Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-09-30

Just checked on the Posters, missing, wall view and filters, and it's all working for me.

Please do a Refresh all, then check again.

Also, please advise what artwork mode you are using, ie: Pre-Frodo, Frodo onwards, or Both.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-10-05

Any issues with the IMDB scraper, because it's not scraping actors in any version back to V3.557b... even on a fresh install of the program with all defaults set.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-05

(2013-10-05, 20:26)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Any issues with the IMDB scraper, because it's not scraping actors in any version back to V3.557b... even on a fresh install of the program with all defaults set.

Yes, and it's being worked on. IMDB has changed their layout, again. Once scraping code has been revised, we'll release a new Media Companion.

Hopefully soon.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-06

New Release - MC 3.579b

Fix in place for IMDB actors

Download Here

Revision History

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-10-06

Flipping heck.....
That was quick as you like!

Thanks heaps!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-06

There are some glitches with the new code but hope to get there resolved soon

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-10-06

OK, I can report that it is still not scraping the actors when you search for new movies.

It does however scrape them when you scrape specific field with batch rescrape.

Not tried it on TV shows

New Release - MC 3.580b

Fixes IMDB Actor names, Actor Roles, empty <actor> entries, and populates actors for initial scrape.

Download Here

Revision History

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - juggy - 2013-10-06

(2013-09-30, 19:25)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-09-30, 15:22)juggy Wrote: Thanks for the great app. This is my first time using it however I have noticed some bugs/improper user settings Smile

1) Posters are not properly handled/updated (this has been reported but I think it is not yet fixed in this version) - false missing poster, wall, and affects the filters concerning posters as well (ex: filter displays lots of movies without posters but they do have)

2) XBMC link - I love this feature however I couldn't make it work properly. XBMC 12.0, library and MC 3.578 are on the same PC (WIN7 64). All setting for the XBMC Link seem to be working properly and were validated and XBMC link was enabled. However, when I tried to edit the plot for a movie and update XBMC, MC couldn't do it. I have full and brief logs if needed but basically at some point it says that "XBMC is not longer running. Jobs queue will be purged". XBMC is running and I don't understand where is the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Workaround for now is to manually refresh in XBMC for changes to appear

3) text of some of the menus/icons seem squeezed/different lines and a bit unreadable. Probably because its beta...

4) I knew that MC has integrated filters and I was looking for at least 30min to find them. It turns out that I have to resize the screen at the bottom left so that they appear so basically they were "hidden". I write this since I noticed many people where looking for those filters on google and may be had the same issue...

Hope this will help improve this great app.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi and thanks for the feedback.

I will try and answer your points as best as possible, but without knowing your setup, if you upgraded overtop of an existing release, or what your previous release was etc, these may make it more interesting to resolve.

1. Posters - false missing, wall and filters. I'll look into this for Pre Frodo, Frodo and onwards.

2. Only issue I had with XBMC link was ensuring XBMC was set correctly under systems settings, as well as, once MC was configured, close MC and re-open it. Seems MC needed a restart before it would successfully talk to XBMC.

3. This will depend on your PC's DPI settings. Currently MC doesn't cater for Higher DPI, and this is in the To Do List. RoadMap

4.If you've upgraded from an earlier build of MC without filters, ie: overwritten older version with latest version, then the filters will disappear. Simply right-clicking the bottom bar in the Movie Browser list, and select your required filters, and they reappear. You can also dbl-click the divider between movie list and filters, to make the list drop away, and come back.

Unfortunately, I am not the expert with XBMC and the dev on that part of XBMC has been busy with real-life. Hopefully another user of XBMC Link can step in and advise with any help.

Thank you for your help.

1,2 - restarting XBMC,MC,PC rebuilding MC library did help to Link MC to XBMC and get posters info. However, when I tested the XBMC link i.e. to update something directly from MC, it created multiple copies of the same movie. It is strange to me what's going on but I have noticed that the movie was a DVD copy i.e. VIDEO_TS folder. Then the 3 different copies in XBMC were linking to different files within the TS folder. I guess when a movie is made of one file (.avi, .mkv etc) then there will be no problem but when a movie is actually a folder TS, BDMV then it is prone to some sort of duplicating error no idea why.

3. I get it. I am using 125% since I use my TV as monitor and makes things more readable from a distance. Will test with 100%.

4. No 3.578 is my first MC ever installed. When I rebuild my library filters also disappear I have to go manually re-size windows etc to make them visible. It's just a suggestion that those nice filters are hiding and new users can't find them.

5. I get a strange error:
Movies->Table
'SystemArgumentException DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid''

I can't exit the window. I get multiple error windows like this one. I have to quickly close windows and click on random window to switch otherwise a new window pops and blocks me.

6. Will try fresh install of the new MC 3.580 to see whether some issues are fixed.

(2013-10-06, 14:27)juggy Wrote: Thank you for your help.

1,2 - restarting XBMC,MC,PC rebuilding MC library did help to Link MC to XBMC and get posters info. However, when I tested the XBMC link i.e. to update something directly from MC, it created multiple copies of the same movie. It is strange to me what's going on but I have noticed that the movie was a DVD copy i.e. VIDEO_TS folder. Then the 3 different copies in XBMC were linking to different files within the TS folder. I guess when a movie is made of one file (.avi, .mkv etc) then there will be no problem but when a movie is actually a folder TS, BDMV then it is prone to some sort of duplicating error no idea why.

3. I get it. I am using 125% since I use my TV as monitor and makes things more readable from a distance. Will test with 100%.

4. No 3.578 is my first MC ever installed. When I rebuild my library filters also disappear I have to go manually re-size windows etc to make them visible. It's just a suggestion that those nice filters are hiding and new users can't find them.

5. I get a strange error:
Movies->Table
'SystemArgumentException DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid''

I can't exit the window. I get multiple error windows like this one. I have to quickly close windows and click on random window to switch otherwise a new window pops and blocks me.

6. Will try fresh install of the new MC 3.580 to see whether some issues are fixed.

Mc should handle video_ts correctly, as for BDMV, this is new to MC, so not sure about it and XBMC Link. Actually, I don't think I tested with a DVD folder structure and XBMC Link. May have a test later.

If you have no filters selected, then that bugger disappears, and is hard to get back. Just tested this myself. But if you have at least one filter selected, ie: General, then you can double-click the bar just above the General filter, and the filter list will shrink or expand, depending if already shrunk or expanded.

Movie Table view, this error has been fixed in 3.579b and onwards.

Cheers

Just tested a video_ts folder structure with XBMC Link, and it added multiple entries for that movie.

Seems it needs some more work. Sorry.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - juggy - 2013-10-08

fresh upgrade V3.5.8.0 to sum up some issues, suggestions, questions:

1) There is some problem handling movies with folder structures like VIDEO_TS, BDMV for example:
- Movie with VIDEO_TS structure - when trying to update via XBMC link - multiple copies of the movie are created in XBMC -known issue
- Movie with BDMV structure - shows missing poster and fanart even though they are present
Possible temporary workaround is to convert movies to a single file (mkv, iso etc)

2)Movie sets
-Filters do show movie sets with individual movies. Is it possible to edit info for the whole movie set as well - like separate poster and fanart that can be updated in XBMC afterwards?
-Is it possible to show missing movies from a movie set? It will be great to scan your movie sets and know which movies are missing.

3) Trailer filter shows that all my movies are missing trailers. Does the filter detect physically present trailers? Is it possible to add/edit/preview trailer LINKS in NFO? I thought that when exporting from XBMC, the nfo will contain some sort of trailer link that will be recognized in MC or MC itself will be able to add/edit/preview trailer links. How, where and to what extent can you edit trailers in MC? Sorry maybe it is obvious but I can't figure it out...

4) Is it possible to scrape missing info from different scrapers? For example I was missing a plot for a movie since it was missing in the IMDB. If I rescrape with TMDB i will loose the IMDB rating and other info that I don't want to be overwritten. I know it is possible to scrape only a particular field but is it also possible to do it with a different scraper only for that part?
Workaround: manually add missing info

5) DPI re-sizing (ex 125%for larger text) causes improper re-sizing of program's text menus and labels - known issue

Thank you vbat99 for the fast replies.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-08

(2013-10-08, 01:44)juggy Wrote: fresh upgrade V3.5.8.0 to sum up some issues, suggestions, questions:

1) There is some problem handling movies with folder structures like VIDEO_TS, BDMV for example:
- Movie with VIDEO_TS structure - when trying to update via XBMC link - multiple copies of the movie are created in XBMC -known issue
- Movie with BDMV structure - shows missing poster and fanart even though they are present
Possible temporary workaround is to convert movies to a single file (mkv, iso etc)

2)Movie sets
-Filters do show movie sets with individual movies. Is it possible to edit info for the whole movie set as well - like separate poster and fanart that can be updated in XBMC afterwards?
-Is it possible to show missing movies from a movie set? It will be great to scan your movie sets and know which movies are missing.

3) Trailer filter shows that all my movies are missing trailers. Does the filter detect physically present trailers? Is it possible to add/edit/preview trailer LINKS in NFO? I thought that when exporting from XBMC, the nfo will contain some sort of trailer link that will be recognized in MC or MC itself will be able to add/edit/preview trailer links. How, where and to what extent can you edit trailers in MC? Sorry maybe it is obvious but I can't figure it out...

4) Is it possible to scrape missing info from different scrapers? For example I was missing a plot for a movie since it was missing in the IMDB. If I rescrape with TMDB i will loose the IMDB rating and other info that I don't want to be overwritten. I know it is possible to scrape only a particular field but is it also possible to do it with a different scraper only for that part?
Workaround: manually add missing info

5) DPI re-sizing (ex 125%for larger text) causes improper re-sizing of program's text menus and labels - known issue

Thank you vbat99 for the fast replies.

Gidday Juggy

Regarding your questions:
1. Noted this is an issue and have requested dev involved with XBMC Link to see about resolving.

2. a. Not sure what your asking regarding separate poster fanart. If your meaning poster/fanart for the Movie Set itself, then no. XBMC hasn't a procedure in place for Movie Set images.
b. Not possible. There isn't a list on the Web of what movies are in a Set, compared to what movie belongs in a Set.

3. Missing Trailer filter is for actual missing trailer video. Doesn't filter for missing URL in nfo. There is a <trailer> tag in the nfo for the trailer's URL, but at present, no way to view it. Only indication is button "Download" changes to "No Trailer Found" per movie. I may add to the alternative Edit Movie form the option to display the current trailer url if present. Will add to To Do List.

4. Alternative Scrapers are on the To Do List, but will be a wee while before getting this done. Also added to To Do List, is attempt to fill in missing TMDB details from IMDB. BUT, you can rescrape specific fields, and only those fields are updated from IMDB, anything from TMDB should remain unchanged unless that field is selected in rescrape specific.

5. DPI has been requested and is on the To Do List, but can't say when it'll be sorted.

Rob

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-09

Bulletin - Issue with TVDB

If you have a series that is currently not scraping any episode, stating Episode is not found on TVDB, there is a likelyhood that rogue entries in the data returned by TVDB is causing an issue.

XML Issue

TVDB is working on fixing this issue at their end.

DISREGARD Bulliten - New Build available.

Thank you.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-10

New Release - MC 3.581b

Fix in place for TVDb episode scraping issue
Plus more fixed, and features

Download Here

Revision History