Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Re: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-12

Library stats come from script.randomandlastitems sometimes take a while to show up, but will look into problem when back home

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 21:29)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-06-12, 20:10)Mudislander Wrote: Try redoing your menu, think I changed a setting in widget names. If redoing doesn't help will look into it when I'm back.

Okay found error can only upload fix at end of week when I'm back

Was just about to add that clearing and re-adding didn't help, took a while to check as I accidentally cleared down my whole library (hint to the wise, if you accidentally add / to library, be very careful when you delete it - especially if you have mounted your Samba share in Linux!) Blush

(2012-06-06, 23:19)Mudislander Wrote: @kevjs1982

Navigation sounds used to be an issue with XBMC, sometimes they worked sometimes they didn't. Must say I haven't seen any new discussions on the issue for a while now. ATM on my laptop every keypress creates a sound and that's what's supposed to happen - can't check main Openelec machine as wife's watching telly.

In getting Purple back yesterday I noticed the sounds had switched back to "Bursting Bubbles" - once I changed to "Skin Default" the back button started working again - whoops! It might just be me but it seams a little quicker using the default sounds too. Smile

Re: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-12

Major problems happen to library if on unavailable network share Sad

Glad your sounds working - not skin related

Found problem with home panels but cant submit fix ATM

AW: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-12

My project only has slowed down...
This is due to various reasons:
1) The MOD is close to something called "finished" Wink
TBH there are only some things left to be done...
2) After the marriage, two months ago, I directly went into my exams
3) Need some time for my wife...
4) can't see the code of my mod anymore...working on it for over a year now...need some fresh stuff...

BTW: changing the flags is already on todo list and planned for next release...

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - demonnerd - 2012-06-13

eeeeeeeeeeeeeh help...... my confluence lite mod skin went to hell on my eden 11.0 i reinstalled xbmc and delete my profile and reinstalled the skin and it just shows one damn theme on the light mod. i even reinstalled it from a zip but nothing works. right.. i need help.......... for some nice ass reason my xbmc is not even looking in media/themes ...... ill try a nightly of xbmc12 next ill try a new pc after i bust this one with a hammer

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-13

there is no media/themes folder.. you need to put the xbt files in the /media folder or it wont
find them

(2012-06-13, 00:15)demonnerd Wrote: eeeeeeeeeeeeeh help...... my confluence lite mod skin went to hell on my eden 11.0 i reinstalled xbmc and delete my profile and reinstalled the skin and it just shows one damn theme on the light mod. i even reinstalled it from a zip but nothing works. right.. i need help.......... for some nice ass reason my xbmc is not even looking in media/themes ...... ill try a nightly of xbmc12 next ill try a new pc after i bust this one with a hammer

You situation is you want to go directly to the music files instead of going through genre, artist,
album then the songs and having to go back and forth to find them. the situation can be fixed
by creating a folder in the playlists subdirectory for them like GenreBySong and creating smart playlists based on the genres that you listen to.. create a smart playlist, select type as song , give the playlist a title say Rock, Country etc. add find items where genre is the genre your wanting it to find, set item must match one or more, and set limit to no limit and order by whatever order you want them presented to you.. You were wanting the folder to be put in the music submenu to make it easier
for you to get to the files with lesser clicks, I tried to explain that too you, you will always have to bckup that file and everytime there is an update you will have to copy that file back over to the 720p directory.

It would be nice if we could add a "folder to the menu like we do playlists.. what you can do is add the folder to a favorite and add that favorite to the menu as an alternative to the submenu.

(2012-06-12, 14:57)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: ok, what I read here again: I'm not the one and only with the individual submenu/playlists button wishes :-)

I get now some advice from wilson.joe (many thanks!)...how to do it on my own way....I hope, I solve that
that on my own...

Any graphic changes will have to be added to the xbt files for those files to work unless
one has the /flagging folder in in there media subdirectory which will come first over
an xbt file as so does any other files in those folders I have found.. that is why I put all
the image into the xbt files and remove the folders from my setup, that way I know
what is working right and whats not. I hope im not expected to go through everyone
of my custom themes other then the default ones and change all the colorized ones
I put in place in the transparency set. by the way there still is a problem with blackback.png
and black-back.png, when I made those changes to the code removed the image blackback.png
the problem rears its head again in Max's added view.. will post things over at GIT after I
have some coffee.

(2012-06-12, 22:07)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-06-12, 21:04)matt77303 Wrote: Good work on the skin so far, as it appears max's solo effot is being abandoned in favour of this one there is one thing stopping me from moving to this one, is there any chance of using his codec flag images so they they dont look like there just stuck there? i believe his use a transparent background. imho they look much better.

And also when playing music and you go back to the home screen, so you have the fanart and cd cover etc is it possible to hide the 'home panel addons' 'suggested albums' etc so you can see the fanart? at least when you on the music tab?

Thanks

Matt
and also i agree with the above poster on the BannerRightList view, and also lowlist when on movies could you add the option to tilt the case?

Matt

Max's mod is not being dropped, but he was talking about changing some codec flags on this mod

Suggested music items stay on home screen while playing music for easy change, was previously requested for this behavior

Re lowlist are you actually asking for something like media info 2 on Convergence ?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - demonnerd - 2012-06-13

i got my skin fixed but mudisle repo is messed up bad its not even down loading a full skin update of lite mod so i just delete it from my repos some one tell mudisle to fix the confluence lite mod....or something

I see why there is a confusion going on... the /media/themes folder is uncompressed copies of the themes... one has to run TexturePacker on them for them to compress and place the xbt in the /media subdirectory for those to work.. It was done that way to make it easier for me to upload images if there was a little change then to have to compress them all at once.. and in the end it would have you downloading 200 megs of themes just for a tiny little png file being colored. though I do have copies of them in xbt format that is posted a few posts back. which should be stickied..

Do we have our own wiki, and if so has anyone been working on it. I think I can spend a little time getting some useful information up to explain somethings to everyone to make it easier for them to get up and going.

TexturePacker -input /PathToTheme -output /MediaDirectoryPath/ThemeName.xbt

another way of doing it if your only using one theme set is to make that theme and its directories
the media subdirectory by renaming a theme directory media and just using it as the media directory with only its contents. hope i didn't confuse anyone.. I'm sure I have..

Here is the link to the themes I posted in a compressed format.. I just place the xbt file in the
media folder, in fact thats all I got in my setup and removed everything else out of it even the
directories. place the xml file in the /colors and the jpg files in the /backgrounds
Posted Themes

Re: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-13

I'll sticky the links when I get back Smile
Re the wiki - I was going to start one & put the mod on the skin comparison page. If you'd like to do some work on a wiki page, it's easy once you get into it. Try using another skin's page eg Convergence as a template.

Re: RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-13, 04:36)demonnerd Wrote: i got my skin fixed but mudisle repo is messed up bad its not even down loading a full skin update of lite mod so i just delete it from my repos some one tell mudisle to fix the confluence lite mod....or something

I need a bit more info than "messed up bad"

Repo works for me, no problem

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-13

Sorr guys to jump in, but I don't get the point...
It doesn't matter if the textures are uncompressed or in textures.xbt...
Both will work, so what's the exact problem?

the themes uncompressed in media/themes instead of media will not work as is for a theme unless one of them is to replace the texture's blue default thats extracted in the /media directory, and the files in the folders in the /media directory do take priority over those in the textures.xbt files that are placed in the /media directory I know this because of the issuethat arose because of the yellow check that was showing up even when i compressed the themes directories into xbt files so I cleared out the whole /media directory and all subdirectories and just placed the xbt files in there.. problem was solved. /media/flagging will take proiority over say my colorized ones in the TransOrange.xbt them for example and one wont get all the effects of the theme. the ones in the /media/themes need to be compressed or copied over to the root of /media to work.. now it would be nice if we could just have a themes directory with uncompressed images makes it easier to upgrade and modify many themes at once.
Im not seeing problems with the git either..

EDIT: my post was @demonnerd that found that by downloading the git only the default blue
textured theme is workable from the git as is.

(2012-06-13, 08:01)mad-max Wrote: Sorr guys to jump in, but I don't get the point...
It doesn't matter if the textures are uncompressed or in textures.xbt...
Both will work, so what's the exact problem?

Re: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-13

wilson.joe please check for me that status folder in media is empty, that is for user custom watched images. I had a yellow check mark in there when testing & might have left it in by error. Cheers hey.