Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - jcsaba - 2023-03-18

The question is that whether a back-up made under an earlier version of Kodi e.g 19.4 can be used to restore settings in an upgraded version of Kodi e.g. Kodi 20..... Nexus. Can anyone help?

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Syon25 - 2023-03-27

Hello, I hope someone can help me.
On my FireTV Cube Backup does not work any longer.
I reinstalled it already but I every time get an error message on startup:

Backup-Fehler. FÜr mehr Details Log einsehen:

LOG:
https://paste.kodi.tv/mamaqecuho.kodi

Thank you and regards

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - mutagen - 2023-07-03

I bought a new AdroidTV box I want to transfer all the add-ons to the new device using the "backup" add-ons, I was successful backing up to a USB in the old device, but when I try to add the USB path in the Backup setting I get an error in the new device and the error message states "Make suer the selected folder is writable and the new folder name is valid". Do not know hot to fix the path issue.  In both devices I am using the latest Nexus. . Any one can help me with this problem, thanking any one beforehand

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Hitcher - 2023-07-03

Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time.

Thanks a bunch it works now

(2023-07-03, 01:50)Hitcher Wrote: Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time.

thnaks a bunch

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - billdehaan - 2023-07-10

Hi all;

I recently had an issue with Kodi not running on my XBox One S (error message 0x80070091) that required me to uninstall and reinstall Kodi. Fortunately, it kept my config, but I'd like to back it up.

I can't seem to configure it to see my network shares. I've read that I need to change the SMB Client settings, but they simply are not in the UI. They should be above the NFS settings (which are there, but they aren't). Since I got a DropBox account, I figured I'd use that.

However, instead of being asked for my Dropbox username/password, I'm asked for my Dropbox Key and Dropbox Secret. I've been stumbling around trying to find out how to generate these, and every thing seems to point to developer documentation on how to process it when a new application is created.

I don't want to create an app, I just want to be able to send my backup to Dropbox. Can anyone point me at some documentation on how to do that, as a user, not as an application developer?

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mr Durden - 2023-08-13

Hello there.

This is a great addon, pretty much a must-have.

It works great when working with a local backup to a hard drive.

As I want to use it to export my Kodi database to a website for further processing, I switched to Dropbox backup.

Unfortunately this has such a great flaw: it requires authorization each time. This is a rather lenghty process where you have to scan a QR-Code, click consent buttons, and then finally enter a lengthy authorization code (over 40 characters in lenght!) into your Kodi device. I have a good air mouse with embedded keyboard, so it's somehow manageable. But the code does not care about characters which are easily mistaken – if you make a mistake here you have to completely start anew. Time scheduled automation is rather pointless too with this limitation, as it still complains about missing authorization in the background.

Anything I can do? I'm thinking about switching to Google Dive export, not sure if this would help. I would prefer not to, among other things as I would have to reprogram the processing of the exported database file.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Tarkus_ - 2023-08-13

Is there a way for you to backup to a shared Dropbox folder, and have Dropbox itself do the work of syncing it to your Dropbox account?  I do that, but with OneDrive.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mr Durden - 2023-08-13

(2023-08-13, 16:40)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is there a way for you to backup to a shared Dropbox folder, and have Dropbox itself do the work of syncing it to your Dropbox account?  I do that, but with OneDrive.

Thank you for your reply, interesting idea.

Not sure if this will be possible as Kodi is running on Android on a media player. I will have to check out the respective Dropbox app for Android, and if both apps could access the same path on the device.

I will try this out...

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mr Durden - 2023-08-14

(2023-08-13, 16:40)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is there a way for you to backup to a shared Dropbox folder, and have Dropbox itself do the work of syncing it to your Dropbox account?  I do that, but with OneDrive.

I could not get this (Dropboix shared folder approach) to work. At first it looked like I could only share/upload photos. Somehow I managed to create a shared folder "Mobile devices uploads" (it was automatically named this way). But this seems to only exist on the remote Dropbox level. When I tried to access the local folder structure via the Dropbox app, it complained about some "file management app" missing.

I guess I will try to switch to something more simple. One option might be to try to access the SMB / shared folder that I have on my Mac desktop computer, I was able to access this over the regular Kodi file manager. But that would force me to keep the computer running, especially in the evening. Or falling back to a simple USB stick. Not an optimal solution.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mr Durden - 2023-08-14

(2023-07-10, 04:47)billdehaan Wrote: However, instead of being asked for my Dropbox username/password, I'm asked for my Dropbox Key and Dropbox Secret. I've been stumbling around trying to find out how to generate these, and every thing seems to point to developer documentation on how to process it when a new application is created.

I don't want to create an app, I just want to be able to send my backup to Dropbox. Can anyone point me at some documentation on how to do that, as a user, not as an application developer?

You don't really have to become an application developer, you just add an app (type: app folder) in your Dropbox account. The form to enter the details will give you the required key and secret. After saving that data in the Backup preferences (clicking OK) you will have to initiate an authorization process. The whole procedure is not that complicated, it is described here:

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/wiki/Dropbox

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mr Durden - 2023-08-16

I can report some success on my side now.

Downloaded the newest beta 1.7.0b from Github:

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup

Is there a repository for this add-on at all, to keep it always up-to-date automatically?

It works now: the Backup addon now seems to keep the Dropbox authorization. The changelog mentions a change to keep the Dropbox authorization alive:

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/pull/222

FTP would have been the perfect solution. I can add a working FTP URL including login credentials in the Kodi file manager. When I try the same in the Backup addon it is not able to write to that FTP path, although I gave it main user (file/folder owner) login and set the respective folders to 777. But Dropbox works fine for me too.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - xboxhaxorz - 2023-09-07

Is there a way to disable the notification about the schedule?

Everytime i load kodi it tells me, i already know its happening i dont want the reminders

I looked in the settings and couldnt find an option

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - xboxhaxorz - 2023-10-02

How do i use the compress option, it says to choose a location and is defaulted to special://temp, i want to use my usb drive as that is were i am saving it all, but i dont which text to enter

In the remote director option, it actually allows me to browse for the path through file ma nager