workaround at the moment, is scrape with MC, then manually edit the nfo to delete the <dateadded>.

Request: either change <dateadded> to be the file's created datetime or add an option to completely omit <dateadded> from the nfo.

Thanks mate!

Yes, I see where I went horribly wrong with this alteration. I am so sorry.
Createdate was not a Kodi tag, but dateadded is.

I will correct MC for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - echo - 2020-12-01

(2020-12-01, 10:28)vbat99 Wrote: I will correct MC for the next release.
Thanks mate, and I appreciate your ongoing dedication to MC

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - crabtronic - 2020-12-07

Hallo,

Everything works except the xbmc link.
I have kodi setup on a fire stick with allow remote control from applications on this system and other systems enabled.
The web interface is the default one.

Media companion is setup on a windows system/same network with this configuration :
    <XBMC_Active>True</XBMC_Active>
    <XBMC_Link>False</XBMC_Link>
    <XBMC_Address>192.168.1.50</XBMC_Address>
    <XBMC_Port>8080</XBMC_Port>
    <XBMC_Username>crabtronic</XBMC_Username>
    <XBMC_Password>aaa</XBMC_Password>
    <XBMC_UserdataFolder>\\sankukai\userdata</XBMC_UserdataFolder>
    <XBMC_TexturesDb>userdata\Database\Textures13.db</XBMC_TexturesDb>
    <XBMC_ThumbnailFolders>Thumbnails</XBMC_ThumbnailFolders>

I tried with : "\\sankukai\userdata" and "\\192.168.1.50\userdata" and with : "\\192.168.1.50\sdcard\Android\data\fork.teamdork.thefix\files\.kodi\userdata"
I got the last path with adblink.

When I check "Validate" I always get :
Quote:Frodo Enabled -> Passed
Pre-Frodo only movies ('.tbn' posters instead of '-poster.jpg') : 0 -> Passed
XBMC PC Ping -> Passed
XBMC Connect -> Passed
Userdata Folder -> Failed
TexturesDb File -> Failed
TexturesDb Connection -> Failed
TexturesDb Version (Frodo needed) -> Failed
Thumbnails Folder -> Failed
Movie folder(s) configured -> Passed
Movie Folder mappings set (NB Actual paths not validated as applicable to XBMC PC) -> Passed
Overall -> Failed

What did I miss ?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-12-09

(2020-12-07, 11:58)crabtronic Wrote: Hallo,

Everything works except the xbmc link.
I have kodi setup on a fire stick with allow remote control from applications on this system and other systems enabled.
The web interface is the default one.

Media companion is setup on a windows system/same network with this configuration :
    <XBMC_Active>True</XBMC_Active>
    <XBMC_Link>False</XBMC_Link>
    <XBMC_Address>192.168.1.50</XBMC_Address>
    <XBMC_Port>8080</XBMC_Port>
    <XBMC_Username>crabtronic</XBMC_Username>
    <XBMC_Password>aaa</XBMC_Password>
    <XBMC_UserdataFolder>\\sankukai\userdata</XBMC_UserdataFolder>
    <XBMC_TexturesDb>userdata\Database\Textures13.db</XBMC_TexturesDb>
    <XBMC_ThumbnailFolders>Thumbnails</XBMC_ThumbnailFolders>

I tried with : "\\sankukai\userdata" and "\\192.168.1.50\userdata" and with : "\\192.168.1.50\sdcard\Android\data\fork.teamdork.thefix\files\.kodi\userdata"
I got the last path with adblink.

When I check "Validate" I always get :
Quote:Frodo Enabled -> Passed
Pre-Frodo only movies ('.tbn' posters instead of '-poster.jpg') : 0 -> Passed
XBMC PC Ping -> Passed
XBMC Connect -> Passed
Userdata Folder -> Failed
TexturesDb File -> Failed
TexturesDb Connection -> Failed
TexturesDb Version (Frodo needed) -> Failed
Thumbnails Folder -> Failed
Movie folder(s) configured -> Passed
Movie Folder mappings set (NB Actual paths not validated as applicable to XBMC PC) -> Passed
Overall -> Failed

What did I miss ?

Unfortunately unable to assist with XBMC Link as I am not the author of this section of code. I feel its more a security issue within Windows giving access to the Userdata folder.
I also feel there is a better way through the KODI Api, but I have no knowledge of how this works.

Sorry.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - crabtronic - 2020-12-10

• First :  Thanks for this marvelllous software !
  • second : why this thread isn't pin in the "Supplementary Tools for Kodi" beside ember media manager (also great software) ? because he really deserves it !
  • third : little suggestion --> a way to convert an online movie to an offline movie. For example instead to remove it from the library when the link is broken a pop up could ask "should I create a stub movie in the offline directory ?"
I'm still looking for connecting the android device with this software. I'm not desesper to find a solution. If you are in contact with the dev who made this part of code I'd like to ask him how...

Well I really love this software. Thanks again to help the collectionnist maniac that I am. You changed my life !

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Croftman - 2020-12-11

Just had 60 movies that already existed in the database, old movies change their date added and create date to todays date on rescan. Checked with previous version which is still on drive and the dates are correct, but obviously if i refresh it will change to the new dates. Anybody got any ideas. Is there anyway of correcting this with the previous database which is only a few days old.
Can somebody please help, manually adjusted all dates messed up in 3.7.5.0 reverted back to 3.7.4.9 and did a rescan and it said it was updating 146 movies that had already been scanned and changing them to today's date again.
Looks like nfo from one movie is being copied to another movie, so they same nfo is in the directory of two films and thus media companion is updating the one that has changed.

Took me several hours to put this right. Approx 200 movies had their nfos overwritten by others in the database. Some were put right by a new search, but about 50 had to be manually "change movie" to correct. Also all movies date added are still messed up because of the rescan.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - rev105 - 2020-12-14

Hey developers, Thanks for making and maintaining this program!

Can you please make a tool like the Create date fix for the date added field in the NFO?

I am updating Kodi for the first time in several years and they are now looking at the NFO for date added if you use the advanced settings date added video library setting instead of the create date of the video file.   

Thanks,
Troy

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-12-16

(2020-12-14, 00:46)rev105 Wrote: Hey developers, Thanks for making and maintaining this program!

Can you please make a tool like the Create date fix for the date added field in the NFO?

I am updating Kodi for the first time in several years and they are now looking at the NFO for date added if you use the advanced settings date added video library setting instead of the create date of the video file.   

Thanks,
Troy

Thats an excellent idea, and I will incorporate it into MC, but I need to fix the blunder I did first.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - rev105 - 2020-12-17

(2020-12-16, 10:30)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-12-14, 00:46)rev105 Wrote: Hey developers, Thanks for making and maintaining this program!

Thanks,
Troy

Thats an excellent idea, and I will incorporate it into MC, but I need to fix the blunder I did first.
I am thrilled that this idea has support. May I suggest also making a couple of settings for a couple of different ways of coming up with a date added when adding a new nfo to a movie with MC? 

The first option would obviously be to use the date that you are adding the movie. 
The second option would be to use the create date of the movie file. 
The third option would be to use some predetermined amount of time like around 6 months after whatever the premiered date is for that movie.

Instead of or in addition to having a tool it would be nice to be able to rescrape 1 or all selected following one of the above-selected rules.

Thanks,
Troy