Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Levi59 - 2023-06-28

Great thanks ^^

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-07-02

New Release.
Media Companion 3.762b
Date: 2023-07-02

Fixes and functionality changes for this release.

Changes:
  • TV - When using F2 Manual series add, show Poster not banner.
  • Movie - Fix Fanart.TV language of images returned.
  • Movie - Fix if user has poster.jpg instead of <moviename>-poster.jpg.
  • Movie - Fix export order to csv if out of order movies selected.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.762b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Levi59 - 2023-07-11

Hi! Sorry for the delay...

Problem not solved for the French poster (actual poster is now displayed in main browser though) and i have another problems Rofl
In the poster tab, there's the "no posters found for this movie" that remain and if i scrape a movie, it only scrape english data and not french... but if i do a rescrape only on plot, i get the french one. Heres my folder and main Browser tab and my scraper tab preference options...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2023-07-13

Hi @vbat99,
I haven't used Media Companion in a while.
I use to get ratings like this after scraping:

Now I'm getting this:
My settings are like this:
Why is this greyed out?
Is this why I'm not getting the Metacritic and Tomatometer ratings any more?
Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-07-15

(2023-07-11, 20:20)Levi59 Wrote: Hi! Sorry for the delay...

Problem not solved for the French poster (actual poster is now displayed in main browser though) and i have another problems Rofl
In the poster tab, there's the "no posters found for this movie" that remain and if i scrape a movie, it only scrape english data and not french... but if i do a rescrape only on plot, i get the french one. Heres my folder and main Browser tab and my scraper tab preference options...

I will look into this, apologies for delay in replying. Real life getting in the way LOL.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-07-15

(2023-07-13, 13:04)JanM201 Wrote: Hi @vbat99,
I haven't used Media Companion in a while.
I use to get ratings like this after scraping:

Now I'm getting this:
My settings are like this:
Why is this greyed out?
Is this why I'm not getting the Metacritic and Tomatometer ratings any more?
Any help would be appreciated.

You need a OMDBAPI key set in Preferences -> Common tab, once a key is set, then the options in Movie Preferences Scraper tab will be enabled.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2023-07-16

Hi @vbat99,
Thanks for responding Rofl
I totally forgot about the key that I need to insert.
I did that and this is what I'm getting now:

Tomato Critics there there is no actual votes. Also, Metacritic is still not scraping.
Any ideas what the problem could be?
Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-07-16

Its been a minute since I last looked at the code for ratings, and I see there is an issue with IMDb passing back Metacritic data.

I will have to investigate and get this fixed.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2023-07-16

Thanks very much Rofl

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-07-17

(2023-07-11, 20:20)Levi59 Wrote: Hi! Sorry for the delay...

Looked into this, and you may need to reset your languages.
Try changing all languages to English, then click apply and close, then go back into preferences and change them back to French.

Good luck

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-07-17

PS - there is actually a Image language fix in place for the next release, you may need to wait for the next release of MC to fix this issue.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2023-08-20

If I make changes to file already in my database and I strip or add sub-titles from the MKV file... can I have MC rebuild the nfo file without changing any of the other existing information?
I have some files I need to do this to but don't want it changing my genres, plots etc. if it re-scrapes.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Juan Mortyme - 2023-08-21

(2023-08-20, 17:07)huttdes Wrote: If I make changes to file already in my database and I strip or add sub-titles from the MKV file... can I have MC rebuild the nfo file without changing any of the other existing information?
I have some files I need to do this to but don't want it changing my genres, plots etc. if it re-scrapes.
@huttdes

Right click on the title and select Rescrape Specific>Media Tags.

It's always a good idea to backup your .nfo, art and actor files first in case something goes wrong or you accidently select the wrong option.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - scott967 - 2023-09-05

Q as regards the movie filter.  I notice if I select a specific "tag" in the filter, I get all tags with the selected as a substring so selecting "subs" I get "subs" and "subsc" tags whereas I expect just "subs".  I think I tested some other text string filters and got similar results.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-09-07

Hi Scott

I'll look into that, as well as fixing scraping data from IMDb which has broken...again.