Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - rev105 - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-15, 09:55)HueyHq Wrote: try a movie that hasn't been read into XBMC
Let us know if you've already tried that, or, you do try it and it works for you!

I tried this and it just used the file date.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-15, 09:55)HueyHq Wrote: Well, I guess we should get it done for him!

Do you want to do it, or shall I?

Well, currently asking the dev's what tag is read from the nfo for date added. Seems <dateadded> doesn't work, so maybe its taken directly from the created date of the video file itself. And that would be a bugger!Confused

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - rev105 - 2013-04-15

vbat I think that other thread is being ignored because too many people are complaining about the new default behavior of Frodo date added. Don't wast to much more time on this for me. I went and tried the advanced settings.

<videolibrary>
<dateadded>2</dateadded>
</videolibrary>

And I am satisfied with the results I am getting without having a date added in my nfo.

Thanks again

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-04-15

Bugger. Undecided

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - User 68127 - 2013-04-16

Hey guys! Like the program, but having a couple of issues/questions:

First off, I'm getting an error when I try to scrape, the first 30/40 movies worked, but the rest keep returning an IMDB error, saying it's down. I've added both programs to the firewall, and it still has the problem. If I go to change movies, I can select the imdb page and it is successfully scraped. Any ideas?

Also, does the software support extra fanart and show logos/cutouts? If so, how do I get these to work?

Thanks!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-17

I can only thing that IMDB is being hit too often so have to pause.

As for extra fanart, there is an option if movies are in separate folders.

Show logos not available in MC

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - User 68127 - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-17, 01:14)vbat99 Wrote: I can only thing that IMDB is being hit too often so have to pause.

As for extra fanart, there is an option if movies are in separate folders.

Show logos not available in MC
OK, thanks, I'll give it another shot tonight. Whereabouts is the extra fanart option?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-17

One of the tabs under movie preferences.

But just thinking your asking for extra fanart, there is an option for extra thumbnails. Maybe this was the option in Eden, and extra fanart is the option for frodo. currently only extra thumbs is an option in MC. Will look into Extra fanart.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - User 68127 - 2013-04-18

Yeah, I was thinking the extrafanart that ArtworkDownloader pulls down (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Extra_fanart). Thanks for looking into it!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-18

Er, that link was blank for me, but we're looking into extrafanart right now. Hope to have this in the next release.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-19

Not out yet, but for the next release, able to save extrafanart. This is a selectable option under Movie Pref>General.

Select either extrathumbs or extra fanart, or Both. Movies must be in folders and either Use FolderName for scraping or All Movies in Folders needs to be selected.

Hopefully new release in the next day or so.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-19

New Media Companion Released!

MC 3.561b
- Urgent release to Fix Fanart selection not displaying for Movies

Download Link

Couple of new features, download extrathumbs (yeah, already there) and extrafanart. Option selectable from Movie Pref>General. Note, use Foldername for scraping or All Movies in Folders must be selected. Also, can download extrathumbs or extrafanart, or both, but one option at least must be selected.

Missing episodes is fixed! Also now if Display missing episodes is selected, there is an icon against the show and season that has missing episodes.

Enjoy

Edited above post as special fixed release.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 04:58)vbat99 Wrote: New Media Companion Released!

MC 3.561b
- Urgent release to Fix Fanart selection not displaying for Movies

Download Link

Couple of new features, download extrathumbs (yeah, already there) and extrafanart. Option selectable from Movie Pref>General. Note, use Foldername for scraping or All Movies in Folders must be selected. Also, can download extrathumbs or extrafanart, or both, but one option at least must be selected.

Missing episodes is fixed! Also now if Display missing episodes is selected, there is an icon against the show and season that has missing episodes.

Enjoy

Saving of extra thumbs or extra fanart not working for me.Huh Folder name for scraoing and save as extra fanart selected.

(2013-04-19, 22:09)bobrap Wrote: Saving of extra thumbs or extra fanart not working for me.Huh Folder name for scraoing and save as extra fanart selected.

So the option appears, the artwork appears on the left panel, but what happens if you select thumb1 and save?