Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - ironcross - 2013-03-06

(2013-03-04, 05:46)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 20:33)echo Wrote: Thank you for your continued work on this great program...

Most of the problems I've had have been addressed, except one: I am having trouble with multi-file movies.
I have tried ticking and unticking "Determines how ancillary files for multi-part movies are labelled" and the problem remains. Specifically, I have some older movies in the library which have already been scraped by XBMC and their nfos created (without the CD1, CD2 parts) but MC doesn't recognize these and creates new nfos for them... eg:

name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.CD1-KiNESiS
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.CD2-KiNESiS
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD-KiNESiS.nfo [exists but not seen by MC]

and

another.movie.2009.DVDRip.AC3.German.XviD.CD1-PP-Elite
another.movie.2009.DVDRip.AC3.German.XviD.CD2-PP-Elite
another.movie.2009.DVDRip.AC3.German.XviD-PP-Elite.nfo [exists but not seen by MC]

I have some 20 such movies with the same problem. I presume MC expects the "CDx" part to be the last in the string and that's why it isn't working, but I prefer to keep the original names as it is needed for finding subtitles etc..
Are you able to make this multi-file identification more flexible, or is the only fix for me to rename all such movies?

Thanks!

Right, Move your CD1 and CD2 to the end of the video filename

So should looklike
Code:
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.KiNESiS-CD1.avi
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.KiNESiS-CD2.avi
( I put avi as example of file extension only)

There are some parts of the filename that may need to be added to Clean Filename Settings under Movie Preferences>Advanced.
I would add "Proper", "DVDRiP", "XviD" and "KiNESiS", just to make sure MC will scrape it correctly.

Give it a go.

(2013-03-03, 18:04)ironcross Wrote: I have my TV shows ripped to individual episode folders containing DVD folder structure. In old versions of MC it would correctly scan everything and just create an nfo file for the VIDEO_TS file of each episode. Now a scan produces nfo files for every single VOB and IFO file. This results in multiples of each episode being listed. Is there a setting I am missing or is this just a bug?

Episodes need to be either in their own VOB file, or multi episode VOB files, or Multiepisode ISO file.

ie: S01E01E02E03E04.VOB

Or ISO.

DVD Structure like with bup and ifo files, are not compatible with TV series. And I can confirm, never have. BUT, single VOB or ISO does work.

The individual DVD folder structure used to work in v3.4. I cataloged numerous shows with it. XBMC can handle the structure so why was it taken away?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - mard0g - 2013-03-06

I wish the Boxee Box development would keep up with XBMC since it is the gold standard for media playback. I know it's hard enough for MC devs to keep up with XBMC changes. I feel bad asking for features for older players/streamers.

Does it seem possible MC will be able to change the name of fanart after its already been created? Does anyone know how to do it in bulk rather than manually one by one?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-07

(2013-03-06, 02:49)mard0g Wrote: I wish the Boxee Box development would keep up with XBMC since it is the gold standard for media playback. I know it's hard enough for MC devs to keep up with XBMC changes. I feel bad asking for features for older players/streamers.

Does it seem possible MC will be able to change the name of fanart after its already been created? Does anyone know how to do it in bulk rather than manually one by one?

Sorry for not replying earlier, Use a program called Bulk Rename Utility. It's fantastic for doing stuff like this.

Still looking at adding fanart.jpg as an option, but only if All movies are in separate folders is selected.

Same may go for poster.jpg.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-08

Saving of Fanart as "fanart.jpg" is now coded into the next release of MC, not available just yet.

For this to work, either use foldernames for scraping, or All movies are in folders must be selected. Currently, <moviename>-fanart.jpg is also saved with the movie.

Adding of "poster.jpg" to folders may not make the next release.

Re: RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - fma965 - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-07, 22:13)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-03-06, 02:49)mard0g Wrote: I wish the Boxee Box development would keep up with XBMC since it is the gold standard for media playback. I know it's hard enough for MC devs to keep up with XBMC changes. I feel bad asking for features for older players/streamers.

Sorry for not replying earlier, Use a program called Bulk Rename Utility. It's fantastic for doing stuff like this.

Still looking at adding fanart.jpg as an option, but only if All movies are in separate folders is selected.

Same may go for poster.jpg.
oops Tapatalk fall delete

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - feerlessleadr - 2013-03-08

hi vbat99

thanks to you and all of the other MC devs for a great app.

I may have found a bug relating to the creation of episode screenshots. When I scrape new episodes using the actual application, if a screenshot is not available, it will auto-create. However, as I use mc_com to automatically add new episodes, i noticed that it is not automatically creating the screenshot when there is not one available from the tvdb.

Do you think that you could take a look and confirm if this is a bug? Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - scott967 - 2013-03-09

Having an exception in 3.5.4.9
Added file "Dr. Dolittle.mkv" as movie. Wrong title selected and used "change movie" tab to search IMDB and select correct title "Doctor Dolittle" and selected "go". Movie scraped correctly. Went to "posters" tab and selected "IMDB" exception thrown:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at imdb_thumbs.Class1.getimdbposters(String imdbid)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Button17_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The other poster art sites scraped OK, just IMDB had this problem.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-09

New Release out now!!!

Media Companion V3.551b is out.

Plenty of bug fixes, and a couple of new features.

Check it out in MC's Download page

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - ingeon - 2013-03-09

Hi vbat.

Thanks for adding this function, life saver.
On first run it appears to confuse movies and tvshows with this new function.

To generate:
Copy "I:\XBMC-apps\Dummiestestfiles\Movies" into Movies:Movie Folders:Manually add path to movie root folder
Added successfully under Movies:Folders:Movie Folders
Under TV Shows then run TV Shows:Check roots for new TV Shows.
"I:\XBMC-apps\Dummiestestfiles\Movies" now appears under TV Shows:List of Separate Folders.
(My movie folders now get listed under TV Shows, and MC places a tvshow.nfo file in the movie root folders)

Ps. Why are so many discussions and issues on codeplex just blank.
edit: Okay http://codeplex.codeplex.com/workitem/26679 (At least the RSS feed is working)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - fma965 - 2013-03-09

Media companion won't work

I add my tv shows to the list and it scans roots... finds show's but doesn't add them to the list.[/align]

Have you updated the TVDB stuff to remove www. from the url's as they recently changed it and a new version of xbmc TVDB was released without www. in the url's

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - jeanbraye - 2013-03-09

I just installed the latest version 3.551b, I'm really disappointed because in the list of films with the status icon watched / not watched disappeared :-(

Why is it that you removed?

I also noticed that in the tooltip of the summary list of films is no longer displayed now it's the movie name diplayed.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - scott967 - 2013-03-09

(2013-03-09, 02:33)scott967 Wrote: Having an exception in 3.5.4.9
Added file "Dr. Dolittle.mkv" as movie. Wrong title selected and used "change movie" tab to search IMDB and select correct title "Doctor Dolittle" and selected "go". Movie scraped correctly. Went to "posters" tab and selected "IMDB" exception thrown:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at imdb_thumbs.Class1.getimdbposters(String imdbid)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Button17_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The other poster art sites scraped OK, just IMDB had this problem.

Update:
Installed 3.551b and retested. Problem persists.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Bigmonty - 2013-03-10

I'm not sure I'm working this program correctly.

I added my TV shows folder (with all TV shows in their own sub folders). MC proceeded to scan and add the TV shows. A couple of days later I added a new TV show sub folder so I opened MC up expecting it to pick it up - nothing.

It does have the folder listed under "Folders" but any of the options under the TV Shows menu do not seem to do anything with regard to picking up this new show.

I have also tried "Search New" and "Refresh All". It just seems to be ignoring that new folder for some reason.

Any ideas or is the program broken?

Thanks

Edit - looking at it a bit more it's not just the new TV show that's being missed - about 40 of my 140 TV shows are missing from the TV show count but all of their folders are under the "Folders" tab?? Any ideas?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - BesterH - 2013-03-10

What version are you using? Make sure you are using the latest. The version before 3.5.5.1 couldn't add some shows because of actor scraping.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Bigmonty - 2013-03-10

Yes using 3.5.5.1.

On another look it seems to be picking up only the TV shows that have a tvshow.nfo file in their directory. Any that don't it seems to be missing out?

I thought that part of the idea of this program was that it would generate a tvshow.nfo file for me?