Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-10, 20:54)Zxurian Wrote: roger.

New odd bug, trying to download a season 02 poster, and got the following error - http://gyazo.com/20aae8127535a6271eef7d4132ae375d

only happens with that image selected. the other images from season 02 download fine.

Just did a test as per the image you supplied, couldn't reproduce the issue.
What I suggest is in the MC folder, there is a cache folder. While MC is closed, delete all files in the Cache folder, restart MC and try to change the poster again.

Let us know.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote:

New odd bug, trying to download a season 02 poster, and got the following error - http://gyazo.com/20aae8127535a6271eef7d4132ae375d

only happens with that image selected. the other images from season 02 download fine.

What I suggest is in the MC folder, there is a cache folder. While MC is closed, delete all files in the Cache folder, restart MC and try to change the poster again.

Let us know.

i have this issue before btw.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 16:00)eroz Wrote: Hi i just started using MC and am liking it so far but I have a question on some things I haven't been able to figure out.

I have a movie, Khan Kluay 2, which came as 2 vcd's. I rip'ed them and have them labeled as "Khan Kluay 2 [CD1].mkv" and "Khan Kluay 2 [CD2].mkv", but MC changes the second part to a different movie and I have been unsuccessful in figuring out how to see them as just one movie. Same issue with the dvd movie of "Once Upon A Time in America".

The other issue I have is how to delete sets. I've tried removing the movies that were in the wrong set name for me and put them in the set name I wanted. But then when I tried to delete the empty set. It said that the current movie was using the set. So I'm not sure how to delete wrong set names.

Thanks!

We try to answer as quick as possible, but sometimes I don't get notification of new posts to this thread.

As for you multi-part movie. I see possible problems. with it's a sequel for one, and [CD2}
I'd suggest tweaking the name to "Khan Kluay 2-part1.mkv" and "Khan Kluay 2-part1.mkv"

And yes, there is an issue that if you add a movie set to MC, it can't be removed.

I'll add that to the To Do List also.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 19:27)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 16:00)eroz Wrote: Hi i just started using MC and am liking it so far but I have a question on some things I haven't been able to figure out.

I have a movie, Khan Kluay 2, which came as 2 vcd's. I rip'ed them and have them labeled as "Khan Kluay 2 [CD1].mkv" and "Khan Kluay 2 [CD2].mkv", but MC changes the second part to a different movie and I have been unsuccessful in figuring out how to see them as just one movie. Same issue with the dvd movie of "Once Upon A Time in America".

The other issue I have is how to delete sets. I've tried removing the movies that were in the wrong set name for me and put them in the set name I wanted. But then when I tried to delete the empty set. It said that the current movie was using the set. So I'm not sure how to delete wrong set names.

Thanks!

We try to answer as quick as possible, but sometimes I don't get notification of new posts to this thread.

As for you multi-part movie. I see possible problems. with it's a sequel for one, and [CD2}
I'd suggest tweaking the name to "Khan Kluay 2-part1.mkv" and "Khan Kluay 2-part1.mkv"

And yes, there is an issue that if you add a movie set to MC, it can't be removed.

I'll add that to the To Do List also.
i also use "moviename-disk1 and it works aswell.

(2013-02-11, 19:23)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote:

Let us know.

Was thinking maybe a corruption in cache file/sHuh not sure. but worth a try. Or it could be TMDB site issue. LOL. Yeah, I'll blame them. LOL

(2013-02-11, 19:29)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 19:23)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote: Just did a test as per the image you supplied, couldn't reproduce the issue.

Let us know.

Was thinking maybe a corruption in cache file/sHuh not sure. but worth a try. Or it could be TMDB site issue. LOL. Yeah, I'll blame them. LOL

LOL, Stiop giving me notifications Big Grin

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-11

okay, so given the issues with some .nfo's crashing, I decided to start over. deleted all tvshow.nfo files from all of my directories.

Added a Root folder, and added shows from TV, saved, and it went through and added all the TV Shows.
Now, Under TV Preferences -> General I had the following options set
Download TV Show poster/banner - UNCHECKED
Download TV Show Fanart - UNCHECKED
Download Season Thumbs - UNCHECKED
Download season-all.tbn - NONE
Download TV Show Thumbnails - Poster

After MC finished scraping, I saw that it had populated all of my directories with seasonXX-banner.jpg even though I had all of the options unset for that.

Going through and deleting all of them now.

--------

It also looks like it added season posters for seasons that I didn't have yet.
ex. I only have \Season 01, & \Season 02, but it downloaded a season03-poster.jpg into the directory.
--------
as well as also downloading a season-specials-poster.jpg when I didn't have \Specials directory for that show.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-11

and it looks like on shows that came up unverified after scrapping, it also overwrite the pre-existing artwork that I had there.

I know that it at least overwrite "poster.jpg" with a new one.

(2013-02-11, 20:33)Zxurian Wrote: okay, so given the issues with some .nfo's crashing, I decided to start over. deleted all tvshow.nfo files from all of my directories.

Added a Root folder, and added shows from TV, saved, and it went through and added all the TV Shows.

After MC finished scraping, I saw that it had populated all of my directories with seasonXX-banner.jpg even though I had all of the options unset for that.

--------

ex. I only have \Season 01, & \Season 02, but it downloaded a season03-poster.jpg into the directory.
--------
as well as also downloading a season-specials-poster.jpg when I didn't have \Specials directory for that show.

what was this on?
General Preferences > General > Bottom of page.
(2013-02-11, 20:44)Zxurian Wrote: and it looks like on shows that came up unverified after scrapping, it also overwrite the pre-existing artwork that I had there.

I know that it at least overwrite "poster.jpg" with a new one.

Did you have this checked?

(2013-02-11, 20:33)Zxurian Wrote: okay, so given the issues with some .nfo's crashing, I decided to start over. deleted all tvshow.nfo files from all of my directories.

--------

--------

OK, well that is a bug. I'll add to the To Do List. seems it ignoring the settings.

As for scraping seasons and specials that you don't have, that's normal. MC gets any and all artwork that is available. Means if you do add that extra season, it doesn't need to find the poster/banner, same for specials folder.

@fma It's definitely a bug. BUT, I want to wait till HueyHQ's had a chance to check out a glitch I've got in this same area. Once that's sorted, I'll plan to go through is area cleaning up the logic some more.

(2013-02-11, 20:57)fma965 Wrote: what was this on?

Did you have this checked?
(2013-02-11, 20:59)vbat99 Wrote: OK, well that is a bug. I'll add to the To Do List. seems it ignoring the settings.
Yes, I have Frodo & Onward set, and "Don't overwrite existing artwork" was unchecked. If it's any help, it doesn't look like it overwrote image for shows that it was able to lookup on tvdb/imdb (shows that it found an exact match for). Only shows that popped up with a ? or ! when it couldn't find an exact match.

(2013-02-11, 20:59)vbat99 Wrote: As for scraping seasons and specials that you don't have, that's normal. MC gets any and all artwork that is available. Means if you do add that extra season, it doesn't need to find the poster/banner, same for specials folder.
Can this be turned into an option? I can see the usefulness of it, but in some cases (like mine), I'd rather not have it download images ahead of time, especially if I'm never going to end up using them.

(2013-02-11, 21:59)Zxurian Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 20:59)vbat99 Wrote: OK, well that is a bug. I'll add to the To Do List. seems it ignoring the settings.
Yes, I have Frodo & Onward set, and "Don't overwrite existing artwork" was unchecked. If it's any help, it doesn't look like it overwrote image for shows that it was able to lookup on tvdb/imdb (shows that it found an exact match for). Only shows that popped up with a ? or ! when it couldn't find an exact match.

(2013-02-11, 20:59)vbat99 Wrote: As for scraping seasons and specials that you don't have, that's normal. MC gets any and all artwork that is available. Means if you do add that extra season, it doesn't need to find the poster/banner, same for specials folder.
Can this be turned into an option? I can see the usefulness of it, but in some cases (like mine), I'd rather not have it download images ahead of time, especially if I'm never going to end up using them.

So it overwrote only shows it couldn't match or were unverified? So you left artwork in the folder and just deleted the nfo? Then rescraped the TVShow? OK, just read back some posts and I understand.

There are two options to fix nfo's. One is in Batch Rescrape Wizard, to re-write all nfo's. Now, you can lock those shows that are OK, so the wizard only runs over the shows you want to fix.
Two. Right click the affected show and select "Rescrape TvShow". This will Rescrape the nfo fresh from TheTvDb.

Not sure if we can set an option for only scrape season artwork if season exists, as this routine is called before any episodes are scraped. If episodes existed but were's scraped, then the program wouldn't scrape anything.

May add to Feature Request, but it'll be down the line some. First have to get everything else working smoothly.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-11, 22:12)vbat99 Wrote:
So it overwrote only shows it couldn't match or were unverified?  So you left artwork in the folder and just deleted the nfo? Then rescraped the TVShow?  OK, just read back some posts and I understand.
Actually, gonna have to update this. I think it overwrote all poster.jpgs inside the directories. Hard to tell because some were the same (or very simliar) to what I had before, but I always try to get posters without branding on them, and some have branding on them (including ones it scraped on an exact match), so I'm thinking it overwrote all of the, just in some cases, it overwrote it with the same image.

(2013-02-11, 22:12)vbat99 Wrote:
Not sure if we can set an option for only scrape season artwork if season exists, as this routine is called before any episodes are scraped.  If episodes existed but were's scraped, then the program wouldn't scrape anything.

May add to Feature Request, but it'll be down the line some.  First have to get everything else working smoothly.
Feature request is fine, and I was more referring to the option of not downloading posters period. (Which I thought I had everything unchecked to NOT do. You can check my last few posts to see if I missed anything.) I manually go through afterwards so I can pick exactly what artwork I want, so I'd rather just have it not download anything period except populate the .nfo.

(2013-02-11, 22:12)vbat99 Wrote: There are two options to fix nfo's. One is in Batch Rescrape Wizard, to re-write all nfo's. Now, you can lock those shows that are OK, so the wizard only runs over the shows you want to fix.
Two. Right click the affected show and select "Rescrape TvShow". This will Rescrape the nfo fresh from TheTvDb.
I'll remember the Batch rescrape for the future if I ever need it. My issue was that MC was crashing on certain pre-existing .nfo's, so rather than try and go through and see which ones MC crashed on, I just deleted them all and had it find everything fresh again.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-12, 01:50)Zxurian Wrote: Actually, gonna have to update this. I think it overwrote all poster.jpgs inside the directories. Hard to tell because some were the same (or very simliar) to what I had before, but I always try to get posters without branding on them, and some have branding on them (including ones it scraped on an exact match), so I'm thinking it overwrote all of the, just in some cases, it overwrote it with the same image.

Feature request is fine, and I was more referring to the option of not downloading posters period. (Which I thought I had everything unchecked to NOT do. You can check my last few posts to see if I missed anything.) I manually go through afterwards so I can pick exactly what artwork I want, so I'd rather just have it not download anything period except populate the .nfo.

I'll remember the Batch rescrape for the future if I ever need it. My issue was that MC was crashing on certain pre-existing .nfo's, so rather than try and go through and see which ones MC crashed on, I just deleted them all and had it find everything fresh again.

Well, HueyHQ has fixed some of the scraping area, though Batch Rescrape still downloads the artwork, but this will be fixed in the next release.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-12, 01:55)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 01:50)Zxurian Wrote: Actually, gonna have to update this. I think it overwrote all poster.jpgs inside the directories. Hard to tell because some were the same (or very simliar) to what I had before, but I always try to get posters without branding on them, and some have branding on them (including ones it scraped on an exact match), so I'm thinking it overwrote all of the, just in some cases, it overwrote it with the same image.

Well, HueyHQ has fixed some of the scraping area, though Batch Rescrape still downloads the artwork, but this will be fixed in the next release.

not sure if it's the same method or not, but I didn't explicity use "Batch Rescrape" command. I added folders as roots, then Added TV Show folders from Roots, hit [Save], then let it find/scrape everything.