Kodi Community Forum
Broken Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Broken Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown] (/showthread.php?tid=129709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - errantdust - 2013-11-23

Thanks for making such a wonderful plugin, I've been using it for years and am really grateful for it.

Unfortunately, I've run into trouble with it on my new linux box, and this thread seems to be the only place to file a bug report. Here's my crash log (with debug statements and stack trace):
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=88579

The problem I've been running into is that the plugin runs fine when loading the show browser, but whenever I try to play an episode XMBC abruptly closes and does a core dump. I can browse jut fine, but as soon as a I tell it to actually play an episode from crunchyroll takeout I'm abruptly dumped back to my desktop. This installation of XBMC will happily play local files and streams via the youtube plugin, so the problem seems to be something specific to crunchyroll takeout. I've had this problem for about two weeks, so it predates the android drm issue flagged above.

I'd be really grateful if someone could give me some advice on what I could do to fix the problem.

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - yoshiofthewire - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-23, 13:32)errantdust Wrote: The problem I've been running into is that the plugin runs fine when loading the show browser, but whenever I try to play an episode XMBC abruptly closes and does a core dump.

So, I wasn't able to replicate the error.
So, first I will admit to never hearing of Sabayon Linux before.
From the log file I have a few things I would like you to try.
Does XBMC crash on the alternative streaming method?
I see from the log that you are watching with BR subs.
Does it still crash with US subs?

If it crashes on US subs but not with the alternative streaming method then the bug is in the copy of the RTMP decoder in that build.
If you can I would update libRTMP

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - errantdust - 2013-11-24

XBMC doesn't crash with the alternative streaming method.
I had no idea it was set to BR subs, I've switched it back to US subs and it crashes when not using the alternative streaming method.

There was an upstream distro release of a new build of XBMC which I accidentally downloaded as part of my standard system update this morning. Since that release, crunchyroll takeout seems to be taking down KDE when it crashes and also no longer leaving a crashlog.

I've tried using copying the version of libRTMP you linked over my standard (and now backed up) librtmp.so.0 and that's not helped. I do appear to also have a librtmp.so and a librtmp.so.1 file as well, and I don't know which one xbmc is calling. So it's possible that by overwriting the librtmp.so.0 file I overwrote a version it isn't actually calling.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next, since I can't get XBMC to output another crashlog, and it kills KDE when I try to use the plugin.
I suppose if it turns out its a problem in my distro's build of XBMC, I could always try to compile the version of XBMC in Gentoo's testing branch via portage. Do you have any other ideas?

(also, thank you for narrowing the problem down to librtmp, that helps a lot.)

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - yoshiofthewire - 2013-11-25

If you can I would try to install XBMC from the Gentoo Portage Mainline.

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - Kagato - 2013-11-30

I saw the same behavior with OpenElec 3.2.4 Stable. Tried pulling up "I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job." Episode 9 and would bail about a minute or so into the episode at the exact same point. Tried 720p and 1080p streams, same thing.

I was able to get around the issue using alternative streaming method.

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - v1n1c1uS - 2013-12-01

I updated to Openelec 3.2.4( I don't know if this caused the problem), but I can't see the subtitles(Brazilian Portuguese - 480p playback)

It's fine on web browser.

Re: RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - le__ - 2013-12-01

(2013-12-01, 01:53)v1n1c1uS Wrote: I updated to Openelec 3.2.4( I don't know if this caused the problem), but I can't see the subtitles(Brazilian Portuguese - 480p playback)

It's fine on web browser.
Which series/episodes did you tried?
There's no subs at all, or is it showing in English?

And what is your plugin configurations like on subs language and line-up region?

If you change those to English and US, the problem persist?

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - v1n1c1uS - 2013-12-01

le_ I tried with two series: Kill La Kill and Hajime no Ippo - Rising

My line line region is US and subtitle is "Default". I never changed that.

But I tried a few settings (with the same two series: Hajime ni Ippo Rising 8 and Kill la Kill 9)

My settings were Subtitle Language: "Default" (In my crunchyroll profile i Have Brazilian Portuguese as Default) and line region US

I changed to subtitles PT-BR and line region BR

And after I tried subtitles US and line region US

All these 3 settings led to the same result: Video is ok(480p and 720p), but no subtitle. If I Press the subtitle button on my remote It shows Cruchy_xxxx.ass showing that there's a subtitle file in the video, but it does'nt show up on TV screen.

Web Browser, Ps3 App and Android App are showing the subtitles with no problem.

Anyway, Thanks for the attention.

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - le__ - 2013-12-02

So, I've just downloaded and installed OpenELEC 3.2.4 on my RaspberryPi and got the same, no subs at all showing, but with subtitles being listed in the audio/subtitles sub-menu.
And the problem isn't restricted only to the plugin, actually OpenELEC didn't show any external ssa/ass subtitles I tried on my local network videos.

External Subrip/.srt files works fine, but external SubstationAlpha/.ass don't show at all.
If I simply remux those .ass subs with the video, then they work... I don't know, but it seems some kind of bug to me.

For now on this case, one workaround is to enable on the plugin settings the "Use unstyled subs" to convert the crunchyroll subs to the srt format, but it will remove all the styles/positioning of the subtitles...

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - v1n1c1uS - 2013-12-03

Thanks for the testing.

I use Openelec since 1.99 something, until 3.2.3 was ok. Must be some bug from the version.

This week, I'm very busy to rollback to 3.2.3 to test.

I'll wait the fix, until then I will check the unstyled subs option.

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - L-Elf - 2013-12-06

Just installed RaspBMC from NOOBS a few days ago. Anything I play quits after about 30 seconds. First the subtitles stop working, then a few moments later the video quits to the RaspBMC screen. What's strange is I think it got through a whole episode at 1080p when I tried yesterday.

An error like this appears in the log:

ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (5 bytes)
ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (42 bytes)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 68411

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - L-Elf - 2013-12-06

It seems to only stop videos from edgecdn, but videos from fplive play normally.

Attack on Titan ep 14 only plays in SD even if I ask for 1080p, although it plays correctly (fplive)

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - yoshiofthewire - 2013-12-07

(2013-12-06, 21:48)L-Elf Wrote: Attack on Titan ep 14 only plays in SD even if I ask for 1080p, although it plays correctly (fplive)

fplive videos are forced to playback with the alternative method by default, making them SD.
XBMC can't playback HD Videos hosted on fplive.

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - dochi - 2013-12-18

Hi,

first of all thanks for the great addon. I am using OpenElec on a RaspberryPi.

My problem is that that I do not get any video lists. Every Subfolder is just empty(All Anime, By genre/xxx etc.).

Ive tried it with my account, without an account and with different DNS servers, my normal one and one to watch US stuff.

RE: Crunchyroll Takeout v0.7.2.2 2013.10.30 - yoshiofthewire - 2013-12-18

(2013-12-18, 01:05)dochi Wrote: Hi,

first of all thanks for the great addon. I am using OpenElec on a RaspberryPi.

My problem is that that I do not get any video lists. Every Subfolder is just empty(All Anime, By genre/xxx etc.).

Ive tried it with my account, without an account and with different DNS servers, my normal one and one to watch US stuff.

Can you please post a copy of your log files so I can take a look? [How to post log files]

And before anyone asks, at this time this is broken in XBMC 13 alpha.
Making it work in 13 alpha WILL break it in older copies of XBMC.