Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - DavidFW1960 - 2021-03-18

(2021-03-17, 16:40)robweber Wrote:
(2021-03-17, 07:20)DavidFW1960 Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 20:44)robweber Wrote:  
So.. feeling like a moron but the problem was I didn't have a backslash at the end of the path... Yeah that killed it.

Thanks for the update.  Not sure if you read through the details in the release but the fix I just pushed was for exactly that issue. Probably happened to a lot of people.
Yeah I didn't check that as on my Chromecast Kodi I can't patch it anyway so waiting for the fix to be pushed to the repo... so 1.6.6 is the latest for Matrix? Only seeing 1.6.5 here

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2021-03-19

(2021-03-18, 02:19)DavidFW1960 Wrote:
(2021-03-17, 16:40)robweber Wrote:
(2021-03-17, 07:20)DavidFW1960 Wrote: So.. feeling like a moron but the problem was I didn't have a backslash at the end of the path... Yeah that killed it.

Thanks for the update.  Not sure if you read through the details in the release but the fix I just pushed was for exactly that issue. Probably happened to a lot of people.
Yeah I didn't check that as on my Chromecast Kodi I can't patch it anyway so waiting for the fix to be pushed to the repo... so 1.6.6 is the latest for Matrix? Only seeing 1.6.5 here
1.6.6 is approved but not merged into the official repo yet. Just waiting for that to happen and then you'll see the update.

(2021-03-17, 22:37)AgitoM Wrote: Due to a persistent issue with upgrading Kodi from Leia to Matrix, I've been making regular backups of a clean Kodi Matrix installation.
After Kodi became unusable due to a problem with a plugin, I proceeded to restore the most recent made backup.
It was then that I encountered this issue:

When attempting to restore a backup which included a advancedsettings.xml file, the backup did not proceed upon choosing "Yes" for restoring advancedsettings.xml first.
The plugin gave an error and asked me to refer to the log. (I have no idea how to find that)

Eventually I worked around the issue by manually restoring advancedsettings.xml and simply choosing "No" on the "restore first" question.
Am posting this issue here to raise awareness to it, and perhaps assist in the resolving on the issue.

Should any more information be needed, I'd be more the happy to provide it.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll do some testing on my end and see if I can recreate this. Do you happen to know the version of the addon you were using when this happened. There were some issues with GUI dialogs (yes/no dialogs specifically) but those have been patched now. That would help me narrow things down if you know that. Thanks.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - AgitoM - 2021-03-19

(2021-03-19, 22:24)robweber Wrote:
(2021-03-17, 16:40)robweber Wrote: Thanks for the update.  Not sure if you read through the details in the release but the fix I just pushed was for exactly that issue. Probably happened to a lot of people.
1.6.6 is approved but not merged into the official repo yet. Just waiting for that to happen and then you'll see the update.
(2021-03-17, 22:37)AgitoM Wrote: Due to a persistent issue with upgrading Kodi from Leia to Matrix, I've been making regular backups of a clean Kodi Matrix installation.
After Kodi became unusable due to a problem with a plugin, I proceeded to restore the most recent made backup.
It was then that I encountered this issue:

When attempting to restore a backup which included a advancedsettings.xml file, the backup did not proceed upon choosing "Yes" for restoring advancedsettings.xml first.
The plugin gave an error and asked me to refer to the log. (I have no idea how to find that)

Eventually I worked around the issue by manually restoring advancedsettings.xml and simply choosing "No" on the "restore first" question.
Am posting this issue here to raise awareness to it, and perhaps assist in the resolving on the issue.

Should any more information be needed, I'd be more the happy to provide it.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll do some testing on my end and see if I can recreate this. Do you happen to know the version of the addon you were using when this happened. There were some issues with GUI dialogs (yes/no dialogs specifically) but those have been patched now. That would help me narrow things down if you know that. Thanks.
Was running version 1.6.5 when I encountered this issue.
I indeed also encountered the strange behaviour with the "yes/no dialogs". Good to hear that is fixed now.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - DavidFW1960 - 2021-03-20

(2021-03-19, 22:24)robweber Wrote:
(2021-03-17, 16:40)robweber Wrote: Thanks for the update.  Not sure if you read through the details in the release but the fix I just pushed was for exactly that issue. Probably happened to a lot of people.
Thanks for the update Rob

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - TheGame1986 - 2021-04-12

Hey, I have just started using this add-on with the idea of moving my setup over to another system. I am able to create the backups just fine, but fail to restore at all. The add-on will ask if I want to move advancedsettings.xml first, I click yes, and then it error's out.

Here is a full debug log: https://pastebin.com/MZF9csri

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - gil80 - 2021-04-13

delete

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2021-04-14

(2021-04-12, 21:21)TheGame1986 Wrote: Hey, I have just started using this add-on with the idea of moving my setup over to another system. I am able to create the backups just fine, but fail to restore at all. The add-on will ask if I want to move advancedsettings.xml first, I click yes, and then it error's out.

I added this is a bug request. I'll update any findings there: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/190

(2021-04-13, 02:36)gil80 Wrote: I'm using Kodi 19.0 build from this thread and also Kodi 18.9 official.
The way I search and launch movies is by an app called Syncler. I used to have the option to select one of the two Kodis installed on my Shield. For some reason, since the last 19.0 build in this thread, I can no longer select this kodi to play movies. As if the Shield is not aware I have it installed, so when the Syncler app asks me which media player I want to use, I only have Kodi 18.9 in the list with VLC and MX Player, but no Kodi 19.0.

I tried re-installing the 19.0 build in this thread but it still doesn't appear. So it used to work but no longer does. Can anyone suggest how to get this build to be available in any 3rd party app that asks me which player should I use?

Are you sure you're in the right spot? This addon is for backing up Kodi files, not launching media from your device. I think you might need a different support thread.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - TheGame1986 - 2021-04-14

(2021-04-14, 20:29)robweber Wrote:
(2021-04-12, 21:21)TheGame1986 Wrote: Hey, I have just started using this add-on with the idea of moving my setup over to another system. I am able to create the backups just fine, but fail to restore at all. The add-on will ask if I want to move advancedsettings.xml first, I click yes, and then it error's out.

I added this is a bug request. I'll update any findings there: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/190

Thanks. I'll check back soon.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - CiNcH - 2021-06-11

I just did a fresh Kodi 19.1+Backup install. When trying to add a path, the browser lacks several entries, like for example Zerconf browser or Add network location... In Kodi's own File Manager, those entries are available. When I add a network source there, it is also not shown in the Backup addon settings. So I currently can't add a network path which makes the Backup addon pretty much unusable.

EDIT:
Created an Issue.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2021-06-15

Just wanted to put the word out here for anyone that can help with string translations. With help from @Gade I've linked this addon up with the Weblate translation system. If anyone can help with translating strings for this addon the results will automatically create PRs back to the addon repository so I can merge them in. This is way better than the old system that used Transifex. Help out if you can: 

https://kodi.weblate.cloud/projects/kodi-add-ons-scripts/script-xbmcbackup/

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - MB1968 - 2021-07-13

Hi,

I'm unable to create a backup on my Android TV Box. The backup process always stops at the same place: addons\skin.aeonmq7.leia.mod\media\wall\boxes
I'm using version 1.1.3 on a Kodi Leia 18.9 fork, but the same issue also happened on the official Leia 18.9 release. Here's the logfile. The error message starts at line 528.

Any idea what is causing this issue?

Regards

EDIT: I tried version 1.5.4. Same issue.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2021-07-14

(2021-07-13, 23:45)MB1968 Wrote: Hi,

I'm unable to create a backup on my Android TV Box. The backup process always stops at the same place: addons\skin.aeonmq7.leia.mod\media\wall\boxes
I'm using version 1.1.3 on a Kodi Leia 18.9 fork, but the same issue also happened on the official Leia 18.9 release. Here's the logfile. The error message starts at line 528.

Regards

Could you run that same thing again but with Debug logging turned on? The error is a Memory error so my guess is that there is a big file somewhere that can't be sent due to your system not having enough memory to facilitate the copying of the file. Debug mode will list the files as they're copied so we can tell which one is throwing the error.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - MB1968 - 2021-07-14

(2021-07-14, 20:52)robweber Wrote:
(2021-07-13, 23:45)MB1968 Wrote: Hi,

Regards

Could you run that same thing again but with Debug logging turned on? The error is a Memory error so my guess is that there is a big file somewhere that can't be sent due to your system not having enough memory to facilitate the copying of the file. Debug mode will list the files as they're copied so we can tell which one is throwing the error.

The largest file is the Textures.xbt file (220mb) which is part of the AeonMQ7 skin. I have enough free space on the internal storage of my Android device (Beelink GT King). The Beelink had 4GB internal memory, I'll check the free memory.

I'll run a backup tomorrow with debugging enabled. Thanks for your support.

EDIT: I can clearly see in the debug logfile that the Textures.xbt file is the culprit. What I don't understand is that my Beelink GT King tv box seems to have enough free memory (+2500mb), when I check System - Hardware in Kodi.

I have an Android app running in the background (LSpeed) that manages a couple of things, like memory, cpu speed etc. I have never had issues with that app running in the background and running a Kodi backup. I'll have to run some test, with Lspeed disabled.

[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - MB1968 - 2021-07-24

Hi Rob, I'll contact the developer of the skin I'm using. The size of skin Textures.xbt causes backup issues on my Android and CoreELEC installations. Under Leia and Matrix.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - JaztheRaz - 2021-08-10

Hi I am ruining LibreElec on a Pi4

Backup was working but now when I boot up the Pi is states Backup Error see log. 

Which log?

Re Jaz