Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-10

(2013-04-10, 22:01)Zxurian Wrote: hey Huey, I have another request to add into the html template vars

Can you add a <<date_added>> var? (date the move was added to the database)

Might be better to ask in Codeplex discussion, as emails from XBMC are not coming through very often. I'll email him your request.

So the reload on the tools drop list worked for you??

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-04-10

As per discussion (yup, I still refer to it - I must write up these functions!) https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/discussions/437126#post1019137 :

Quote:createdate is the date field inserted when the NFO is first created
dateformat is a standard date format eg. yyyyMMddHHmmss (ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8kb3ddd4%28v=vs.100%29.aspx)
separator can be one of space|colon|slash|dash if an underscore is present in date format.
(hint: you can get 30-Jan-2012 08:49 with <<nfo:createdate:dd_MMM_yyyy:dash>><<nfo:createdate:HH_ss:colon>>, no non-alphanumeric characters allowed in tag which is why we need to specify the separator)
Oh, and let me know if I've misconstrued what you've asked for.

Cheers,
Huey

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - echo - 2013-04-11

Hi, why has support for poster.jpg for movies in folders been removed? It worked fine with previous versions of MC...now no posters are showing up...

My naming convention for movies is:
movies\moviename\moviename.avi
movies\moviename\moviename-fanart.jpg
movies\moviename\poster.jpg

This adheres perfectly to XBMC's naming convention as stated here ...since XBMC suppoorts it, it would be great if MC could support it too... AND also write posters as poster.jpg instead of moviename-poster.jpg....I think I requested this earlier..

Thanks and keep up with the great work! Blush

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-11, 19:38)echo Wrote: Hi, why has support for poster.jpg for movies in folders been removed? It worked fine with previous versions of MC...now no posters are showing up...

My naming convention for movies is:
movies\moviename\poster.jpg

This adheres perfectly to XBMC's naming convention as stated here ...since XBMC suppoorts it, it would be great if MC could support it too... AND also write posters as poster.jpg instead of moviename-poster.jpg....I think I requested this earlier..

Thanks and keep up with the great work! Blush

I'm sorry, but where exactly in your link am I suppose to look for.

In your example, you have your movies in folders, which give you the option to have
movies\moviename\moviename-poster.jpg
or
movies\moviename\folder.jpg
movies\moviename\fanart.jpg

All which works with XBMC 11 & 12

I can add the option for poster.jpg as well, but seriously, XBMC is already covered in naming conventions for artwork. As it is now, MC outputs correctly for XBMC.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-10, 22:01)Zxurian Wrote: hey Huey, I have another request to add into the html template vars

Can you add a <<date_added>> var? (date the move was added to the database)
Hi Zxurian,
I have just made a slight change to <<title>> regarding articles; they are now <<title[:none|append|article]>> where [article] returns only the article if it exists, otherwise just blank.
This could be useful in a database where the title and the article are stored in different fields, eg:
[title] -> <<title:none>>
[title_prefix] -> <<title:article]>>
Currently, only "The" is considered an article but I think in the future we could give the user the choice to include "An" and/or "A" via Preferences.

Also, a slight change to <<nfo:runtime>> where it now only returns the integer; the legacy <<runtime>> still has "min" appended to it.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - StJohnny22 - 2013-04-12

Hey guys, ive searched around and couldnt seem to find an answer so here I am.

Im trying to set up an automated renaming and scraping system for my htpc.
so far i have my "media dump" folder being watched with event ghost and opening theRenamer to take care of the file name and move the media to its proper folder (movies)

from there I have event ghost watching the movies folder for an update - and when it finds one it is to open Media Companion and search for new movies to scrape... this is where the problem happens.

i couldnt figure out why i kept getting the error "xbmc media companion is already running"
so i closed everything and opened MC while watching the log in event ghost.

MC creates a temp file upon launch in the movies folder for half a second. this causes the "Scrape" macro to activate (again) because the temp file is technically updating the movies folder

So my question is, is there anyway to have MC:
not write the temp file at all? (if not needed)
write the temp file in common temp data folder?
be automated with eventghost?

ive seen python script but dont understand it that well and wouldnt feel comfortable jeopardizing my media by writing it myself or blindly copying and pasting it into even ghost.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-12

Easiest way is to run the command-line mc.com.exe with -m

I figure you have Media Companion already set to scrape specific movie folder? If so, then why not get event ghost to run
"mc_com.exe -m" This is a lot faster as MC gui isn't loaded, the folder is scanned and scraped and the moviecache.xml is updated.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - StJohnny22 - 2013-04-12

thanks for the response
, that did better though now my problem rests with every new scrape file created (actors,poster, fanart) for each movie the scrape runs again
before the other files are done. (actors causes movies folder to update, and while the original scan is still going about 6 more cmd windows pop up until cmd crashes.

(this might be getting off topic and i might have to go to the event ghost forum, but thought others might have the same issue with MC. )

thanks again

EDIT -- never mind. simply checked the "wait for application to terminate before proceeding" box.

thanks for the help vbat, youre a lifesaver

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - echo - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-11, 20:18)vbat99 Wrote: I'm sorry, but where exactly in your link am I suppose to look for.
Yeah I see now, the link gets mangled a bit when posted...
Basically, its section 1.8 of that page, titled "How should local images be named for Frodo?" (note that folder.jpg is not on the recommended list). Anyways, its not a big deal....if you could support poster.jpg it would be appreciated, if not, I can work around it.

Thanks in any case.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-12, 10:36)StJohnny22 Wrote: thanks for the response
, that did better though now my problem rests with every new scrape file created (actors,poster, fanart) for each movie the scrape runs again
before the other files are done. (actors causes movies folder to update, and while the original scan is still going about 6 more cmd windows pop up until cmd crashes.

(this might be getting off topic and i might have to go to the event ghost forum, but thought others might have the same issue with MC. )

thanks again

EDIT -- never mind. simply checked the "wait for application to terminate before proceeding" box.

thanks for the help vbat, youre a lifesaver

Glad to have helped.

(2013-04-12, 18:37)echo Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 20:18)vbat99 Wrote: I'm sorry, but where exactly in your link am I suppose to look for.
Yeah I see now, the link gets mangled a bit when posted...
Basically, its section 1.8 of that page, titled "How should local images be named for Frodo?" (note that folder.jpg is not on the recommended list). Anyways, its not a big deal....if you could support poster.jpg it would be appreciated, if not, I can work around it.

Thanks in any case.

I will look into this. Currently its only an aesthetic choice as frodo movies in folders supports
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
or
moviename\moviename-poster.jpg
moviename\moviename-fanart.jpg

But since I've set up fanart.jpg, I'll sort out poster.jpg if movie in folder.

As for folder.jpg, this is still used as backwards compatible in Frodo.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-14

Media Companion V3.559b Released

Download link

Revision History:

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - KeithLM - 2013-04-14

I updated to 3.5.5.8 yesterday, and on a whim hit "Refresh All" on the TV Shows tab. Oh what a mistake that was. I got a message that said two folders were missing, which I had deleted and I thought I removed them previously, but that's been difficult at times in Media Companion. Anyways, it subsequently removed all TV folders from Media Companion. I checked config.xml and it was missing all TV roots and show folders. I was able to reload it all, but that's kind of a nuisance.

By the way, I run multiple monitors and some pop-up dialogs, like the opening title screen and the batch rescraper dialog pop up on the wrong monitor.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-14

Yes, I spotted this in my build just today, after releasing MC 3.559b. Will add to the To Do List for next release. Sorry.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - rev105 - 2013-04-14

Hi all, Thanks for all your hard work on Media Companion. It is so nice to be able to manage my library. I have been using it for years.

I have a feature request. Now that XBMC can use the dated added from the nfo file instead of the date the movie was added to the XBMC library. Can you make Media Companion use the date the folder was created for the date added on the nfo file if each movie is in it's own folder. I can think of many reasons why this would be more useful than other ways of handling this and I would be happy to explain if needed.

I would also like to give a small donation to the this project even if you can't honor my request. I read a while back that you didn't have anything set up for donations. If the developers have paypal you could PM me your email for each of you and I could send a little to each developer.

Thank you

(2013-04-14, 19:22)rev105 Wrote: Hi all, Thanks for all your hard work on Media Companion. It is so nice to be able to manage my library. I have been using it for years.

I have a feature request. Now that XBMC can use the dated added from the nfo file instead of the date the movie was added to the XBMC library. Can you make Media Companion use the date the folder was created for the date added on the nfo file if each movie is in it's own folder. I can think of many reasons why this would be more useful than other ways of handling this and I would be happy to explain if needed.

I would also like to give a small donation to the this project even if you can't honor my request. I read a while back that you didn't have anything set up for donations. If the developers have paypal you could PM me your email for each of you and I could send a little to each developer.

Thank you

So your talking about the <createdate>, to use the folder created date instead? Is this the right tag, or does XBMC use something different.