Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-02-18

Just thought I'd pass along my findings. Appreciate all the work. Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-18

He He, maybe I was over eager in releasing with this option. I suggest for Movies, have both option set, until we can get the artwork displayed for Frodo. Also working on the PosterTab saving in correct format also.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - scott967 - 2013-02-18

First, thanks for the continuing betas. MC is coming along nicely.

On my TV shows, I typically have a folder.jpg, season01.tbn and sometimes a season-all.tbn, all of these are posters but in MC it doesn't show the poster. I can rename folder.jpg to poster.jpg and then it shows, but what is MC supposed to show for the poster? Also, the "poster" tab doesn't seem to be working right. After I renamed the art for one tv show to poster.jpg, that's all that shows up on the "poster" tab regardless of what tv show is selected, and changing "select source" from main to season 01 and season all doesn't seem to make any difference.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-18, 23:15)scott967 Wrote: First, thanks for the continuing betas. MC is coming along nicely.

On my TV shows, I typically have a folder.jpg, season01.tbn and sometimes a season-all.tbn, all of these are posters but in MC it doesn't show the poster. I can rename folder.jpg to poster.jpg and then it shows, but what is MC supposed to show for the poster? Also, the "poster" tab doesn't seem to be working right. After I renamed the art for one tv show to poster.jpg, that's all that shows up on the "poster" tab regardless of what tv show is selected, and changing "select source" from main to season 01 and season all doesn't seem to make any difference.

scott s.
Now, I assume your tv show is scraped with Pre-Frodo selected, to get the folder.jpg, season01.tbn etc.?

And it looks like your trying to have Frodo artwork as well?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - KidKiwi - 2013-02-19

Love the "Refresh All" button in the latest release. Much appreciated.

Seems the IMDB scraper has changed again - getting multple scraping errors with, director, credits, studio and stars.

I'm back using 3543b and it only has a problem with tags around the studio field and no credit return.

Appreciate the efforts.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-19

Thanks for the Head's up. Will get that looked into ASAP.

Cheers

Emergency Release MC3.547b

Fixed - IMDB change, Movie Scraping some field not scraped correctly.
Fixed - Movie Poster Displayed if Frodo artwork scraped.
Fixed - Movie - Poster Tab saves as Frodo artwork if Frodo or Both selected.

Known issues:
  • Movie - Frodo DVD folder structure artwork.
  • TV - select some episodes, close and open MC, episodes selected no longer in Main Browser. Refresh TV Shows, returns missing episode back into Main Browser.
  • Delay in cancelling changes in Preferences. Caused by large volume of TV Shows. Work in progress.
  • XBMC TMDB scraper still not functioning correctly. Please use MC's built in TMDB scraper.
  • XBMC IMDB scraper not functioning. Correctly. Currently disabled.
  • XBMC TVDb scraper not functioning correctly. Please use MC's build in TVDb scraper.
  • Movies & TV - Frodo actors, actors for Frodo must be jpg extension.
  • Movie Pref>Advanced> Download Actors. This function is currently disabled due to not updated to latest scraper and nfo writing.
  • TV - Multi-episode not listing in TVShow - Main browser. These are scraped and nfo is written correcly, but not displayed in TV Main Browser correctly.
  • Log Full/Brief not functioning.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - scott967 - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 01:01)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 23:15)scott967 Wrote: First, thanks for the continuing betas. MC is coming along nicely.

scott s.
Now, I assume your tv show is scraped with Pre-Frodo selected, to get the folder.jpg, season01.tbn etc.?

And it looks like your trying to have Frodo artwork as well?

The TV Shows were scraped in the past with earlier version of MC. I'm not trying to get Frodo artwork, just looking at the "main browser" display, and in the "posters" display within 3.5.4.2/3.5.4.3 . The TVShow posters show as expected in XBMC 12 (Confluence).

scott s.

Well, XBMC 12, is Frodo, so it is looking for Frodo Artwork.

Best set MC to Frodo or Both, and r-click a show, select find missing artwork.
Can't have Pre-frodo and try to save one Frodo image.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - KidKiwi - 2013-02-20

I need some input on what "Artwork Version" setting to use. I'm currently using Eden, but will be upgrading once my skin is updated. I've read that Frodo is backwards compatible, but would still like some input.

Thx.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - KidKiwi - 2013-02-20

Just tried the latest version. Great turnaround by the way.

Couple of things I noticed....

1. Scraping the movie "Monsters" didn't return a "Credits field" even though it's listed on IMDB.

2. Scraping the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" returned in the "Credits field" the same writer twice "Eric Roth, Eric Roth.

3. Using "Rescrape Specific" causes the program to default to the top of the list again (instead of staying on the currently selected movie).

4. The "Studio field" is returning more than one Studio - while previous versions only returned one (preferred).

I have to say again....LOVE that "Refresh All" button! Not sure I've ever had a suggestion acted on so quickly. Really appreciated.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 01:20)KidKiwi Wrote: I need some input on what "Artwork Version" setting to use. I'm currently using Eden, but will be upgrading once my skin is updated. I've read that Frodo is backwards compatible, but would still like some input.

Thx.

In that case, use Both option. You'll be ready for Frodo when you decide to upgrade. Minimal extra space for the artwork. You can batch wizard and search for missing artwork, that will populate your current shows, with Frodo artwork.

Then, when you've changed to Frodo, just select Frodo in MC.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 01:35)KidKiwi Wrote: Just tried the latest version. Great turnaround by the way.

Couple of things I noticed....

1. Scraping the movie "Monsters" didn't return a "Credits field" even though it's listed on IMDB.

2. Scraping the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" returned in the "Credits field" the same writer twice "Eric Roth, Eric Roth.

3. Using "Rescrape Specific" causes the program to default to the top of the list again (instead of staying on the currently selected movie).

4. The "Studio field" is returning more than one Studio - while previous versions only returned one (preferred).

I have to say again....LOVE that "Refresh All" button! Not sure I've ever had a suggestion acted on so quickly. Really appreciated.

Checked and Credits field & studio field are getting mucked up.

Noted Rescrape loses focus to top of list. Added to To Do list.

(2013-02-20, 03:27)vbat99 Wrote: In that case, use Both option. You'll be ready for Frodo when you decide to upgrade. Minimal extra space for the artwork. You can batch wizard and search for missing artwork, that will populate your current shows, with Frodo artwork.

Then, when you've changed to Frodo, just select Frodo in MC.

So MC saves the images with different names under Frodo. Is that correct. Thx for the help.

Yes, artwork for Eden and Frodo are named slightly different, as well as for Frodo, some extra artwork is available.

Season art now has -poster.jpg or -banner.jpg as well as
season-all-poster, season-all-banner & season-all-fanart.
TV Show has
Folder
Poster
Banner & Fanart All as jpg (they've dropped tbn)
and Episodes now have -thumb,jpg ending.