Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-01-12

(2023-01-12, 02:15)Edworld Wrote: vbat99.

Related to tvshow naming, I currently have all my episodes files named S01E01 and would like to name the files to:

Lie to Me (2009) S01E01.

Can MC help me rename all files?

Thanks
In Tv Preferences, there is an option to name the file Show Title S01E01 Episode title.
So for you to would be
Lie to Me (2009) - S01E01 - Pilot

Not sure if the year is included in the Show Title.

I do plan to rework the Episode renaming to be similar to options available for Movie Renaming, but it is taking the back burner at present.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-01-13

New Release.
Media Companion 3.758 V2
Date: 2023-01-13

Version 2
Same download location

New requested options, couple of bugs squashed.

Changes:
  • TV - Episode had runtime saved twice.
  • TV - Match downsize poster/fanart to movie menu dropdown order.
  • TV - Fix display Series ID for correct source when selecting a season.
  • TV - IF on Tv Webbrowser tab, right click to change tvdb, imdb, tmdb will refresh browser to newly selected source.
  • TV - Add Size, Season number and Episode number to overlay of Fanart image.
  • TV - Completed get missing episode data from TMDB for TMDB scraped series.
  • HomeMovie - Change Year node to Premiered.
  • MC - Final fix changing Profiles updated selected filters.
    New in V2 - 2023-01-13
  • Movies - If OS is Win 7, in Change Movie tab disable TMDb search. Currently unable to load TMDB page within MC on Windows 7 OS.
  • Movie - If on Movie Webbrowser tab, right click to change Imdb,Tmdb will refresh browser to newly selected source.
  • MC - Updated Youtube download helper.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.758b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2023-01-13

vbat99,

In a prior version I created a profile tab. What file do I need to copy over to have that profile tab available in the newest version?

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-01-13

(2023-01-13, 02:17)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

In a prior version I created a profile tab. What file do I need to copy over to have that profile tab available in the newest version?

Thanks

If you mean you have multiple profiles, one option is to copy over the Settings folder (and all contents) from previous MC to this new version. Bonus is you don't have to reload everything for the new version of Media Companion.

If you only have two profiles, you may be able to copy of all the cache files in Settings folder, with the suffix number 1, but you also need to copy the profile.xml as this will identify the second profile.
Default profile are all files in Settings folder without a numbered suffix.

Hope this helps.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-01-17

New Release.
Media Companion 3.759b
Date: 2023-01-17

New requested options, couple more of bugs squashed.

Changes:
  • MusicVideo - Fix scrape Concert.
  • Movie - Update MovieSetCache from MovieSetDatabase if MovieSetCache entry is dirty.
  • MC - Fix overlay foldersize overlay than I broke.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.759b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2023-02-02

What do I do if the movie title is so long that "-trailer" can't be added?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-02-02

(2023-02-02, 04:50)artistwantab Wrote: What do I do if the movie title is so long that "-trailer" can't be added?

Good question.

But long filenames are supported in Media Companion, so unsure what title could be so long as to cause an issue.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2023-02-03

Where The Devil Can't Go, He Sends A Woman 2 (2023) (1080).mp4

Never mind though because it now works.  Weird

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Rastan - 2023-02-05

Hi,

I noticed when scraping some movies the plot seems to be different from what on IMDB website. The plot scraped seems to be a review rather than plot for me. At first I didn't mind. But after I noticed for some the reviews are negative and not helpful. Now for nearly every movie I scrape I have to manually copy and paste the actual plot. Not sure if its a setting that has changed or a bug.

Here is an example. Notice the plot differences from the IMDB site.

Plot scraped with MC

Actual plot on IMDB site

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-02-05

Somethings changed on IMDb, since the Select button is not working either. I will investigate.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Rastan - 2023-02-06

Thank you, much appreciated! Laugh

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Juan Mortyme - 2023-02-06

@vbat99 

After paying closer attention for my last few rounds of scaping new material I have narrowed down the circumstances that lead to the appearance of a bug that I first noticed 2 or 3 updates ago, where in, all actors are duplicated as writers (credits). This happens consistently but only when scraping adult content from TMDb This does not occur with general content movies or tv shows on TMDb. Nor does it happen when scraping from IMDB or TVDB. Only adult movies scraped from TMDb trigger this odd behavior.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-02-06

(2023-02-06, 00:15)Rastan Wrote: Thank you, much appreciated! Laugh

Fix will be in place for the next release.

Please note, in MC you can choose to have the largest plot, or the primary plot. Also, on IMDb, extra plots are known as Summaries, so yes, they do sometime come out looking like a synposis. Nothing I can do about that.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-02-06

(2023-02-06, 09:13)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @vbat99 

After paying closer attention for my last few rounds of scaping new material I have narrowed down the circumstances that lead to the appearance of a bug that I first noticed 2 or 3 updates ago, where in, all actors are duplicated as writers (credits). This happens consistently but only when scraping adult content from TMDb This does not occur with general content movies or tv shows on TMDb. Nor does it happen when scraping from IMDB or TVDB. Only adult movies scraped from TMDb trigger this odd behavior.

PM me a title or two and I will get this sorted.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Rastan - 2023-02-06

Understood. Thanks for everything you are doing and have done. I look forward to the update Smile