Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Geoff Kennedy - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 03:47)Langston Hughes Wrote: I fear I am just being stupid, but...

I cannot get this scrapper to work. Does the file naming sequence have to be any different? I have my movies in individual folders ex:

Movies\Bad Lieutenant (1992)
Within that folder the movie is named: Bad Lieutenant (1992)

What am I missing here? When XMBC Library runs the auto update, nothing happens. XBMC sees the files there, under "files" but it doesnt get scrapped into the movies folder. When I manual update the library, nothing happens. Please advise.

Edit: Trying to add debug log, apparently I am not getting the correct link from pastebin.

Don't worry Langston, I am feeling stupid right along with you. I read the posts from every one saying "Great thanks, that worked perfectly." and I just sit here updating my library for no effing reason. Fingers crossed that someone will take pity on us and draw this out in crayon...

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - braz - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 03:47)Langston Hughes Wrote: I fear I am just being stupid, but...

I cannot get this scrapper to work. Does the file naming sequence have to be any different? I have my movies in individual folders ex:

Movies\Bad Lieutenant (1992)
Within that folder the movie is named: Bad Lieutenant (1992)

What am I missing here? When XMBC Library runs the auto update, nothing happens. XBMC sees the files there, under "files" but it doesnt get scrapped into the movies folder. When I manual update the library, nothing happens. Please advise.

Edit: Trying to add debug log, apparently I am not getting the correct link from pastebin.

What movies is this happening with? I had this problem when I named my files with the year from IMDB rather than from TMDb. Bad Lieutenant is the same year in both databases though, so that shouldn't be the issue with that movie.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Langston Hughes - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 05:25)Geoff Kennedy Wrote: Don't worry Langston, I am feeling stupid right along with you. I read the posts from every one saying "Great thanks, that worked perfectly." and I just sit here updating my library for no effing reason. Fingers crossed that someone will take pity on us and draw this out in crayon...
Haha, lets hope.

(2012-12-06, 05:27)bryanbrazil Wrote: What movies is this happening with? I had this problem when I named my files with the year from IMDB rather than from TMDb. Bad Lieutenant is the same year in both databases though, so that shouldn't be the issue with that movie.

Every movie I've added for the past 5-7 days. I didnt pay too much attention, but then I searched and realized my time frame coincided with everyone else's. I have already checked the movie years. I could list them all, but I think that would be redundant.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-06

Odds are high that you didn't change the scraper from IMDb by 'changing content' from the context menu of the movie source.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Kokonutcreme - 2012-12-06

Thanks Olympia

Latest update has resolved my scraping problems everything back to normal

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - chander - 2012-12-07

Concerning movie sets: is it possible to scrape the poster use on tmdb for collection? XBMC just shows a random poster of any movies in the collection but i don't know if it's frodo/scraper/skin related...

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-07

xbmc related and no, it's not possible.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - chander - 2012-12-07

Ok thanks for your answer.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - sdsnyr94 - 2012-12-07

(2012-12-05, 11:10)chander Wrote: Is there a log where i can see which movies were/weren't scraped?

Thanks

As a long time Ember user, I have all my movies sorted in the /path/Movie (release date)/Movie (releasedate).mkv format. Recently, in testing the TMDB scraper to see how it organised my collection with Movie Sets, I ran into a couple of issues... and I am sure that this will affect me when I test this scraper. Since I let Ember rename all my files/folders, I have some movies that do not scrape into the library, such as Star Wars and Ghostbusters. The reasons have already been identified in this thread, but to refresh:

Star Wars (1977) - is not listed in TMDB... it is listed as Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
Ghost Busters (1984) - I assume this was named according to the "original" title from IMDB... it is listed as Ghostbusters (1984) on TMDB.

I also have numerous files where the dates are mismatched.... causing the files to not be scraped.

My issue is that I have 750+ movies.... is there any way, other than scanning through the xbmc.log file, that I can figure out which files have been skipped? Is there a way to add this ability into a scraper, or would this need to be a function within XBMC?

If I can get a list of which files got skipped, I can then change the names of my files and/or update TMDB where necessary.

This would be something for XBMC. The only way how you can do it to browse through the source in file mode and see whether if the specific folder shows a poster or not.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - tungmeister - 2012-12-07

(2012-12-05, 12:40)tungmeister Wrote:
(2012-12-05, 08:58)olympia Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 19:35)olympia Wrote: OK, I see why this is happening. Actually a bug which I will need to address eventually...
Should only happen with movies which doesn't have an IMDb id registered on TMDb.

Should be fixed in v1.9.1

The issue still seems to be present, debug log here

Not sure if you noticed this already but have you any idea why I'm still getting an empty scrape?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - sdsnyr94 - 2012-12-07

(2012-12-07, 22:02)olympia Wrote: This would be something for XBMC. The only way how you can do it to browse through the source in file mode and see whether if the specific folder shows a poster or not.

I never thought about that... that should work out just as well!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Now I know this is a question for TMDB, but maybe someone knows the answer... when you have a movie with a date issue, whose is "Correct"? If IMDB shows 2011 but TMDB shows 2012, should I update TMDB to show the 2011 date, or should I change my files to match the TMDB's 2012?

(2012-12-07, 22:31)tungmeister Wrote:
(2012-12-05, 12:40)tungmeister Wrote:
(2012-12-05, 08:58)olympia Wrote: Should be fixed in v1.9.1

The issue still seems to be present, debug log here

Not sure if you noticed this already but have you any idea why I'm still getting an empty scrape?

It would've been nicer if you were mentioning that I fixed the issue for most of your movies, but there is still some (maybe only this one) with the issue? The issue should now only happening when the movie is part of a collection. Anyway, fixed in v1.9.3

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Langston Hughes - 2012-12-08

(2012-12-06, 09:28)olympia Wrote: Odds are high that you didn't change the scraper from IMDb by 'changing content' from the context menu of the movie source.

Within the add-on itself? Its set to TMDB.

So how I have them labeled and what I have in the file folder that I previously posted is all I need?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - tungmeister - 2012-12-08

Sorry If I appeared ungrateful that wasn't my intention, thanks for all the hard work and solving the issue I was having! Do you have any plans to implement fallback functionality so that if an element isn't available from say IMDb it could be retrieved from TMDb?