Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-10

(2014-03-10, 09:39)Methanoid Wrote: This woke me up ;-)

Can someone explain how for XBMC I could avoid many actor folders and JPGs? If all my movies are in X:\Videos\Movies\MovieTitle_{Year}\ format... where do I place the "common" Actor folder?

I'm a bit rusty on the setup but here goes.

I would create a folder like: X:\Videos\actors

In Media Companion, Go to Movie Preferences -> Advanced, and check the box for Enable Save Actor Thumbs

Next, Set the local path to: X:\Videos\actors

Now, the tricky bit. XBMC Path. How ever XBMC access your \Videos\Movies\ folder, is how you need to set this path. Is it a mapped network drive? (with a drive letter) or via smb

Example: Network drive on PC mapped to X:, but XBMC is mapped to Z: Then set XBMC Path as Z:\Videos\actors

Exampe 2: Network drive on PC mapped to X:, but XBMC is mapped to smb:\\192.168.1.10\Volume1\Videos etc, then Then set XBMC Path as smb:\\192.168.1.10\Volume1\Videos\actors (may have gotten the backslash wrong)

Now Media Companion will save into X:\Videos\actors every actor. If the actor image exists, it's either skipped or overwritten.

Last piece of the puzzle is XBMC. You need to edit advancedsettings.xml file in your userdata folder. If the file does not exist, you need to create it.
These lines need to be added so XBMC searches the correct location for actor images
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
        <from>W:\</from>
        <to>SMB://192.168.0.14/My_Music/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
Now the above code I could be waaayy off, as I haven't personally done this...yet (more I think about it, more I might need to play with this function myself).
Here's some reference for Path Substitution.

Hopefully another user of Media Companion can chine in and correct me where I've gone wrong.

It may also be that Path substitution doesn't need to be added, as we store the smb path for the thumbnail in the movie's nfo.

Play, test, let us know how you get on.

Rob

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Zerelah - 2014-03-11

Hi again

Tx for the actor fix this is really good news.

I Seem to have located the cause of my problems mentioned earlier regarding tvdb. being deleted or not saved to nfo.
If you scrape a show and then delete the nfo to scrape again then It wont save the tvdb id to the nfo, and as far as I can find out the only fix seems to be to close Mc and enter the Tvdbid field manually and then start up mc again then it stays saved.

I am in the process of renaming my entire library to get all the media info xbmc provides so I have Renamed my show as such Alias [DVDRip] have tried {DVDrip} to but it makes so MC dosent find a match Is there a way to get mc to ignore the [].

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-11

(2014-03-11, 17:07)Zerelah Wrote: Hi again

I Seem to have located the cause of my problems mentioned earlier regarding tvdb. being deleted or not saved to nfo.
If you scrape a show and then delete the nfo to scrape again then It wont save the tvdb id to the nfo, and as far as I can find out the only fix seems to be to close Mc and enter the Tvdbid field manually and then start up mc again then it stays saved.

I am in the process of renaming my entire library to get all the media info xbmc provides so I have Renamed my show as such Alias [DVDRip] have tried {DVDrip} to but it makes so MC dosent find a match Is there a way to get mc to ignore the [].

Easy way to add the tvdbid, is to right click the show, view tvshow.nfo. Then add the field <id>tvdbidnumber</id> under the title entry. You may even want to edit the title from here. Once done, save and close the nfo, and in Media Companion {b]Refresh All[/b]. This should pick up the changes.

In the next release Of Media Companion, I have been playing with the option of renaming the Show Title from within Media Companion. This just changes the <title> field.

As for ignoring anything in square brackets, I can take a look.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - chas0rde - 2014-03-12

Hello
great work Smile
Hoping that the bug with not being able to download german plots will be fixed soon Smile

Also I was wondering if it would be possible to add some more renaming options to tv shows
I name my episodes like this: "Show name - SXXEXX - German title (Original title).ext"
I believe this is currently not possible right?

Best regards

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-12

(2014-03-12, 20:13)chas0rde Wrote: Hello
great work Smile
Hoping that the bug with not being able to download german plots will be fixed soon Smile

Also I was wondering if it would be possible to add some more renaming options to tv shows
I name my episodes like this: "Show name - SXXEXX - German title (Original title).ext"
I believe this is currently not possible right?

Best regards

Give me a show I can do some tests on for getting German plots.

As for German title (Original title), we only get the one title for the language currently selected. So if scraping with German as the language, you only get the German title returned.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Zerelah - 2014-03-13

(2014-03-11, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 17:07)Zerelah Wrote: Hi again

Easy way to add the tvdbid, is to right click the show, view tvshow.nfo. Then add the field <id>tvdbidnumber</id> under the title entry. You may even want to edit the title from here. Once done, save and close the nfo, and in Media Companion {b]Refresh All[/b]. This should pick up the changes.

In the next release Of Media Companion, I have been playing with the option of renaming the Show Title from within Media Companion. This just changes the <title> field.

As for ignoring anything in square brackets, I can take a look.

Hi Vbat I am sorry to say if you have deleted the nfo from a tv show and the rescraped this does not work I have tryed all options and been playing with it for days.
It always deletes the tvdb id upon refresh or or search if you add the Id manually from within MC after exit it does not get saved only exit mc and manually enter it in the nfo works,

I am running it from the program files dir and i have full admin rights.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-13

(2014-03-13, 01:06)Zerelah Wrote: Hi Vbat I am sorry to say if you have deleted the nfo from a tv show and the rescraped this does not work I have tryed all options and been playing with it for days.
It always deletes the tvdb id upon refresh or or search if you add the Id manually from within MC after exit it does not get saved only exit mc and manually enter it in the nfo works,

Can you move Media Companion out of the program files directory and just put the folder into C:, and test from there.

It's not a user permissions issue, but a Program permissions issue, which Media Companion is not set to be allowed from 'Program Files' directory.

Please test and let me know.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-03-13

Don't know if you received my PM. Test version worked great! Thanks Smile

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-13

(2014-03-13, 16:35)bobrap Wrote: Don't know if you received my PM. Test version worked great! Thanks Smile

Yep. Got it. Glad it working.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Zerelah - 2014-03-13

(2014-03-13, 02:04)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 01:06)Zerelah Wrote: Hi Vbat I am sorry to say if you have deleted the nfo from a tv show and the rescraped this does not work I have tryed all options and been playing with it for days.

Can you move Media Companion out of the program files directory and just put the folder into C:, and test from there.

It's not a user permissions issue, but a Program permissions issue, which Media Companion is not set to be allowed from 'Program Files' directory.

No effect tried from c: D: and desktop

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-14

(2014-03-13, 23:33)Zerelah Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 02:04)vbat99 Wrote:

No effect tried from c: D: and desktop

Hmmm, drawing a blank. So I'll need more info.

Can you raise an Issue on Media Companion site, and upload your config.xml file with the new issue.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - RockDawg - 2014-03-14

Any chance MySQL support for XBMC Link is on the horizon?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-14

(2014-03-14, 01:52)RockDawg Wrote: Any chance MySQL support for XBMC Link is on the horizon?

Not currently. Have to teach myself all about MySQL first.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-28

Media Companion 3.596b Released

Firstly, I apologise for the delay in getting this release out. There has been a number of behind the scene's going's on in real-life, as well as some bugs that took some time to get right.

Please, rate Media Companion once you've tried this release. Also, Feed-back is appreciated, so sign up to Media Companion site, and post questions or suggestions.

More new features, Many issues fixed.

* TV - Option to ignore missing specials.
* TV - changed missing future episodes to highlight in Red.
* Movie - Rename file name with ignored articles at end.
* Movie - add option to disregard Original Title, and Alt Titles from nfo.
* Movie - Reworked TMDB into same routines as MC's IMDB scraper. This will make it easier to add extra scrapers in the future.
* Movie - Option in Batch rescraper to populate only empty fields.
* Movie - Option to fill <tag> field from Plot Keywords available from IMDB/TMDB.
* Both - New Media Companion command line option 'r' added to refresh movies & TV caches. (Not for mc_com.exe)

For Bug fixes, check out the revision history, or the download link.

Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-03-28

Thanks for the latest release. Got a question about actors. If using I don't use the XBMC scraper, actors are placed in a single directory. When using the XBMC scraper, actors are put in the .actor folder with the movie. Is this by design? Also, what exactly is this : Filter new movies title during scrape for entries already in Source list, add to Source tag automatically. Thanks again! Smile