Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - ed_davidson01 - 2017-12-14

(2017-12-14, 01:00)MOTOX22A Wrote: Rob,

The good news is your KODI Addon is very popular and considered essential by everyone...

The bad news is (For us stuck on Kodi 16.1 because we have boxes that can't run 17+)
the backup addon is still not working...Still getting the error with the latest update fixes.

All those who think you are stuck on 16.1 because you're on 4.4, well just google "ebmc 17.3 download" and you can get 17.3 on android 4.4

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - MOTOX22A - 2017-12-14

I'm on lollipop 5.1...It's not the OS for me...It's my 1GB of memory that's the issue...
I can install 17 but after that running anything just abends...Just not enough memory...
But thanks I'll have a look at that...

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mount81 - 2017-12-14

(2017-12-14, 03:25)ed_davidson01 Wrote:
(2017-12-14, 01:00)MOTOX22A Wrote: Rob,

The good news is your KODI Addon is very popular and considered essential by everyone...

The bad news is (For us stuck on Kodi 16.1 because we have boxes that can't run 17+)
the backup addon is still not working...Still getting the error with the latest update fixes.

All those who think you are stuck on 16.1 because you're on 4.4, well just google "ebmc 17.3 download" and you can get 17.3 on android 4.4 
The reason while i'm stuck on 16.1 is that the Backup add-on is not working. I had my latest backup on 16.1, and it can't be simply used on 17.x. I have to load my backup in 16.1 first and than do an auto update to 17.6 to make it work. So still waiting.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mount81 - 2017-12-19

Hello!

Is it worth to wait for the Bakckup add-on get fixed with KODI 16.1, or it won't get anytime soon?

Oh, juts checked, that you have posted a new fix. Will try than out first, and report back if it's working.

Thank you!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mount81 - 2017-12-19

(2017-12-19, 08:06)Mount81 Wrote: Hello!

Is it worth to wait for the Bakckup add-on get fixed with KODI 16.1, or it won't get anytime soon?

Oh, juts checked, that you have posted a new fix. Will try than out first, and report back if it's working.

Thank you!
I have checked with this latest update: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/dropbox_2.6_fixes -> but still the same "Error"' message.   Sad

So I make active my previous question: Is it worth to wait for the Backup add-on get fixed with KODI 16.1, or it won't get anytime soon?

Thanks!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2017-12-19

I just got word (thanks @tofof  for testing quickly and replying there) that that branch is now working. If anyone else could confirm just to make sure I'll merge those changes and get a pull request for the main repo out quickly. Thanks to everyone that was testing along the way on this!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - xTapouTx - 2017-12-20

(2017-12-19, 23:22)robweber Wrote: I just got word (thanks @tofof  for testing quickly and replying there) that that branch is now working. If anyone else could confirm just to make sure I'll merge those changes and get a pull request for the main repo out quickly. Thanks to everyone that was testing along the way on this!
 Your assistance and dedication to this add-on is incredible, thank you!

Now on to business, even after the new xbmcbackup-dropbox-2.6 fixes I'm too still getting the error on 16.1. I'm happy to upload my logs if that helps. If this is only dropbox that's causing the issue, is there anyway I can remove the dropbox option? I'm only needing to backup to local storage.

Thanks again!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - SoniTek - 2017-12-20

(2017-12-20, 01:02)xTapouTx Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 23:22)robweber Wrote: I just got word (thanks @tofof  for testing quickly and replying there) that that branch is now working. If anyone else could confirm just to make sure I'll merge those changes and get a pull request for the main repo out quickly. Thanks to everyone that was testing along the way on this!

Now on to business, even after the new xbmcbackup-dropbox-2.6 fixes I'm too still getting the error on 16.1. I'm happy to upload my logs if that helps. If this is only dropbox that's causing the issue, is there anyway I can remove the dropbox option? I'm only needing to backup to local storage.

Thanks again! 
Did not work at first install but when I uninstall and re-install, it works now.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2017-12-20

If you're still getting errors using the 2.6 fixes branch please post debug logs here: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/126 

This is for Android/Rpi users on Jarvis only as those are the only platforms using Python 2.6. If you're on Krypton everyone has 2.7. Please post issues in the regular issues area non-related to those platforms. A reboot after install may also help. 

Unfortunately this error will hit if you use Dropbox as a target or not. It's because as the file system code is loaded their is an import call for the dropbox library. This makes the interpreter parse that code, and since the issue is considered a syntax error it bombs out the whole thing. The syntax on that lib is not compatible with a 2.6 interpreter. You could modify the code yourself to strip out these imports (vfs.py file) but I'm hoping we're close to a more general solution.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mount81 - 2017-12-20

(2017-12-20, 16:23)robweber Wrote: If you're still getting errors using the 2.6 fixes branch please post debug logs here: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/126 

This is for Android/Rpi users on Jarvis only as those are the only platforms using Python 2.6. If you're on Krypton everyone has 2.7. Please post issues in the regular issues area non-related to those platforms. A reboot after install may also help. 

Unfortunately this error will hit if you use Dropbox as a target or not. It's because as the file system code is loaded their is an import call for the dropbox library. This makes the interpreter parse that code, and since the issue is considered a syntax error it bombs out the whole thing. The syntax on that lib is not compatible with a 2.6 interpreter. You could modify the code yourself to strip out these imports (vfs.py file) but I'm hoping we're close to a more general solution.
 I have used the latest dropbox fix and installed from zip file, all works now well on KODI 16.1! Thanks for the update!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2017-12-23

Sounds like things are all fixed up for users still on 2.6 versions of Python. Preparing for family holiday stuff took up some time the past few days but I'll attempt to get this all merged and pushed to the Kodi repo tomorrow. Thanks to all the testers.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - mucke5 - 2017-12-26

I am having the issue using your addon "Backup" on iOS since the update 'requests v2.18.4'.

I already did some research on GitHub (extract of logfile appended): iOS issue 'No child processes'
---

Solved so far.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - kamby19 - 2017-12-29

Please forgive my newbie ignorance, but where can I obtain the most recent version for Kodi 16.1 with the latest fixes?  For Android / Fire TV.

Thanks!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - xTapouTx - 2018-01-02

(2017-12-20, 07:04)SoniTek Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:02)xTapouTx Wrote:

Thanks again!  
Did not work at first install but when I uninstall and re-install, it works now. 
Agreed, what ended up working for me was an uninstall, re-install then a reboot of my Shield. 

All is working great again! Thank you!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - MOTOX22A - 2018-01-05

I finally figured mine out...After installing the package with fixes it still was getting the error...
I found in my "orphaned dependencies"  googleapi was there....I clicked on install and it installed....
After that Backup worked again...I immediately did a backup of Kodi Addons (as well as APP APKs)...

Thanks to Rob for fixing this...

I'll continue to use my Kodi Jarvis 16.1 box until I hit the 2 year use mark in June when my
paid Kaspersky expires then I'll buy a newer more powerful box with Kodi 18...