Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - fandangos - 2021-01-13

Now that I can use rclone with Kodi Matrix I'm moving from Leia to Matrix.

I just want to double check a few things. 

1. the latest version that works with Matrix is 1.6.4, correct? 
2. Are you aware of any incompatibility with the latest python Kodi is using? 3.8.5?

3. I guess it will need the addition python zip file for zip support when restoring? And that file isn't compatible with python 3.8.5.. so.. better not use compress archive with matrix, right?

And finally, 1.6.4 to create, use 1.6.4 to restore and it should work?

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - ScratchInside - 2021-01-13

Hi I'm using Shield Pro 2019 and Kodi Matrix Beta 2 and Backup version 1.6.4 installed from the official repo. I browsed the remote path to an external drive, but when I hit backup it just gives me BACK UP ERROR: CHECK THE LOG FOR MORE INFORMATION. Thank you

Backup 18.9 and restore to 19.0 beta - gil80 - 2021-01-13

Using the Backup add on on Kodi 18.9 and the same addon on Kodi 19.0 beta.

When I try to restore my backup, the addon prompts me of the different version between the two Kodis and ask me if to proceed.
When I click YES then it encounters an error but I don’t know where the log is to post here.

My 18.9 is tweaked and has many addons and I would hate to reconfigure everything. I really need to restore my setup to Kodi 19.0

Can anyone help?

Backup 18.9 and restore to 19.0 beta - DarrenHill - 2021-01-13

Details on how to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Karellen - 2021-01-13

@gil80

I have moved you to the correct thread.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2021-01-14

(2021-01-13, 13:42)fandangos Wrote: Now that I can use rclone with Kodi Matrix I'm moving from Leia to Matrix.

2. Are you aware of any incompatibility with the latest python Kodi is using? 3.8.5?

3. I guess it will need the addition python zip file for zip support when restoring? And that file isn't compatible with python 3.8.5.. so.. better not use compress archive with matrix, right?

Yes, the latest version is 1.6.4 in the Kodi repo for Matrix. I am not aware of any incompatibility with the version of python that Kodi is using. This addons uses pretty standard Python libs and the Kodi python libraries as well. I'm not sure what you are referring to with the "python zip file support". For reading and writing zip files I'm using the build in zip libraries that come with standard Python installs. If there is some specific incompatibility with the built-in zip library and python 3.8.5 I guess I'm not aware of it. If you can elaborate I'll check in to it. (I realize the link is to 3.8.7 but that is the only docs I could find - my main point is it should be bundled with the interpreter). 

@ScratchInside - you'll have to provide a debug log for more information. Best guess is a permissions error writing to whatever source you selected. 

(2021-01-13, 16:01)gil80 Wrote: Using the Backup add on on Kodi 18.9 and the same addon on Kodi 19.0 beta.

When I try to restore my backup, the addon prompts me of the different version between the two Kodis and ask me if to proceed.
When I click YES then it encounters an error but I don’t know where the log is to post here.

My 18.9 is tweaked and has many addons and I would hate to reconfigure everything. I really need to restore my setup to Kodi 19.0

Can anyone help?

I'd need a debug log, instructions provided above, to diagnose further. My best guess is that not only are your versions of Kodi different, but the versions of the addon you used to create and then restore are substanially different as well. The version available in the Leia repo is fairly old. I'd try downloading from source version 1.5.4. This will run on Leia and create a backup set compatible with the Matrix version of 1.6.4.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - fandangos - 2021-01-14

(2021-01-14, 18:06)robweber Wrote:
(2021-01-13, 13:42)fandangos Wrote: Now that I can use rclone with Kodi Matrix I'm moving from Leia to Matrix.

Yes, the latest version is 1.6.4 in the Kodi repo for Matrix. I am not aware of any incompatibility with the version of python that Kodi is using. This addons uses pretty standard Python libs and the Kodi python libraries as well. I'm not sure what you are referring to with the "python zip file support". For reading and writing zip files I'm using the build in zip libraries that come with standard Python installs. If there is some specific incompatibility with the built-in zip library and python 3.8.5 I guess I'm not aware of it. If you can elaborate I'll check in to it. (I realize the link is to 3.8.7 but that is the only docs I could find - my main point is it should be bundled with the interpreter). 

@ScratchInside - you'll have to provide a debug log for more information. Best guess is a permissions error writing to whatever source you selected. 

(2021-01-13, 16:01)gil80 Wrote: Using the Backup add on on Kodi 18.9 and the same addon on Kodi 19.0 beta.

Can anyone help?

I'd need a debug log, instructions provided above, to diagnose further. My best guess is that not only are your versions of Kodi different, but the versions of the addon you used to create and then restore are substanially different as well. The version available in the Leia repo is fairly old. I'd try downloading from source version 1.5.4. This will run on Leia and create a backup set compatible with the Matrix version of 1.6.4.
I have yet to test with Matrix but I was reffering to this:

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/krypton_custom_zipfile

This custom python zipfile is always needed, in Leia, if you want to use compressed files.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Ratounade - 2021-01-20

Hi
I have a Nvidia Shield TV Pro with Kodi + external drive
I want to use the backup addon in order I can replicate/sync my settings on all my devices (shield, PCs, tablets).
The issue is when I backup, the external drive is known as « F:\ » from my PC while on Nvidia Shield, it is known as « /storage/706CB1316DB1F2C8 ». Then obviously it does not work : the path is unknown from one device to one other.
any idea to have my Nvidia Shield see the external drive as « F:\ » or any other suggestion ?
thx

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2021-01-25

(2021-01-20, 15:01)Ratounade Wrote: Hi
I have a Nvidia Shield TV Pro with Kodi + external drive
I want to use the backup addon in order I can replicate/sync my settings on all my devices (shield, PCs, tablets).
The issue is when I backup, the external drive is known as « F:\ » from my PC while on Nvidia Shield, it is known as « /storage/706CB1316DB1F2C8 ». Then obviously it does not work : the path is unknown from one device to one other.
any idea to have my Nvidia Shield see the external drive as « F:\ » or any other suggestion ?
thx
Just so I understand your process it sounds like you are doing the following: 

1. Backing up everything on the Nvidia Shield device to the external 
2. Unplugging the external and moving it to a different device
3. Attempted a restore to keep the settings and things in sync

Is this right? If so could you backup everything but exclude the "script.xbmcbackup" addon data directory? The reason for this is you could then configure the addon on each device to point to whatever the path is for that device. As long as the external mounts with the same folder one could be "F:/" and the other "/storage/.....". By excluding only the addon data for the backup addon you won't overwrite this setting with each transfer. 

If it's an option a simpler solution would be to backup to a shared folder (NAS or otherwise) that both would have access to. That way they'd both use the same path.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - red.grey - 2021-02-01

Hi,
I'm having problems installing Backup add-on in Kodi 18.9...eror:"Failed to install dependency pyyaml script.module.yaml 3.11"
...... any idea how to solve this ?

thanks advanced

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - amsaad13 - 2021-02-01

(2021-02-01, 02:15)red.grey Wrote: Hi,
I'm having problems installing Backup add-on in Kodi 18.9...eror:"Failed to install dependency pyyaml script.module.yaml 3.11"

thanks advanced
Exactly happened to me
Please, anybody, have the answer?

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Tykhon - 2021-02-01

(2021-02-01, 08:35)amsaad13 Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 02:15)red.grey Wrote: Hi,

thanks advanced
Exactly happened to me
Please, anybody, have the answer?
Same, same.  Happens on two new installs I've done.  One is Xbox One UWP and the other is Windows 10 installer (non-UWP).  They're both Leia 18.9.  The Backup version I'm trying to install from the repository is 1.1.3.
When I click on Dependencies in the addon page in the repo, script.module.yaml is at the very top, with "Not available" right beneath it.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - amsaad13 - 2021-02-01

Solved Smile

Download these missing files :

https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/script.module.idna/
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/script.module.yaml/

Then, install them as addons (From ZIP file), and chose them one by one

after that, go and install backup addon normally from the repository, .... DONE

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - DarrenHill - 2021-02-01

There's been an issue recently with the mirror servers not serving up some dependencies correctly (it seems perhaps due to how the versioning numbers were set on some addons, including idna).

Apparently it has now been resolved, so once everything sync's up again properly, it should work properly again (*crosses fingers*).

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - red.grey - 2021-02-01

The same problem continues.
It seems that amsaad13's manual solution solves for now