Kodi Community Forum
[Windows] How do I make the mouse cursor stay hidden? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Kodi General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [Windows] How do I make the mouse cursor stay hidden? (/showthread.php?tid=130733)

How do I make the mouse cursor stay hidden? - marvey - 2012-05-05 16:08

I'm using a Logitech Harmony Remote that's mapped to an Ortek VRC-1100. The default configuration for this is to map 'right-click' to the Info button. I edited my mouse.xml keymap so that right-click produces a 'ContextMenu' action. I also enabled the mouse in the System settings. The only thing I'd like to see happen is that the mouse cursor disappear. I'm planning on only using a remote and I needed to enable the mouse because the remote maps 'Info' to right-click.

Is there a hidden setting that allows me to have the mouse cursor stay hidden but still enable right-click?

(Also, how do I configure my signature on this forum? I looked in the CP but couldn't find the setting).

I'm using Vista SP2/XBMC Eden/Logitech Harmony-Ortek VRC-1100.

RE: How do I make the mouse cursor stay hidden? - argh! - 2012-05-05 22:22

Not sure about that, but do you have any Harmony buttons that are nto yet mapped to a XBMC function? I use my Record button to bring up the context menu. Just set the Record in VCR-1100 to Record on your remote in the Harmony software, then start up showkey.exe and hit that button. It then spits out the command line for you to insert into remote.xml. Works like that for pretty much all buttons.

RE: How do I make the mouse cursor stay hidden? - marvey - 2012-05-06 14:29

I have a couple buttons that aren't mapped. The only problem is that I'm trying to make it as user-friendly as possible for non-techy/geeky folks (i.e. my wife). If I map the 'ContextMenu' button to the record button, she'll never find it. But at the very least she might guess at the Info or Guide buttons. Smile

I can live with the mouse cursor appearing; just wondering if there as a hidden setting.

RE: How do I make the mouse cursor stay hidden? - argh! - 2012-05-07 04:14

Well I'm sure can learn ONE key that's not super-intuitive.

RE: How do I make the mouse cursor stay hidden? - jmarshall - 2012-05-07 05:13

You could just eliminate the image from Pointer.xml in the skin. This means it'll never be there, ofc.