Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - meka - 2013-06-27

Is it possible if the movie database has multiple runtime entries to let the user select from these? Or match the entries to the real runtime of the video file? Or simply use this value in the first place? For example Lord Of the Rings is displayed with 178min although its the EE with 208min. Is it possible to solve this in the scraper?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Milhouse - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-27, 15:24)meka Wrote: Is it possible if the movie database has multiple runtime entries to let the user select from these? Or match the entries to the real runtime of the video file? Or simply use this value in the first place? For example Lord Of the Rings is displayed with 178min although its the EE with 208min. Is it possible to solve this in the scraper?

If you have an nfo with streamdetails, it seems to ignore the <runtime> tag and instead use the streamdetails <durationinseconds> tag.

My Two Towers .nfo (created by Ember) has the following:

Code:
  <runtime>179 min  | 223 min (special extended edition) | 235 min (extended edition)</runtime>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
      </audio>
      <video>
        <aspect>2.424</aspect>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <durationinseconds>13071</durationinseconds>
        <height>528</height>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <width>1280</width>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>

yet the GUI runtime is shown as 217 minutes (13071 seconds is 217m 51s).

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-06-27

When an nfo file exists, XBMC import it instead of kicking off the scraper -> not a scraper thing

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - gnr1 - 2013-06-29

Hi Olympia, I am having a little problem, searched the whole internet but could not find the solution. I have the latest universal movie scraper 2.4.4. But I cannot add any short movies ... for an example - Presto (2008). It just cannot find any short movies. Can you please tell me how to fix it?
Thank you.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-06-29

Yes, look at the scraper settings.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - gnr1 - 2013-06-30

I tried every settings possible ... with themoviedb on/off, with imdb include all movie categories, but no luck!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - gnr1 - 2013-06-30

Ok I found the solution for short movies... just don't use the universal movie scraper as ur content type! just use "the movie database".

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-30, 01:14)gnr1 Wrote: I tried every settings possible ... with themoviedb on/off, with imdb include all movie categories, but no luck!

Because you changed the settings in the add-ons manager which only changes the scraper defaults.
You need to change source specific settings by bringing up the context menu on the specific source and change content type.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Aresius - 2013-08-09

Hello,

I have a little problem while switching from tmdb scraper to universal movie scraper.

I configured the scraper to get information from TMDB with German as preferred language and that's working fine as long as the title is figured out automatically. For some of my movies I created .nfo files to change or add additional information. The last line in those files is always the TMDB URL of the movie (e.g. http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/2503). The problem is now, that the unversal movie scraper seems to ignore my language preference for all movies such an .nfo file exists for. All information of those movies is scraped in english, instead.

Please, could anybody give me some hints how to get this right.

PS: I'm using Frodo and Universal Movie Scraper 2.4.4

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Barry D. - 2013-08-16

I just noticed that the 'Universal Movie Scraper' was automatically updated to 2.4.4 and now my movie library posters and fanart have been decimated.

I am going to re-scrape and then turn OFF auto updating.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Martijn - 2013-08-16

(2013-08-16, 22:42)Barry D. Wrote: I just noticed that the 'Universal Movie Scraper' was automatically updated to 2.4.4 and now my movie library posters and fanart have been decimated.

which is totally non related to the update but sure go ahead

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-08-17

(2013-08-16, 22:42)Barry D. Wrote: I just noticed that the 'Universal Movie Scraper' was automatically updated to 2.4.4 and now my movie library posters and fanart have been decimated.

Last update (v2.4.4) for the Universal Movie Scraper was released on 03 June, 2013.
Yesterday there was an update on the Universal Artist Scraper...

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Barry D. - 2013-08-17

(2013-08-17, 07:45)olympia Wrote:

Last update (v2.4.4) for the Universal Movie Scraper was released on 03 June, 2013.
Yesterday there was an update on the Universal Artist Scraper...

I guess I haven't used my tablet for XBMC since June 3 because when I did yesterday it said it was updating Universal Movie Scraper. I don't have the Artist Scraper installed...no music.

I don't know what happened or really why it happened, I just know that most of the posters for my movies disappeared on my tablet.

I just re-scraped my host and cleaned the library on my tablet and everything is back. My host would have been updated with the new version when it was released because it's on 24/7. I guess I really don't need it on my tablet anyway.

Just another mystery of life...

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Rourke - 2013-08-17

I get my genres from TheMovieDB, and it's set to Dutch (NL). After scraping I get genres in both Dutch and English. Ie. Action but also Actie, or Comedy but also Komedie. I guess this is because TheMovieDB falls back to English genres when the Dutch name isn't available.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I'd really like to use genres in Dutch.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-08-17

(2013-08-17, 11:23)Rourke Wrote: I get my genres from TheMovieDB, and it's set to Dutch (NL). After scraping I get genres in both Dutch and English. Ie. Action but also Actie, or Comedy but also Komedie. I guess this is because TheMovieDB falls back to English genres when the Dutch name isn't available.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I'd really like to use genres in Dutch.

I believe this will be an issue on the backend (TMDb) side. You should raise the question on their forum.