Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-05-28

Show

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-28

Hmmm, Just scraped a test show with XBMC 13, exported and then added to MC. Did a Rescrape Show O.K.

What about deleting the tvshow.nfo, and allowing Media Companion to scrape the show instead?

When I scrape a show without a nfo I get the message I posted earlier. Strangest behavior.

Very strange.

Can you try the following. Remove all TV Shows from your list of folders.

Create a folder called Hart Of Dixie, and add only this folder to your Separate List of Folders, list on the right on folder tab.
Then click 'Save Changes'

Let me know if this crashes.

Yes, it crashed

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload)
at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.DownloadFileAndCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload, Int32 resizeFanart, String& strValue)
at Media_Companion.Utilities.DownloadTextFiles(String StartURL, Boolean ForceDownload)
at Media_Companion.TvShow.GetPossibleShows()
at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgrnd_tvshowscraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

I'm drawing a blank. Where have you got Media Companion located? I can only assume that Media Companion can't create the file in the location required, possible due to protected location?

Tried that...installed on different drives. Btw, movie section works fine.

What about an earlier version of Media Companion?

Used last released version and latest test build. Same results.

Can you PM me a link with your config.xml.

I tried, hope it works.

Got it.

I see you've got them on \\Server1\disk1.

Can you do a test on a local drive?

Sure, but, had the same result. I'm going to try redoing my system again in the morning and see if that helps. Strange how it was working one minute then not the next.

No problem. I'm running out of time myself for today, but I do want to get to the bottom of this, for you and for anyone else who gets this issue.

Just a breakdown for you on the error
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload)
at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.DownloadFileAndCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload, Int32 resizeFanart, String& strValue)
at Media_Companion.Utilities.DownloadTextFiles(String StartURL, Boolean ForceDownload)
at Media_Companion.TvShow.GetPossibleShows()
at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgrnd_tvshowscraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

The tracking of the error goes backwards through the list.

Form1.bckgrnd_tvshowscraper_DoWork is the call to start scraping a new show, only the show.

TvShow.GetPossibleShows() Gets a list of matching show titles to work out the possible showID

Utilities.DownloadTextFiles(String StartURL, Boolean ForceDownload) Is to download the result file from TVDB

DownloadCache.DownloadFileAndCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload, Int32 resizeFanart, String& strValue) we download the file to the cache folder

DownloadCache.SaveImageToCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload) using a common save to cache routine.

And where we are getting the crash. It's either String URL or String Path that is empty. But the issue is why. I'll look again at this region of code, and see if I can't either log the error with more info, or catch the error so we can move past it.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-05-29

Any chance the problem was with TVDB? Tried loading shows this morning and it's working fine! Go figure!