Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - baltik - 2014-01-28

When I attempt to replace the guisesettings.xml and type in "kill all -9 xbmc.bin"
I get the following error

sh: invalid number 'all'
sh: can't kill pid -9: No such process
sh: invalid number 'xbmc.bin'

any ideas?

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - spager - 2014-01-28

Hi Guys

I have been trying to transfer my data from Atv2 to my pivos ixos running linux. The problem I am having is that when I copy my backup to my sd card my "Tv Shows" marked watched are there but when I click on any of my shows it comes up this file is no longer available. All my shows are there and working in Video/ files and when I set content from there it duplicates it and works but no marked watched. I am not very tech savvy but is there an easy way to do this?

Why does the Video files work and not the "Tv Shows" and "Movies" files not work?

Kudos on the great work on this add-on. The new data only feature would be amazing.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Samu-rai - 2014-01-28

I've been trying to think of a temporary fix for the GUI settings issue until something more permanent is introduced.

'Lateral thinking' so to speak, and I think I've come up with an idea that in theory would work.

Basically:

You set up your system with two profiles.

One profile can be left in it's default configuration, the other you customise to your requirements.

You then use XBMC backup to create a back of your system, ensuring the config files are saved, and use your customised profile as you normally would.

In the event of a loss of GUI settings, you switch to the second profile, and run the restore you previously saved.

This then restores the GUI on your primary profile, and because it wasn't in use when the restore was applied, when you return to this profile everything is as it was before the loss/corruption.

All good in theory. Haven't tried it yet though.

Any thoughts?

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - tonylynn03 - 2014-01-30

Hi Guys,
How can I call another add-on at the end of restoring process? Please provide the code and where to put it inside XBMC Backup add-on. Thanks.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-01-30

@baltik - you probably figured this out already but the command is "killall -9 xbmc.bin". Note the first part is one word

@spager - the path to your files must be exactly the same on both machines. It sounds like the database is loading but when it tries to find the path it does not exist for some reason. Adding again does work but it's essentially a re-scrape at that point. Double check your sources on both machines.

@Samu-rai

I have not tested the method you are describing either but it may be worth a shot. The thing to find out is when xbmc is reading/writing to the guisettings.xml file. In the past with a single profile it is has been impossible to do a restore while xbmc is running because xbmc dumps it's memory to that file upon exit, completely destroying any changes files you may have copied while it is running. I have no idea if the patch I mentioned will make it into Gotham or not, discussion on it seems to have stalled out.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - bigdogeh - 2014-01-30

something seems to have definitely changed with the xbmc backup program. I've been using it without any issues the last couple months on a few ouya's... and it has worked fine. but now all ouya's are getting xbmcbackup script errors when trying to backup or restore... not sure if it's an android issue or not. the ouya's were originally loaded and configured using the xbmc backup program so it was working well beforehand..
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=120683

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-01-31

Thanks for the logs. I don't see any python errors in the whole file, just this one line looks suspect:

ERROR: - Error getting /mnt/usbdrive/Emerg_Backup/20140130/userdata/

Almost looks like it can't read that directory from the filesystem. Does it exist?

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - bigdogeh - 2014-01-31

thxs for the reply robweber,
that directory existed but was formed when I did a backup and got errors and it didn't backup. so the directory was created but wasn't filled with the userdata or addondata folders. so that would probably explain that error. i'm doing a restore right now on a different ouya with an earlier file, 20140113, and it errored out until i deselected (under file selection) the first line "user addons." After deselecting user addons it seems to have restored OK.

just read your post #515 and see that you may be putting an update out that may fix this
Hopefully you can get it sorted with an update as it was working flawlessly for me in the past and the program is greatly appreciated by its users.. :o)

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - spager - 2014-02-01

(2014-01-30, 21:01)robweber Wrote: @spager - the path to your files must be exactly the same on both machines. It sounds like the database is loading but when it tries to find the path it does not exist for some reason. Adding again does work but it's essentially a re-scrape at that point. Double check your sources on both machines.

Thanks for the reply.

The paths are different for my "Tv Shows" how do I go about fixing this both are on Frodo 12.2.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - spager - 2014-02-01

(2014-02-01, 02:04)spager Wrote:
(2014-01-30, 21:01)robweber Wrote: @spager - the path to your files must be exactly the same on both machines. It sounds like the database is loading but when it tries to find the path it does not exist for some reason. Adding again does work but it's essentially a re-scrape at that point. Double check your sources on both machines.

Thanks for the reply.

The paths are different for my "Tv Shows" how do I go about fixing this both are on Frodo 12.2. After a re-scrape is there a way to just add the Marked Watched? I have been trying to fix this for two weekends.

ATV2 path starts with preference/ library
Pivos path starts with root/sd/media

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - steve7929 - 2014-02-02

I am unable to backup as well and get the same script failed error. I setup xbmc just a couple of days ago and haven't been able to backup at all. Is there something in settings I need to do to make it work? I am trying to backup on the same windows 7 pc.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - spager - 2014-02-02

Hi Robweber;

I have tried multiple times to Restore my backup cross platform and still can't get any files from my Movies or Tv Shows to work (This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library) is this a bug with possible fix or am I doing something wrong?

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - spager - 2014-02-02

^
I found a work around for the cross platform library not working. I brought up the context menu and used the "Play from here" feature and it works from there. It is an extra click which will certainly suffice but it would be nice not to have that extra press.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - spager - 2014-02-06

Did a reinstall and restore now it will not play even with the "Play from here" feature using the contextual menu.

I have been working on this for a while and if someone has some time could you look at my log files and let me know if using the Backup add-on cross platform will work for me or is it just a dream .

I would like to know if I can do something here to make this work or maybe there might be a fix coming.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=126059

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - preali - 2014-02-07

I installed the XBMC backup to a windows 7 computer that I have dedicated for multimedia entertainment. I was able to do one backup about two weeks ago, I had it scheduled to do an automatic backup once a week but it missed the backup as I put the machine to sleep at night. Since then I tried a manual backup and I get a script error. I did an uninstall of the backup addon but still get the script error as the uninstall does not remove the old directories for some reason. I think the script error has some problem with the path to the backup file but I'm not sure. Probably I should go in and delete all the directories, uninstall and reinstall and see what happens. It appears that I'm not the only with this problem.