Kodi Community Forum
Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: MediaPortal (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=171)
+---- Thread: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem (/showthread.php?tid=129470)

Pages: 1 2

Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - tytherman - 2012-04-20

hi, I have spent the last 48 hours unsuccesfully trying to get MediaPortal Tv server with an HDPVR working in a remote WIndows 7 xbmc PVR. Everything seems ok on the server, but when I try and connect on the remote maching I get told the tvserverxbmc version is too old.... the version I am using is the 1.2.2 with the 1.2.2 xbmc plugin.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, once unfortunately wiping out the entire MY Sql database that I use to sync the libraries.

I am not that worried about changing channels at this stage just getting a picture (not even HD as I have it connected to the composite)

I have googled this error and only found seemingly unreleated incedences. Any help greatly appreciated!

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - tytherman - 2012-04-20

an update to my problem.....

if I use the standalone TVServerXBMC.exe I can connect and it seems fine - need to sort out the quality but thats the next thing..... if I go back to the TVServerXBMC.DLL no joy and it reports the version is too old!

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - margro - 2012-04-20

Are you upgrading from an older plugin version or is this a clean install?
Which xbmc-pvr version are you using?
I just double checked my latest version on a clean install and also agains the most recent opdenkamp build and everything works for me...

Could you do the following:
  • Open the "MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration" tool
  • Go to the Plugins list and check the reported version. It should read 1.2.2.122. If not, then stop the TVService, delete the existing tvserverxbmc.dll and then copy the new one and check the version number again after restarting the service. Windows 7?, check if you have an older version in your VirtualStore.
  • Version at the TVServer side ok but still a problem in XBMC. Please post the exact line from your xbmc.log file. The plugin has three different error messages about a plugin version too old.

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - tytherman - 2012-04-21

Hiya, well strangest thing, this morning when I put the DLL back in the folder it works!

One quick question do you recomemend 1.2.2 or should I upgrade MP to 1.2.3? As the plugin specifically says it should match "exactly" the version of MP.

thanks and sorry to seemingly have wasted your time! Blush

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - fat-tony - 2012-04-22

(2012-04-21, 10:17)tytherman Wrote: Hiya, well strangest thing, this morning when I put the DLL back in the folder it works!

One quick question do you recomemend 1.2.2 or should I upgrade MP to 1.2.3? As the plugin specifically says it should match "exactly" the version of MP.

thanks and sorry to seemingly have wasted your time! Blush

If it's any help, I am using MP 1.2.3 TV server with the current version of the DLL and it works fine, except for an odd error I am having with setting radio recording reservations (TV recordings are fine) - see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129298 This may be an existing error, not related to MP 1.2.3. I am not going back to check the previous version as it's a bit of a struggle as I'm using Windows 8 and the MP install is awkward.

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - tytherman - 2012-04-22

thanks for the advice, although having seemingly wiped the MYSQL database out twice now reloading the app (I use it for syncing databases as well) I reckon unless someone has a tip as how to easily upgrade from 1.2.2 I will leave it alone (at least it now works - with a couple of minor annoyances - HD PVR aspect ratio, and Hauppauge not blasting)

thanks

Jonathan

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - skippy - 2012-04-23

I am using For the Record on Windows 7. I need clarification as to how to upgrade the TVServerXBMC. I am not sure if I place the tvserverxbmc dll's with the xbmc addon or somewhere in the ForTheRecord installation.

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - margro - 2012-04-23

The TVServerXBMC.dll is a plugin for the MediaPortal tvserver, so if you are using ForTheRecord Argus as backend, you don't need this DLL.
For ForTheRecord Argus, make sure that you have installed the latest version and that you've enabled the (Cassini?) Webserver during installation.

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - tytherman - 2012-04-23

has anyone got the HD PVR working with channel changing on MP "TV Server" using xbmc front end or am I trying to achieve the impossible?

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - skippy - 2012-04-23

(2012-04-23, 20:56)margro Wrote: The TVServerXBMC.dll is a plugin for the MediaPortal tvserver, so if you are using ForTheRecord Argus as backend, you don't need this DLL.
For ForTheRecord Argus, make sure that you have installed the latest version and that you've enabled the (Cassini?) Webserver during installation.

Thanks Margro for the response. Do I need the media portal PVR client plugin enabled? I am not 100% sure the FortheRecord client plugin is configured correctly ( which port should it be configured to? atm, it's something in the 9000 range ). The plugin was bundled together with the xbmc install. I was able to watch about 10 - 20 seconds of a channel and then I got the error regarding the tvserverxbmc is too old.

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - margro - 2012-04-23

@tytherman: works fine here using the tsreader version of the MediaPortal pvr addon but don't enable the fast channel switching option under the MediaPortal pvr addon settings.
If it does not work for you, could you enable xbmc debug logging and post a xbmc.log file on pastebin.com and a link here?

@skippy: You don't need to enable the MediaPortal addon if you are using ForTheRecord Argus. If you are using MediaPortal + ForTheRecord plugin, then I'm not sure whether this will work. It could work with the ForTheRecord addon but this combination is not really tested.

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - tytherman - 2012-04-23

Magro, apologies but I am very new to mediaportal so to be honest don't know what the tsreader version is? Surely the channel switching is done by the server? I can't get that part working! Just when I think I have everything set up a new feature like pvr comes along and I spend days trying to do the simplest tasks! :-(

I have tried usbuirt, mce transceiver and hauppauge but cannot get any to change the channels.

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - TomP - 2012-04-24

tytherman,

tsreader version refers to one of the two version of the xbmc pvr mediaportal add-on, the other one being the ffmpeg version. You should find it in xbmc under system -> add-ons -> installed add-ons -> pvr clients.

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - skippy - 2012-04-24

(2012-04-23, 22:42)margro Wrote: @skippy: You don't need to enable the MediaPortal addon if you are using ForTheRecord Argus. If you are using MediaPortal + ForTheRecord plugin, then I'm not sure whether this will work. It could work with the ForTheRecord addon but this combination is not really tested.

Thanks for the help, after disabling the media portal pvr clients, I am able to watch tv. It is really awesome. Now, trying to figure out how to get the guide data imported properly in 4 the record.

RE: Mediaportal server windows XBMC PVR front end problem - tytherman - 2012-04-24

Magro, I only have 4 options under pVR addons; Mediportal FFMPEG; Mythtv, Tvheadend, and VDR Vnsi.