Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - DruTheFu - 2015-01-23

(2015-01-16, 15:58)robweber Wrote:
(2015-01-14, 18:08)DruTheFu Wrote: EDIT: On second thought, let me try to type in the path including the credentials manually. I'll report back...

That is most likely what you need to do. The example l posted is exactly how the string would appear when typing it out. Kodi is nice when adding sources through the gui in that it just asks you what you need to enter (ie, username/password) and then constructions this url string for you in the background. If you check your sources.xml and have a SMB source with a user/pass that is how it would look.

@robweber - After everything I've tried, I'm still getting nowhere in getting this Add-On to work. Every time Itry to run the backup function, I receive the "Write Error Detected" message. I'm posting two log files.
When I press 'Yes' to proceed after encountering the "Write Error Detected" warning, the add-on appears to function correctly in the progress bar, but when I check on my workstation, the directory that is created from the process contains 48 Files and 1,626 Folders....but it is 0 bytes...empty. It's confusing to me that even when presented with the write error and proceeding, that the add-on has the ability to write/create folders/directories, even the 48 files that equal 0 bytes, but cannot write the actual backup files.

Looking in the logs, I see that when this add-on is connecting to the SMB shared directory, it passes the credentials as 'smb://USERTongueASSWORD@'. I don't know if the log is masking the true credentials for security, or if the add-on is literally sending this string.

Some things I've done/tried:
  • Believing that it was actually a user credential issue on my Windows 8.1 machine, I went ahead and created a whole new account, making sure to not include any spaces in the username (my primary account contains a space, and I thought that may have been the original culprit). I correctly setup sharing and applied the proper permissions of this new account to the directories.

• I've installed the 'ES File Explorer' app onto my Fire TV. Using the credentials of the new account, I am able to successfully able to connect to the exact same directory that my backups would be transferring to via the Backup add-on. I am also able to write and overwrite files in both directions. This leads me to believe that my permissions and credentials are intact.

• Now having the ability to copy files back and forth, I've been able to inspect my 'passwords.xml' and 'sources.xml' files. The content in these files correctly reflect the proper credentials and smb mounts.

• Within the Backup add-on settings, I have tried a number of different combinations for the destination of the backup. I've set the path via 'Browse', manually via "Type Path', and multiple combinations within 'Type Path', such as with including the username/password, without the username/password, using the physical IP Address in the path, using the name alias of the machine...and many combinations of the lot.

• Using the 'Fire TV Utility App' on my workstation, I am able to successfully run its backup feature to transfer the same files from the AFTV Kodi installation to my workstation.

I was thinking another thing to try would be to completely uninstall the Backup add on, delete any directories related to the add on and reinstalling and trying all over from scratch.

Is there anything else someone can think of, or something else to check?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - sak50 - 2015-02-02

First thank you for your program..I am using with success when backing up locally on SMB with PC. I have not had success running openelec on raspberry pi with dropbox. I was able to create the specific account with dropbox and was also able to ssh into the pi to get the verification url. When I go to backup or restore it finds the dropbox folder / file and tries to execute but eventually it times out..Anything you can recommend would be great. thanks

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - swatbat2142 - 2015-02-03

Hello to all

I have a simple question on this addon. Does this addon backup the settings for what movies have been watched and which ones have not?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-02-04

(2015-01-23, 17:15)DruTheFu Wrote: @robweber - After everything I've tried, I'm still getting nowhere in getting this Add-On to work. Every time Itry to run the backup function, I receive the "Write Error Detected" message. I'm posting two log files.
When I press 'Yes' to proceed after encountering the "Write Error Detected" warning, the add-on appears to function correctly in the progress bar, but when I check on my workstation, the directory that is created from the process contains 48 Files and 1,626 Folders....but it is 0 bytes...empty. It's confusing to me that even when presented with the write error and proceeding, that the add-on has the ability to write/create folders/directories, even the 48 files that equal 0 bytes, but cannot write the actual backup files.

Looking in the logs, I see that when this add-on is connecting to the SMB shared directory, it passes the credentials as 'smb://USERTongueASSWORD@'. I don't know if the log is masking the true credentials for security, or if the add-on is literally sending this string.

Some things I've done/tried:
  • Believing that it was actually a user credential issue on my Windows 8.1 machine, I went ahead and created a whole new account, making sure to not include any spaces in the username (my primary account contains a space, and I thought that may have been the original culprit). I correctly setup sharing and applied the proper permissions of this new account to the directories.

• I've installed the 'ES File Explorer' app onto my Fire TV. Using the credentials of the new account, I am able to successfully able to connect to the exact same directory that my backups would be transferring to via the Backup add-on. I am also able to write and overwrite files in both directions. This leads me to believe that my permissions and credentials are intact.

• Now having the ability to copy files back and forth, I've been able to inspect my 'passwords.xml' and 'sources.xml' files. The content in these files correctly reflect the proper credentials and smb mounts.

• Within the Backup add-on settings, I have tried a number of different combinations for the destination of the backup. I've set the path via 'Browse', manually via "Type Path', and multiple combinations within 'Type Path', such as with including the username/password, without the username/password, using the physical IP Address in the path, using the name alias of the machine...and many combinations of the lot.

• Using the 'Fire TV Utility App' on my workstation, I am able to successfully run its backup feature to transfer the same files from the AFTV Kodi installation to my workstation.

I was thinking another thing to try would be to completely uninstall the Backup add on, delete any directories related to the add on and reinstalling and trying all over from scratch.

Is there anything else someone can think of, or something else to check?

Manually typing the path such as acutally putting "smb://USERTongueASS@IP/whatever/whatever" into the path box should work. The addon doesn't care what is in your sources.xml or other documents, it has to be correct in the addon settings. Looking at both your log files that are lots of error messages from the underlying Kodi filesystem about writing files to the path you've set. On the first log file it is sending a bogus user/pass combo and on the second it isn't sending one at all - guessing you changed the path between? Here is an example of the errors, they are file permission issues. The addon appears to run because it is trying to copy the files, it just fails on each one.

Code:
ERROR: static bool XFILE::CFile::Copy(const CURL&, const CURL&, XFILE::IFileCallback*, void*) - Failed write to file smb://USER:[email protected]/GothCorp/KodiBackups/201501230529/xbmcbackup.val

19:59:48 T:1708908592   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CFile::Copy(const CURL&, const CURL&, XFILE::IFileCallback*, void*) - Failed write to file smb://BATCOMPUTER/GothCorp/KodiBackups/201501221959/addons/skin.eminence-master/media/windows/pvr/progress-mid.png

If all else fails enable guest access to the share (just that one) and see if you can write files without the user credentials at all. There is something about that SMB share that Kodi does not like.

(2015-02-02, 18:29)sak50 Wrote: First thank you for your program..I am using with success when backing up locally on SMB with PC. I have not had success running openelec on raspberry pi with dropbox. I was able to create the specific account with dropbox and was also able to ssh into the pi to get the verification url. When I go to backup or restore it finds the dropbox folder / file and tries to execute but eventually it times out..Anything you can recommend would be great. thanks

I'll need a debug log.

(2015-02-03, 16:22)swatbat2142 Wrote: Hello to all

I have a simple question on this addon. Does this addon backup the settings for what movies have been watched and which ones have not?

If you choose to backup the database you will get the watched/unwatched status. This is assuming you aren't using MySQL and using the built in databases.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - Proteus12 - 2015-02-05

Hello everyone!

I'm running Kodi 14.1 on a Mac Mini and my NAS is hosting my whole library running mySQL

I'm expecting a Wetek Play soon and I was wondering if I can backup all my settings and add ons from the mini and restore them to the it so I don't have to set everything up from scratch

Is it possible with the backup addon or it only works for backup/restore of the same machine?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-02-06

It should work on any instance as long as the Kodi version is the same. Just be aware of the guisettings.xml issue as that will most likely have the personalization information you're concerned with.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - ed_davidson - 2015-02-09

I am using Backup. The only issue I have is that when I restore from a backup I can't get the skin settings that I had previously. I'm not sure if this is called the guisettings.xml file. If i manually copy the userdata and addons folder from the backed up file without Kodi running, everything is restored fine. Is there a way round this other then copy the folders manually without Kodi running?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-02-09

You only need to copy the guisettings file - this is all the skin specific settings. No other way when Kodi is running to to this, although several have been proposed none have been adopted into the mainline branch. The FAQ explains this a little better but it's just a limitation at the moment.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - pmerta - 2015-02-13

I am having trouble setting this up on Kodi. I had it working perfectly fine on my apple TV 2 running Gotham, I upgraded to Helix and then restored from the backup that I had saved to dropbox. At one point in the restore there was an error however most of my settings/preferences got restored properly. I finished getting everything the way that I wanted and then tried to do a back up of everything now on Kodi. I authorized the dropbox token and got confirmation that Backup is connected to my dropbox account however I keep on getting a script error saying that Backup failed. When I looked at the logs this is what it shows:
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
/Kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/dropbox/rest.py", line 183, in request
raise ErrorResponse®
ErrorResponse: [401] u'Request token has
not been properly authorized by a user.'
-->End of Python script error report<--

I have tried:
1. Creating a new Dropbox app to backup to
2. Deleting the Dropbox "apps" and creating a new one to backup to
3. Re-jailbreaking and doing a fresh install of Kodi
4. Repeatedly delete and reinstall Backup

Nothing has worked, and since the initial authorization (the first time I had upgraded to Kodi, not the clean install) I have not been prompted to authorize any dropbox accounts that I am trying to link to. If someone could give me some direction that would be great.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-02-13

There is a token file in the addon_data directory - for you I think that would be /var/mobile/Library/Preferences
/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmbackup/

The file is called tokens.txt. Just delete this and Dropbox will ask you to re-authorize. I imagine this is what you need to do. I was going to add some other features in the next week or so, I'll make a note to add a "Delete Authorization Info" button within the settings for the Cloud type accounts so you can reset this easier in the future.

Update: Already changed on Git master branch

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-02-13

I decided to take another look at the progress of the google drive cloud backup option. I believe what is in the testing branch is ready for merging; however I don't want to do this until I've had someone other than me confirm it works.

anyone with a Google Drive account can test this, just follow the instructions in the README. Here is a link to the testing branch, you'll need to install this version of the addon to get the option. There are some Kodi dependencies you'll need but they should all be in the main repo now.

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/helix_google_drive

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - pmerta - 2015-02-13

I followed your direction however there was no file called tokens.txt in the addon_data directory. I did again uninstall backup and then reinstall the newest master copy of Backup. Tried revoking the authorization and set the key and secret after all of this and I am just getting the same script error saying that Backup failed. Log shows this:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named httplib2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-helix_google_drive/default.py", line 4, in <module>
from resources.lib.backup import XbmcBackup
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-helix_google_drive/resources/lib/backup.py", line 7, in <module>
from vfs import XBMCFileSystem,DropboxFileSystem,ZipFileSystem,GoogleDriveFilesystem
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-helix_google_drive/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 9, in <module>
from pydrive.auth import GoogleAuth
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-helix_google_drive/resources/lib/pydrive/auth.py", line 3, in <module>
import httplib2
ImportError: No module named httplib2

I will try to set it up with google drive this afternoon if I have a chance and see if that works.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-02-14

You are sure you checked the script.xbmcbackup folder in the addon_data directory? The Dropbox module will not work without that file.

Also looks like you installed the google drive branch and there is an import missing. I thought all the required libraries were available but maybe not. I would install the master branch not the google drive one.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - pmerta - 2015-02-14

Yeah the only files in that directory (/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmbackup/) are xbmcbackup.val and settings.xml.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - pmerta - 2015-02-14

The dropbox URL is being posted in the logs (you can see below), I can copy it into my web browser and authorize but the token file is still not there.

21:00:45 T:125820928 NOTICE: bool CAAudioUnitSink:ConfusedetupAudio() couldn't set requested samplerate 44100, coreaudio will resample to 48000 instead
21:00:45 T:125820928 NOTICE: void CAAudioUnitSink:ConfusedetCoreAudioBuffersize() setting buffer duration to 0.023220
21:00:45 T:125820928 NOTICE: bool CAAudioUnitSink:ConfusedetupAudio() setup audio format: [lpcm] Mixable Interleaved 2 Channel 16-bit Signed Integer LE (44100Hz)
21:01:48 T:804302848 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:01:48 T:804302848 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:01:54 T:804302848 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.3: Authorize URL: https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=Ea7iYc9XaOGUX4lx
21:01:54 T:804835328 ERROR: unable to load:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/skin.sio2/1080i/DialogOK.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file
21:01:55 T:804302848 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'resources.lib.dropbox.rest.ErrorResponse'>
Error Contents: [401] u'Request token has not been properly authorized by a user.'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/default.py", line 37, in <module>
backup = XbmcBackup()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/backup.py", line 44, in __init__
self.configureRemote()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/backup.py", line 57, in configureRemote
self.remote_vfs = DropboxFileSystem("/")
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 122, in __init__
self.setup()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 142, in setup
user_token = sess.obtain_access_token(token)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/dropbox/session.py", line 205, in obtain_access_token
response = self.rest_client.POST(url, headers=headers, params=params, raw_response=True)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/dropbox/rest.py", line 260, in POST
return cls.IMPL.POST(*n, **kw)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/dropbox/rest.py", line 207, in POST
post_params=params, headers=headers, raw_response=raw_response)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/dropbox/rest.py", line 183, in request
raise ErrorResponse®
ErrorResponse: [401] u'Request token has not been properly authorized by a user.'