Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - User 285828 - 2018-11-25

Im Having Problems getting the Cloud function of this working.

When ever i run "Authorise now" i get the error "Google Drive Developer Code Needed"

I have looked through log files, but TBF i'm not 100% what i should be looking for.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2qVy7X3982/

I have tried doing a clean install of Kodi and also tried using both Google and dropbox using various guides (just to note my google has 2 pass verification, dropbox doesnt)

Im find myself going round in circles and would be very grateful for any help

Many thanks

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - HanSolo72 - 2018-12-06

Hi,

my Backup isn't working anymore. Here is my log: http://paste.kodi.tv/lidokinuzo

Thank you in advance!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Corbendallas - 2019-01-10

hi kodi users.

i need help to find whereas my backup can be find or not!

i made some backup with this wellknown addon on a Sony 2015 Android TV (Kodi 17.6 Krypton).
After many bug and freeze, i must uninstall kodi and install it.

when i launch the backup add-on, it find no backup files!!!
i can't set the previous path of the directory cause i don't remember where i put it (too many month since the  first setup!!!!)
i try to find files but didn't know the type or extension of backup files!

i'll normally receive a nvidia shield tomorrow cause i think my database is to heavy for kodi on my 2015 TV!
but i like to not have to scrap and check all my files again...

Can someone help me please to find my backup files ?
thanks

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Klojum - 2019-01-10

(2019-01-10, 20:19)Corbendallas Wrote: i'll normally receive a nvidia shield tomorrow cause i think my database is to heavy for kodi on my 2015 TV!
I doubt that. What's the approximate amount of videos and/or audio files in your collection? Databases shouldn't even sweat with 10-100,000 records.
I think more the sheer number of cached thumbnails clogging up your TV's storage is a bigger threat to your TV's performance.
And also a slow SoC in your TV (hello Philips) is not going to help as well.

(2019-01-10, 20:19)Corbendallas Wrote: Can someone help me please to find my backup files ?
If it's Android, there are plenty of File Manager apps available that have search options.
Try X-Plore File Manager. It's an ad-free and lean app, unlike ES File Explorer.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Corbendallas - 2019-01-10

My database is not so heavy to freeze my tv for sure 
but kodi has always been very very slow on the tv, and the situation got worse with the increase of the database.

I recently decide to change because, for example, a scan of my directories lasted 5 to 10 minutes and kodi froze too many times.
Sony 's embedded soc are known to be weak ones, except last generation maybe

That being said,  my question is to know the name of the extension of backup files (xxx.?) or the name of the directory, in order to launch a search.
I don't know what to search. ..

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - subliimaze - 2019-01-25

I am a new forum member, but I've been using Kodi since 14.x Helix.

I finally tinkered with Backup, trying to clone my living room Fire TV Kodi setup to my bedroom Fire TV. I am able to make backups from each Fire TV box, but I am unable to share the same backup between both Fire TV boxes. When I take the USB flash drive from the living room FTV and put it in the bedroom FTV, the bedroom FTV does not "see" the backups made by the living room FTV. However, the bedroom FTV does see backups made by the bedroom FTV. Likewise, the living room FTV sees backups made by the living room FTV, but fails to see backups made by the bedroom FTV. I am using the same directory (the root directory of the USB drive) for all backups. I have cleared Kodi data, uninstalled & resinstalled Kodi and Backup addon, reformatted the USB flash drive (multiple times) and also tried different USB drives. I even restored both FTVs to factory settings, then reinstalled Kodi and Backup addon, and still get the same results. It is very frustrating and I can't wrap my head around why this is happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - daherlihy - 2019-01-30

Anybody having restore issues with ZIP/compressed backups in Kodi Leia 18? Backing appears to be working fine, as well as backing up and restoring using non-compressed backups.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Tarkus_ - 2019-01-30

(2019-01-30, 11:28)daherlihy Wrote: Anybody having restore issues with ZIP/compressed backups in Kodi Leia 18? Backing appears to be working fine, as well as backing up and restoring using non-compressed backups.
 Yes, I think Kodi no longer allows addons to uncompress ZIPs.  I still have them backup to ZIP, but if I need to restore one, I unzip it manually before trying to restore it.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - DarrenHill - 2019-01-30

Try installing the archive support addon (in the official repo under virtual filesystems) and see if that helps.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Kragmeister - 2019-01-30

My Android automatically updated to 18.0.  I have 3 different devices running Kodi and I use Backup to keep them all identical.  I have to use ZIP archives to transfer my backup from my tablet to Fire devices.  I updated one of the Fire devices and tried restoring from Backup from 18.0.

I tried the Archive Support from the virtual file systems.  No difference, Backup crashes when trying to restore from ZIP.

(2019-01-30, 16:39)DarrenHill Wrote: Try installing the archive support addon (in the official repo under virtual filesystems) and see if that helps.
 Doesn't resolve unfortunately.

(2019-01-30, 17:20)Kragmeister Wrote: My Android automatically updated to 18.0.  I have 3 different devices running Kodi and I use Backup to keep them all identical.  I have to use ZIP archives to transfer my backup from my tablet to Fire devices.  I updated one of the Fire devices and tried restoring from Backup from 18.0.

I tried the Archive Support from the virtual file systems.  No difference, Backup crashes when trying to restore from ZIP.
I've found a workaround, with a little bit of manual intervention:

1. Backup un-compressed
2. Then ZIP the directory (folder and files) manually using a file manager (easier to copy a ZIP rather than a folder with hundreds of files, plus its smaller in file size)
3. Transfer the ZIP to your other devices
4. Extract the ZIP in the directories that the backup addon is reading from
5. Open the Backup addon and go to Restore - the extracted folder/files should be available for selection and the restoration should work fine.

(2019-01-30, 17:31)daherlihy Wrote: I've found a workaround, with a little bit of manual intervention:

3. Transfer the ZIP to your other devices
4. Extract the ZIP in the directories that the backup addon is reading from 
I should try unzipping the Backup archive when I have a chance and see if that works.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - DarrenHill - 2019-01-30

That sequence is basically all the add-on will be doing anyway, so it should work.

The folder you want is the kodi (or .kodi) one, which can be found one level up from the userdata (wiki) folder on the device (details of location are in that wiki link).

Backing up and transferring that folder will clone the source device set-up onto the new one (or equivalently archive everything if you're just storing the zip file), or you can of course do a sub-set of the folder content if you so wish.

Unzipping the Backup ZIP and restoration worked like a charm on my Android tablet.  When I get home I'll try it on a Fire Stick that I upgraded to Leia.