Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - neurosis13 - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-14, 00:39)olympia Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 22:34)GStacks13 Wrote: I've been having this problem too on my Openelec platform, and after editing line 25 to the snippet provided, it fixed the rating issue perfectly. But UMS also hasn't been getting the plot outline from IMDB, and that snippet didnt fix that. The plot outline issue cropped up at the same time as the rating one did, so I'm positive they're related.

Any ideas why this isn't working Olympia?

(2015-12-13, 22:58)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 22:34)GStacks13 Wrote: I've been having this problem too on my Openelec platform, and after editing line 25 to the snippet provided, it fixed the rating issue perfectly. But UMS also hasn't been getting the plot outline from IMDB, and that snippet didnt fix that. The plot outline issue cropped up at the same time as the rating one did, so I'm positive they're related.

Any ideas why this isn't working Olympia?

now that you are mentioning it i think i am experiencing the same issue.

And that original title/country bug is still around.

Trying to address the imdb outline issue in common.imdb.com scraper v2.8.2.

I have no idea about that original title/country bug and that's a very vague/wrong definition. There might be a bug, but not as you think I believe. Just because your skin of choice is showing the original title (when available) prior to country, doesn't mean the country info gets incorrectly scraped.

Anyhow, I can't reproduce this. A debug log might help a bit, but the whole title thing on IMDb is pure madness.

yes i understand and i don't really know whats going on as all these problems pooped up in one go, i will try to help you as much as i can, maybe we can fix this.

here is the log:

http://pastebin.com/Swv5ijdc

The movie i scraped as an example is " Trick 'r Treat 2007"

i am getting routed on imdb webpage to the german site:

and this is how it looks after scraping:

i ruled out a mistake within the settings :

and this is from the log:

23:51:46 T:123145303453696 DEBUG: scraper: GetDetails returned <details><id>tt0862856</id><originaltitle>Trick 'r Treat - Die Nacht der Schrecken</originaltitle

and that's wrong, it's not the original title.

this is:

23:51:47 T:123145303453696 DEBUG: scraper: ParseIMDBAKATitles returned <details><title>Trick 'r Treat</title></details>

i hope i described the problem in an understandable way.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - GStacks13 - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-14, 00:39)olympia Wrote: Trying to address the imdb outline issue in common.imdb.com scraper v2.8.2.

Would a log from my end of this issue help you at all?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-14, 01:33)GStacks13 Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 00:39)olympia Wrote: Trying to address the imdb outline issue in common.imdb.com scraper v2.8.2.

Would a log from my end of this issue help you at all?
This problem as being said is hopefully fixed so no log is needed for now. Test it please when the scraper auto-updates.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-14, 01:20)neurosis13 Wrote: yes i understand and i don't really know whats going on as all these problems pooped up in one go, i will try to help you as much as i can, maybe we can fix this.

here is the log:

http://pastebin.com/Swv5ijdc

The movie i scraped as an example is " Trick 'r Treat 2007"

i am getting routed on imdb webpage to the german site:

and this is how it looks after scraping:

i ruled out a mistake within the settings :

and this is from the log:

23:51:46 T:123145303453696 DEBUG: scraper: GetDetails returned <details><id>tt0862856</id><originaltitle>Trick 'r Treat - Die Nacht der Schrecken</originaltitle

and that's wrong, it's not the original title.

this is:

23:51:47 T:123145303453696 DEBUG: scraper: ParseIMDBAKATitles returned <details><title>Trick 'r Treat</title></details>

i hope i described the problem in an understandable way.

I am very confused what and why is happeing as I cannot reproduce this behaviour. Maybe IMDb is rolling out some changes and the changes is not yet up on the mirror for my region or something.
Anyhow we can try something, can you send me your e-mail in PM?

Edit: in the meantime, can you all having problem with IMDb outline re-test after updating IMDb Scraper Library to v2.8.2.
It is in System/Settings/Add-ons/System/Dependencies from within Kodi. If it still shows an older version, then go to the side menu (left) and hit Check for updates.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - GStacks13 - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-14, 11:31)olympia Wrote: Edit: in the meantime, can you all having problem with IMDb outline re-test after updating IMDb Scraper Library to v2.8.2.
It is in System/Settings/Add-ons/System/Dependencies from within Kodi. If it still shows an older version, then go to the side menu (left) and hit Check for updates.

After testing the new scraper, I can confirm that IMDB outlines are now scraping correctly. Thanks Olympia!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - great_vc - 2015-12-14

YES !!! olympia you are a god (or goddess Smile )
I can confirm that rating is back on !!
many many thanks !!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - xtreamer - 2015-12-27

gr8 addon. many many thanks !!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - pjakesson - 2015-12-31

Hello,

I'm using an ancient OpenELEC with XBMC 12.2 and Universal Movie Scraper 2.6.2.

Recently IMDB ratings have not been scraped into my library, and I see at IMDB.com
that the site has a new layout.

Guessing that requesting an update for Universal Movie Scarper for XBMC 12.2
isn't the most probable, but still I do.

regards

Per

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - ecser - 2016-01-04

Function Request: Create Placeholder.
When the scarper finds a file that can not be scarped into the library, it should create a "placeholder" entry into the library with the file name and some available infrmation (lengths, screenshot, etc). When checking the "recently added" tab of movies, this "placeholders" would be there and show, that something was added to the library but could not be identified. The user coud play the movie or "refresh" the data from here and scarpe the file into the library with some manual correction of the movie title info.
This function could be swiched on / off in the settings of the scarper.
Advantages:
- all new movies could be played no matter, if they could be scarped or not
- the user does not have to know, where the movie files are and how to find or scarpe them (think of wife and kids).
- no files "get lost" if they could not be scarped. The placeholders will show that they are there.
What do you think?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - pjakesson - 2016-01-06

(2015-12-13, 19:43)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 15:14)olympia Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 13:48)great_vc Wrote: Maybe is something on the path/naming of the movie file. Olympia have you tried to test it using the exact folder name/filename from our debug logs ?

No, nothing to do with that! ...and that's 100% sure.
I sent something to neurosis13 to test, waiting for his feedback.

i applied your fix and it worked.

for the people who don't want to wait for the automatic update:

change line 25 in imdb.xml in the metadata.common.imdb.com folder to the following :

Code:
                <expression>&lt;span\sitemprop=&quot;ratingValue&quot;&gt;([0-9.]+).*?ratingCount&quot;&gt;([0-9,]+)&lt;</expression>

Make sure you update the one in the userdata folder, not the one shipped originally with Kodi.

thank you very much olympia for your fast support and fix.

have a nice sunday everyone Rofl

I also applied the patch manually in Universal Movie Scraper version 2.6.2 on my XBMC 12.2,
and it seemed to work.

Thanks for sharing.

Per

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Kreevs - 2016-01-10

AMAZING!
I've literally been checking back every few weeks for almost a year waiting to see if Rotten Tomatoes ratings would ever come back..
(I've been manually adding them via .nfo since early 2015)

This is excellent news, thanks Olympia again for your great work!
Big Grin

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - angeldust - 2016-01-15

I get movie titles from moviedb with prefered language Greek so i can also get the Greek title of the movie.

The thing is, i want the movies to be displayed by their original (English most) title, and Greek title be shown as an extra info (where original movie title is, for example)

Now as far as i understand there is no way to sort movies by original movie title field, so is there a way through the script to do something like this? :

-Prefered title language (so actually kodi sort title) ---> Keep Original (or en or whatever anyone likes)

and another option

-Original Title Field Language (so instead of just take the original title for that field to choose) ---> Greek (or nothing or keep original or whatever anyone likes)

That way the movies will have the sorting language we want and in original language field the second language title we want.

Any other solution is welcome ( i did manage to do it for a movie by changing in nfo the "original_title" with the "title" but this is just temporary, for many movies needs a lot of manual work)

Thanx for your time!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - axlt2002 - 2016-01-19

Hi guys!

It seems that the scraper doesn't get the posters from movieposterdb anymore...Did you notice this issue too?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit - - -

I think that movieposterdb now relies on a site called www.cinematerial.com, and it seems there is no possiblity to download any poster if not registered...

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - demoncamber - 2016-01-20

So, is there any configuration that can be made? I have an issue, along with the default scraper that comes with kodi, which is, I use ember to already do nfo's and artwork for my files, however, it does not do trailers the way I want them to, I would like to use this scraper to just locate trailers for my files, however, it will replace all of my artwork incorrectly changing them all to thumbnails from the video source itself. Anyone know how to configure this to only do trailers?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - annomatik - 2016-01-20

Just one question... How can I select the plot-language or maybe even language in general?

Thanks!