Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - iplayforkeeps - 2015-07-29

Not sure if this is the correct place but I was curious if anyone knows of a way to backup my channel settings for the iVue TV Guide plugin. I have spent a while going through and choosing which add-on to load for the corresponding channel. It would be awesome if somehow i could backup this data and possibly even transfer it to my other devices. If further clarification is needed I can happily elaborate further. Thanks

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - pmitrag - 2015-07-30

I use the backup program often. I just did a fresh install of Kodi 15.0 and used to find your backup under Programs. Now I cannot find it there anymore. I verified with another fresh install of Kodi on another device.

Did this get moved? Thanks for any input/advice.

[Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - ed_davidson - 2015-07-30

(2015-07-29, 18:34)iplayforkeeps Wrote: Not sure if this is the correct place but I was curious if anyone knows of a way to backup my channel settings for the iVue TV Guide plugin. I have spent a while going through and choosing which add-on to load for the corresponding channel. It would be awesome if somehow i could backup this data and possibly even transfer it to my other devices. If further clarification is needed I can happily elaborate further. Thanks

Yes you can use backup to backup and restore all your addon_data which is located in the Userdata folder.

I downgraded to 14.2 and then installed it from the Add On Installer. Now it say script failed.

I've used this addon many times and never had this issue.

Anyone know if the Backup addon is no longer working?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - aj25236 - 2015-07-30

ive also looked everywhere for the backup add on after upgrading to kodi 15 and cannot find a working one anywhere. im currently at a stand still as far as reloading my most recent backup. also couldn't find it on helix as i couldn't get the original repos to load anymore. rob is this currently being fixed? is there somewhere we can download ver 1.0.6 and install for now?

Thanks for confirming issue aj25236. Hopefully robweber is working on a new release or let us know when it will be available. Loved this little addon and used it all the time, would hate to see it not be available anymore.

is there another add on that currently works for kodi 15 to backup and restore that anyone can confirm working?

[Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - ed_davidson - 2015-07-30

There is nothing that I'm aware that will backup everything for you. If you just want your addon_data backed up you could try the community builds addon. It has a section for backing up your data. As far as robwebber backup have you tried installing 1.0.6 from the GitHub?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - iplayforkeeps - 2015-07-30

In the Userdate Folder i haven't been able to find anything named iVue. Is there a way to backup one program addon specifically?
(2015-07-30, 02:05)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2015-07-29, 18:34)iplayforkeeps Wrote: Not sure if this is the correct place but I was curious if anyone knows of a way to backup my channel settings for the iVue TV Guide plugin. I have spent a while going through and choosing which add-on to load for the corresponding channel. It would be awesome if somehow i could backup this data and possibly even transfer it to my other devices. If further clarification is needed I can happily elaborate further. Thanks

Yes you can use backup to backup and restore all your addon_data which is located in the Userdata folder.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - MrMenshan - 2015-07-30

I did a restore from my 14.2 backup to the current 15.0 version using ADBFire but I'm getting a lot of "update failed" messages. The FireStick has even frozen up on me when I get one of those "update failed" messages. The only things that i see in those backups are user data folders. Is there anyway to perform a restore using adbfire from one version to another. Im assuming that one of the files in the backup checks for the version release.

***UPDATE***

Just checked today on Isengard 15.0 and the Backup addon is there again. Rob must have restored this or fixed it...thanks!!!

HOORAY!!!

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - elra - 2015-07-31

I'm dying a little today, Just installed windows 10 and the backup script fails at 2% of reading any of my 2 last backups, wether it's in Isengard or Helix, I have older separate backups of my video and music library but I would be so happy if there's a fix for this.
Edit: Had some wonderful help on reddit, apparently you can extract the zip to the %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata locations needed! Everything works fine (so far)!

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-08-06

Been on vacation with little access to internet for a while. 1.0.6 has been pushed to the repo, hopefully this will show up for Helix and Isengard users soon. I haven't yet made the plunge to Isengard yet so those that have please post some debug logs of your issues. I hope to do so soon (I use OpenELEC and am waiting for a version on Isengard final) - I might get a chance to update a Windows machine just for testing in a day or two.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - grossdm - 2015-08-16

(2015-05-14, 17:31)robweber Wrote:
(2015-05-12, 18:24)garbokawa Wrote: @robweber
Can you please add an option to run the backup ASAP/with defined delay when Kodi is opened if the last schedule is missed? That will be great.

I'll look into that. It would have to be an option as most people would find the backup running after startup kind of annoying. I can see how in some instances though it might be what you want.

I've just submitted the most up to date version to the Kodi Repo. Usually this gets accepted within a day or so. The new version includes many of the fixes pointed out over the last month, including a great catch on github from brokeh to fix growing zip archives. Google Drive support has also been added for those interested in that.

I would also like the option to run scheduled backups that were missed, please.
As a side question to the forum, do many or most users keep Kodi running continuously?

Thanks for a great add-on! (I'm assuming part of this - I haven't needed to restore yet. Big Grin)

Edit: I just noticed my "reputation" - it confirms what I have assumed others thought of me...